Amplitube 4 blocks all other audio from working on PC/Win 10

AmpliTube TONEX, AmpliTube 5, AmpliTube Custom Shop, AmpliTube Joe Satriani, AmpliTube Brian May, MESA/Boogie®,Orange™, Fender™, Hendrix™, Metal, AmpliTube SVX, and more for Mac/PC

Amplitube 4 blocks all other audio from working on PC/Win 10

Postby rockmetal » Tue Aug 14, 2018 4:40 pm

I just received my iRig HD 2 and installed all the various software components and authorized all. The software loads fine and I'm able to rock out. However, when I opened a browser and went to YouTube no videos would play. Apparently Amplitube's drivers are blocking or disabling all audio capabilities which defeats the purposes of this setup which is to be able to watch video tutorials while jamming along with songs.

PLEASE tell me there's a fix for this? Running Windows 10 on an Intel i5 chip with plenty of RAM.

Anyone have a solution?
rockmetal

Re: Amplitube 4 blocks all other audio from working on PC/Wi

Postby Ryan_IK » Wed Aug 15, 2018 8:08 pm

Hey rockmetal!

Thanks for your post.

Unfortunately, when using a device for system audio output, ASIO4ALL will not allow this device to be used in other programs. This will limit your hardware to one program at a time.

Do not worry, for this type of use the IK Multimedia Technical Support team should be able to offer a work around. Check with them at the link below.

http://www.ikmultimedia.com/contact-support/
IK Multimedia. Musicians First.
YouTube - Facebook - Twitter
Need help? Our support team will be happy to help and can be reached at this link.
Ryan_IK
Senpai

Return to AmpliTube Guitar Amp & FX modeling