Latency on Mac Book Pro- Need some help

AmpliTube TONEX, AmpliTube 5, AmpliTube Custom Shop, AmpliTube Joe Satriani, AmpliTube Brian May, MESA/Boogie®,Orange™, Fender™, Hendrix™, Metal, AmpliTube SVX, and more for Mac/PC

Latency on Mac Book Pro- Need some help

Postby methods21 » Mon Jul 16, 2018 10:30 pm

Hello,

My mac book pro is experiencing latency that is too high to allow for any playing. I'd love some advice on if this can be fixed.

My setup
Presonus AudioBox USB 96 into USB Port
IkLoud Speaker output from headphone jack (bluetooth was insanely lagged)
macOS Sierra 10.12.6
Processor 2.4GH intel core i5
Memory 8GB
Graphics Intel Iris 1536 MB

I've done the reboot, close every app. etc. Basic things that I thought would help.

For reference. I run a similar setup to my Windows 8 desktop machine, except with different speakers and Amplitube runs GREAT there. Is this mac just not enough, and or are there settings to reduce lag (even at the expense of sound quality)? Is there a tool/app that I could run that would verify system performance for aM4?
methods21

Re: Latency on Mac Book Pro- Need some help

Postby Peter_IK » Mon Jul 16, 2018 11:01 pm

You are correct about Bluetooth latency. There is too much latency for realtime audio recording or performance to be effectively monitored in real time via Bluetooth so it is not recommended/supported.

However, the main problem is likely the buffer size setting on your audio interface. Most audio interfaces will have a control panel type of app or some way to easily access settings and you can also try to adjust this setting in AmpliTube's Audio/MIDI Setup.

You can find information about the Audio/MIDI Setup in AmpliTube via the AmpliTube 4 User Manual section 2.1.1 which is installed on your system along with AmpliTube. If you are unfamiliar with the location of IK software manuals, please refer to the FAQ at http://www.ikmultimedia.com/faq/2497

Thank you.
IK Multimedia. Musicians First.
YouTube - Facebook - Twitter
Need help? Our support team will be happy to help and can be reached at this link.
From the rules: Moderator decisions are not a matter for forum discussion and are final.
Peter_IK
Kingpin

Postby methods21 » Wed Jul 18, 2018 2:21 am

Hi,

Just wanted to let you know that changing the buffer to 128 seemed to do the trick. Thanks!
methods21

Postby Peter_IK » Wed Jul 18, 2018 2:58 pm

methods21 wrote:Hi,

Just wanted to let you know that changing the buffer to 128 seemed to do the trick. Thanks!

Awesome! You're welcome!
IK Multimedia. Musicians First.
YouTube - Facebook - Twitter
Need help? Our support team will be happy to help and can be reached at this link.
From the rules: Moderator decisions are not a matter for forum discussion and are final.
Peter_IK
Kingpin

Return to AmpliTube Guitar Amp & FX modeling