Need help on standalone setup!

AmpliTube TONEX, AmpliTube 5, AmpliTube Custom Shop, AmpliTube Joe Satriani, AmpliTube Brian May, MESA/Boogie®,Orange™, Fender™, Hendrix™, Metal, AmpliTube SVX, and more for Mac/PC

Need help on standalone setup!

Postby jsalguero » Wed Jul 18, 2018 10:09 pm

Hope someone can help....
I'm looking for advice on the best setup to connect my guitar through amplitube and an 828x MOTU. In the past, I did this (and still do this) via some stomp boxes connected to a IK Stealth Pedal, with the Stealth Pedal connected to my iMac desktop computer vis USB, and the MOTU connected to the iMac computer via thunderbolt. In the past this was fine, but now that IK no longer supports the Stealth Pedal, I'm wondering whats the best way to setup what I have. For whatever reason it appears that if I go through the Stealth Pedal my volume is cut almost in half. Happyto ditch it since its a paperweight now, but not sure how i should connect everything.

Please help!
jsalguero

Re: Need help on standalone setup!

Postby carlaz » Thu Jul 19, 2018 6:16 pm

I am not quite sure that I correctly understand the problem, but I should think there should be no problem connecting via an MOTU 828x.

The 828x connects to your computer via Thunderbolt and/or USB (3.0).

With the 828x connected (and recognized by your computer!), you plug an instrument cable into one of the 828x inputs, probably input "2".

In the standalone Amplitube app, open Audio MIDI Setup from the Settings menu in the AmpliTube 4 menu bar.

Ensure that the 828x is selected as the Input device. (Also, ensure that it or whatever device is providing your audio output is selected in Output device!) Potentially, you may need to mess with the settings for the left and right channels for your input and/or output devices; it's hard to know without seeing how the Audio MIDI Setup sees things on your system.

But, basically, that should be about it!
--
"Lords of rock ... grace us with your mighty love ...."
http://soundcloud.com/carledlundanderson
https://carledlundanderson.bandcamp.com/
carlaz
1K Club

Return to AmpliTube Guitar Amp & FX modeling