Sound Improvment with Graphic EQ (Factory Presets)

AmpliTube TONEX, AmpliTube 5, AmpliTube Custom Shop, AmpliTube Joe Satriani, AmpliTube Brian May, MESA/Boogie®,Orange™, Fender™, Hendrix™, Metal, AmpliTube SVX, and more for Mac/PC

Sound Improvment with Graphic EQ (Factory Presets)

Postby jjguitar » Sun Jul 01, 2018 1:37 pm

I´ve realized that there were some factory presets with the Grahic EQ in Amplitube 3 which don´t show up in Amplitube 4.
So I´ve made some Amplitube 3 presets with these Graphic EQ module presets and imported them into Amplitube 4. Now I´m able to use them in Amplitube 4.
In my opinion using these Graphic EQ factory presets impoves the sound in Amplitube alot.
For example take the "Bottom & Prescence" and " Bright & Fat" Graphic EQ presets and tweak only the amps tone contols (if needed) and see how the sound improves.
The amp models in Amplitube sounds great but with the Graphic EQ they sound even better.
I´ve tried this with the 5150 and Marhall typ amps and so far and I like the results very much.
Try it by yourself and post your opinions.
I have posted some presets on preset exchange for you guys who don´t own Amplitube 3 so you can transfer these presets into Amplitube 4.
Gear: Amplitube 5
Guitars: Heritage H-150, Gibson LP, Melancon Strat, Haar Strat, ESP Ron Wood Tele w/ stainless steel frets
jjguitar

Re: Sound Improvment with Graphic EQ (Factory Presets)

Postby DC42 » Wed Aug 15, 2018 4:57 am

Thank you JJGuitar....these EQ settings have helped me dial in some nice tones. Any other of these little tweaks would be appreciated as well 8-)

Dave
DC42

Postby jjguitar » Sat Aug 18, 2018 8:04 pm

Glad you like it.
There are some more factory EQ presets in Amplitube 3.
I´ve posted my favorite 3. Maybe next week I will post the others on preset exchange so you can import them into Amplitube 4.
In my opinion the cab section (speaker & mic position) and Post Eq settings make a huge difference in sound.
Guitars: Heritage H-150, Gibson LP, Melancon Strat, Haar Strat, ESP Ron Wood Tele w/ stainless steel frets
jjguitar

Postby DC42 » Sat Aug 18, 2018 9:50 pm

Thanks! Been into the virtual world for about a year. Took some time but have learned quite a bit (and am pretty satisfied with the tones I am getting).

"In my opinion the cab section (speaker & mic position) and Post Eq settings make a huge difference in sound."

Totally agree...have had success with external IR's and A4 (speaker, mic, and your eq) as well.

Appreciate you sharing your knowledge and files!

Dave
DC42

Postby jjguitar » Sun Aug 19, 2018 8:20 pm

The other factory EQ presets are on the preset exchange.
If anybody have other EQ presets put them on preset xchange please.
jjguitar

Postby DC42 » Sun Aug 19, 2018 9:53 pm

Thank you!
DC42

Return to AmpliTube Guitar Amp & FX modeling