Output sound doesn't sound distortioned [Resolved]

AmpliTube TONEX, AmpliTube 5, AmpliTube Custom Shop, AmpliTube Joe Satriani, AmpliTube Brian May, MESA/Boogie®,Orange™, Fender™, Hendrix™, Metal, AmpliTube SVX, and more for Mac/PC

Output sound doesn't sound distortioned [Resolved]

Postby dgarcia666 » Tue Aug 07, 2018 12:21 pm

Hello everyone!

Im starting to use Amplitube 4 on my PC (i have also an iPad) I bought the iRigh HD 2 to connect my guitar to my devices. The connection between guitar - PC or iPad is OK. The problem is that Im watching some youtube videos to start playing and use some distrortion metallica like sound but unfortunetly my sound does not come out as distortioned as in the videos I watched. Im using the OverScream and Dual rectifier Mesa Amp.
Also I've seen in some iRigh videos that the light turns in to green, mine in the other hand stays on blue light constantly
Any idea of what is going on with the sound distortion?

Thanks in advance :)
dgarcia666

Re: Output sound doesn't sound distortioned

Postby garfy » Tue Aug 07, 2018 5:40 pm

Hello dgarcia666 and welcome to the forum.

dgarcia666 wrote:Also I've seen in some iRigh videos that the light turns in to green, mine in the other hand stays on blue light constantly

You need to turn up the gain on the input signal until the light flashes green or orange. If it goes red then you've gone too far. Whether this is the problem with distortion not being heard, I can't tell. So, do this first and report back if you still have a problem.

If this doesn't sort out the problem, it will be useful if you can tell us of your signal flow i.e. are you outputting to a guitar amp, or are you monitoring the app using speakers or headphones etc.

Hope that helps.
System Specs: 2012 Mac Mini 2.6 i7 & 2015 MBP 2.2 i7, 16GB RAM
macOS10.15.7 Logic 10.6.1 Reason 11
Various IK, NI, Waves, Softube, Eventide, XLN software
Focusrite 18i20 x 2, Novation ReMote 25SL
garfy

Postby dgarcia666 » Tue Aug 07, 2018 8:10 pm

Hey garfy, first of all thanks a lot for your reply. I've been checking the iRig HD 2 device and I didn't notice the gain regulator on the other side of the device fool of me :)

Now I think everything is working as it should!
Thanks a lot for your help!
dgarcia666

Postby garfy » Wed Aug 08, 2018 8:51 am

Excellent, glad that fixed it for you. :)
System Specs: 2012 Mac Mini 2.6 i7 & 2015 MBP 2.2 i7, 16GB RAM
macOS10.15.7 Logic 10.6.1 Reason 11
Various IK, NI, Waves, Softube, Eventide, XLN software
Focusrite 18i20 x 2, Novation ReMote 25SL
garfy

Return to AmpliTube Guitar Amp & FX modeling