Audio signal works in Daw but not in standalone. (Resolved).

AmpliTube TONEX, AmpliTube 5, AmpliTube Custom Shop, AmpliTube Joe Satriani, AmpliTube Brian May, MESA/Boogie®,Orange™, Fender™, Hendrix™, Metal, AmpliTube SVX, and more for Mac/PC

Audio signal works in Daw but not in standalone. (Resolved).

Postby TrevorD-mga » Sun Aug 12, 2018 1:14 pm

Have a sudden issue with the audio signal not working in AmpliTube 4. It worked fine as a standalone, but suddenly no input signal is coming in. Though when I run it as a plugin in my DAWs it runs fine. Have been using an AKAI EIE Pro interface forever and is very up to date as far as drivers (it's obviously working in my DAWs). Have tried several uninstalls and reinstalls, but problem persists.
Recently installed a demo of T-Racks C 5, just prior to the problem. But uninstalling that didn't seem to correct it either. It simply will not work like it use to 3 days ago. I can see the cpu meter responding when I strum a guitar though in the upper right of the app too. Which is why I can't figure this out what isn't working correctly.
Any hints to what has caused this would be great.

editted: The same problem is evident with Amplitube 3 too, but doesn't exist in Amplitube X-Gear. Same audo settings. Just did a complete re-install from oldest app to latest, hoping each would do a continual upgrade. Didn't work.
Last edited by TrevorD-mga on Tue Aug 14, 2018 1:03 am, edited 1 time in total.
"Dream it, Create it", ...that's all God did!
TrevorD-mga

Re: Audio signal works in Daw but not in standalone desktop

Postby carlaz » Mon Aug 13, 2018 8:40 pm

The only thing I can think of is whether the audio input sources for both the plug-in in your DAW and the standalone app are both correctly configured to pick up signal from the input on your interface that is actually transferring the signal from your guitar. I recognize that probably seems obvious, and you've probably already checked it -- but I've occasionally had myself running around in circles because the the app/plugin was trying to get audio from Input 1 when my guitar was actually plugged into Input 2, etc. Since your DAW and the standalone have separate audio configs (I presume), it could be configured appropriately on one but not the other.

Anyway ... if it's not something like that, try dropping a line to Support!
--
"Lords of rock ... grace us with your mighty love ...."
http://soundcloud.com/carledlundanderson
https://carledlundanderson.bandcamp.com/
carlaz
1K Club

Re: Audio signal works in Daw but not in standalone desktop

Postby TrevorD-mga » Tue Aug 14, 2018 1:00 am

Thanks Carlaz,
Yeah it awas all configured to the same thing. Mysteriously/thankfully, it has all come good last night. Got home from rehersals and plugged my bass in and away it went. Good as gold. Must have just needed a few restarts to get my system back in line again perhaps. In good time too, cos I was planning on getting the full version of AmpliTube 4 this week.
I have my keys in input 1 and 2, bass in 3 and guitar in 4. Have done that religeously since forever. So yeah, I do the normal instrument input setup thing each time I change instrument. Thanks for the info but. Not something I overlooked, but just might have the answer someone else needs. Though I believe it kind of remembers, to remain setup identically in both DAW and standalone modes. That's what through me the most. Anyway, A3 and A4 are running fine again.
I guess maybe doing several restarts was the key (was doing that between un-installs and re-installs also, btw).
"Dream it, Create it", ...that's all God did!
TrevorD-mga

Re: Audio signal works in Daw but not in standalone. (Resolv

Postby carlaz » Tue Aug 14, 2018 3:50 pm

Good to know it's back in business! 8-)
--
"Lords of rock ... grace us with your mighty love ...."
http://soundcloud.com/carledlundanderson
https://carledlundanderson.bandcamp.com/
carlaz
1K Club

Return to AmpliTube Guitar Amp & FX modeling