DAW Automation Parameters

AmpliTube TONEX, AmpliTube 5, AmpliTube Custom Shop, AmpliTube Joe Satriani, AmpliTube Brian May, MESA/Boogie®,Orange™, Fender™, Hendrix™, Metal, AmpliTube SVX, and more for Mac/PC

DAW Automation Parameters

Postby ramuji » Wed Jun 06, 2018 8:09 am

I submitted a ticket (feature request) to Customer Support today, asking them to please increase the number of DAW automation parameters in Amplitube. Does anyone else find just 16 assignable parameters to be too limiting?

"Could you please increase the number of DAW automation parameters in Amplitube? Currently there are only 16 assignable parameters, and that is simply too limiting. Ideally I would like to assign parameters for all of the front panel knobs (Vol, Mid, Bass, etc.) on all of my amps so I can "set it and forget it", but even just doubling the current number would be an improvement. That way I could at least set the controls for my 4 or maybe 5 most used amps."
--
ramuji
ramuji.com
ramuji

Re: DAW Automation Parameters

Postby Ryan_IK » Thu Jun 14, 2018 5:14 pm

Hey ramuji,

Thanks for your post!

We appreciate your comments and interest here. While I will be sure to pass this information to the correct persons. Do note, using MIDI control you will be able to learn more parameters than the set 16 Automation parameters. Check with the IK support team here if you need any help with this.
IK Multimedia. Musicians First.
YouTube - Facebook - Twitter
Need help? Our support team will be happy to help and can be reached at this link.
Ryan_IK
Senpai

Postby ramuji » Thu Jun 14, 2018 5:35 pm

Ryan_IK wrote:Hey ramuji,

Thanks for your post!

We appreciate your comments and interest here. While I will be sure to pass this information to the correct persons. Do note, using MIDI control you will be able to learn more parameters than the set 16 Automation parameters. Check with the IK support team here if you need any help with this.

Hi, Ryan.

Thanks for the reply.
I run Amplitube in Ableton Live, and have always used the MIDI learn function in Amplitube, as you suggest. The only problem I have is that Live's Takeover Mode works only with automation parameters.

Takeover Mode is a nifty feature that avoids the problem of values instantly jumping around when the position of a potentiometer knob does not match the current parameter value. Kinda difficult to explain without a visual, but basically a work-around when using pots instead of rotary encoders.

EDIT: ... or, another possible solution is for IKM to add their own "Takeover Mode" in Amplitube ... ;)
--
ramuji
ramuji.com
ramuji

Postby Ryan_IK » Thu Jun 14, 2018 5:44 pm

Thanks for the quick reply.

We certainly appreciate your interest here and I will be sure to pass this information along to the correct persons.

Be sure to check out the latest update to AmpliTube. Version 4.6 includes some great new features. Click here for more information on this update.
IK Multimedia. Musicians First.
YouTube - Facebook - Twitter
Need help? Our support team will be happy to help and can be reached at this link.
Ryan_IK
Senpai

Postby fmgdias » Wed Feb 21, 2024 10:17 pm

Any feedback on this ticket? I also need more than 16 parameters.
fmgdias

Return to AmpliTube Guitar Amp & FX modeling