Where can I find pedal diagrams that replicate specific song

AmpliTube TONEX, AmpliTube 5, AmpliTube Custom Shop, AmpliTube Joe Satriani, AmpliTube Brian May, MESA/Boogie®,Orange™, Fender™, Hendrix™, Metal, AmpliTube SVX, and more for Mac/PC

Where can I find pedal diagrams that replicate specific song

Postby mennace » Fri Jul 06, 2018 11:59 pm

Is there a site or forum that has diagrams that mimic specific bands or songs. Like a cheat sheet??
mennace

Re: Where can I find pedal diagrams that replicate specific

Postby carlaz » Tue Jul 10, 2018 10:05 pm

Alas, the simple answer is: "no".

You can find lots of online information about various famous guitarists' touring rigs just by Googling. I think the GuitarGeek Web site is gone (?), but there are even still lots of those pretty images and diagrams floating around. There can be misinformation, and players do change things up from time to time -- and there's less solid information for many players from "back in the day". But, basically, there's a lot of info.

On the other hand, info about live/touring rigs is a very different thing than info about what was done on a particular studio recording. That info sometimes exists, but many times it doesn't. Producers will not infrequently make choices about recording gear that is quite a bit different from what a player typically uses on the road, and there can be different variations, combinations, and blends in the studio that could hardly be recreated live.

So, your best hope is to go out Googling for information about the gear/processes used on, if not particular songs, then at least particular albums for the player(s) you have in mind. You can then try to approximate the gear choices in AmpliTube, and try to dial yourself into a more and more similar tone. (Keeping in mind that studio recordings may have all kinds of processing that can't be easily duplicated in AmpliTube alone!)
--
"Lords of rock ... grace us with your mighty love ...."
http://soundcloud.com/carledlundanderson
https://carledlundanderson.bandcamp.com/
carlaz
1K Club

Return to AmpliTube Guitar Amp & FX modeling