AT4 4.6 sound problems anyone?

AmpliTube TONEX, AmpliTube 5, AmpliTube Custom Shop, AmpliTube Joe Satriani, AmpliTube Brian May, MESA/Boogie®,Orange™, Fender™, Hendrix™, Metal, AmpliTube SVX, and more for Mac/PC

AT4 4.6 sound problems anyone?

Postby jeepbuff » Fri Jun 22, 2018 1:44 am

I was wondering if anyone started experiencing sound issues since this latest 4.6 update.

I have been using AT4 for a couple years now and have been problem free for most of that time once presonus came out with their own driver for the audiobox.

Lately I'm having nothing but cracks and pops in my audio while in AT4. The only things that have changed in this time period are that I received my iRig Stomp I/O, downloaded and installed the new AT4 version 4.6 and installed the asio4all driver to run the audio interface in the iRig Stomp I/O.

Once I got all the cracks and pops in the sound, I was thinking it was because of the asio4all driver since I was problem free for 2 years with my audiobox and its own driver. Now, I don't think that's the case.

I went back once again to the audiobox and its own driver and it seemed fine for about a good 30 minutes the other night. Today I play some in AT4 and the cracks and pops are back even with the audiobox.

Anyone having any sound issues with the new 4.6 AT4? Or maybe with the iRig Stomp I/O causing it? Maybe it's usb cable?

I'm at my wits end.

Edit: Windows 10, core I7, 12 gig ram.........I watch the cpu meter while in AT4 and it stays low. Under 25%
jeepbuff

Re: AT4 4.6 sound problems anyone?

Postby garfy » Fri Jun 22, 2018 7:50 am

Have you tried to increase the buffer size in the Audio/MIDI setup to see if that makes a difference? I know it's not the best fix, but it may be an acceptable change. It might also give you an indication as to whether it is the driver as opposed to anything else.
System Specs: 2012 Mac Mini 2.6 i7 & 2015 MBP 2.2 i7, 16GB RAM
macOS10.15.7 Logic 10.6.1 Reason 11
Various IK, NI, Waves, Softube, Eventide, XLN software
Focusrite 18i20 x 2, Novation ReMote 25SL
garfy

Postby jeepbuff » Fri Jun 22, 2018 9:10 am

Yea. I actually took it all the way up to 1024 and it's still there. It's not as loud but it's still there. I've also come across another issue in AT4 4.6 that I dont recall happening before. When switching between the Looper mode and recorder mode, the volume drops substantially using the same preset.

Then the last time I switched from Looper to recorder mode, it was only a dry signal that I could hear, no AT4 effects or nothing and the input meter in AT4 wasn't registering anything. Switch back to Looper and input meter was fine with all the effects and such. Still had the noise though.

Makes me think something isn't right with 4.6
jeepbuff

Postby garfy » Fri Jun 22, 2018 12:26 pm

I don't use AT in that way, so I can't speak from experience, but if you've still got issues at 1024 plus the additional problems you're getting, I would suggest putting a ticket in to IK Support for some one-to-one help, as something is definitely not right.

https://www.ikmultimedia.com/contact-support/mi/
System Specs: 2012 Mac Mini 2.6 i7 & 2015 MBP 2.2 i7, 16GB RAM
macOS10.15.7 Logic 10.6.1 Reason 11
Various IK, NI, Waves, Softube, Eventide, XLN software
Focusrite 18i20 x 2, Novation ReMote 25SL
garfy

Postby jeepbuff » Fri Jun 22, 2018 12:44 pm

I have a ticket open but no luck so far.

While scouring the internet for audio cracks and Pops in general, not specific to amplitube or any audio interface, but spread over a variety of different audio software programs and interfaces, someone found that in Windows 10 if you disable the fastboot it's solved his problem and many others in the same thread said it also solve their problem.

Some reason with the fastboot it may not be loading up the drivers properly all the time so that may explain why sometimes it sounds good and other days it don't. When I get home from work today I will
try this method out and see if it works.
jeepbuff

Postby jeepbuff » Sun Jun 24, 2018 4:14 am

Well, disabling the fastboot didn't work and a million other things didnt work. I was troubleshooting for 15 hours today using the iRig Stomp I/O interface and no go. Even tried in reaper with a dry signal and the cracks and pops were there.

I changed back to my audiobox for both input and output, still using the asio4all driver and the cracks and pops were gone. I played for about 15 minutes and no noise. With the iRig Stomp I/O, the noise starts within a couple minutes and goes for about 30 seconds and stops for a couple more minutes before it starts back up again. Dont know if the iRig Stomp I/O is more sensitive and its picking up interference or what. I do think when its working right, that the sound is better with that than the audiobox sound.

Pulling my hair out. haha
jeepbuff

Return to AmpliTube Guitar Amp & FX modeling