Stomp I/O output to guitar amp

AmpliTube TONEX, AmpliTube 5, AmpliTube Custom Shop, AmpliTube Joe Satriani, AmpliTube Brian May, MESA/Boogie®,Orange™, Fender™, Hendrix™, Metal, AmpliTube SVX, and more for Mac/PC

Stomp I/O output to guitar amp

Postby brooks.gord » Sun Aug 12, 2018 1:18 pm

Just wondering if you could output the stomp I/O to a guitar amp? ie. plug it into the low sensitivity input of a JCM 800 for example. Would save a bundle on pedals that way! Anyone know? Thanks.
brooks.gord

Re: Stomp I/O output to guitar amp

Postby ricinro » Tue Aug 21, 2018 2:01 am

Yes, I plug my guitar into Stomp IO with the stomp IO output going to my amp. Stomp IO is running via USB to my imac and when I just want to play I usually turn off the software amps and cabs. This way it is like only having stomp pedals. I have an Egnater Rebel 30 which has great tone and while AmpliTube appears to have great amp simulation for DAW stuff sometimes its nice to pump sound through vacuum tubes...
ricinro

Postby muddi » Mon Aug 27, 2018 11:51 am

Hi ricinro, which output of the Stomp IO do you use to connect into a guitar amp? The Left output? I assume that is the mono output. Right? Are you satified with the sound created by connecting the STOMP IO with your guitar amp? I understand that you use only the pedal effects of the Stomp IO when you are connected with your amp and switch off the Amps & Cabs of AmpliTube. Thx in advance for your reply. Rgds, Muddi
muddi

Postby ricinro » Tue Aug 28, 2018 12:56 am

It happens to be the left output but I am not sure if it makes a difference. It is mono. I use the stomp IO a few ways. When I just want some effects, then yes I turn the amps/cabs off as I like the sound of my amp. However I recently got the Fender2 collection and these amps/cabs sound great in my clean channel. This is just for the joy of playing.
Another use of the stomp IO/AmpliTube is as a plug-in in garageband (or any other DAW) and while I can only listen in headphones or perhaps play through my Amp it is looking as though I may want to pick up a pair of powered studio monitors as the guitar is just part of the mix and that is not appropriate for a guitar amp. I notice that AmpliTube is "bundled" with ableton lite if garageband is not an option. The drummers in garageband are fairly sober and won't flirt with my wife so I am content with garageband. Perhaps ableton has similar drummers?

Enjoy!
ricinro

Postby brooks.gord » Tue Aug 28, 2018 2:17 am

Thanks much for replies. Great info.
brooks.gord

Postby muddi » Tue Aug 28, 2018 9:52 am

Thank you for your reply. I figured that even with the amps and cabs on, it would sound good. I have decided to buy the STOMP IO for LIVE use. I already have Amplitube4 on PC Windows and am very satisfied. Now, as I said, I'm going to buy the STOMP IO. I'm just worried that maybe the STOMP IO is more likely to be hooked up to the PA and not to a regular guitar amp because of the stereo output. Is that nonsense or not?
muddi

Postby dickinsonron » Thu Sep 07, 2023 3:11 am

Hello ricinro, I was wondering which Stomp IO output you use to plug into your guitar amp. Result of the Left? That's the mono output, I take it. Right? When you hook up the STOMP IO to your guitar amp, are you happy with the resulting sound? When you're hooked up to your amp, you reportedly just use the Stomp IO's pedal effects and turn off AmpliTube's Amps & Cabs. Awaiting your response with appreciation. Rgds, Muddi
dickinsonron

Return to AmpliTube Guitar Amp & FX modeling