Amplitube 4 and playing with a track -- where's my bass??

AmpliTube TONEX, AmpliTube 5, AmpliTube Custom Shop, AmpliTube Joe Satriani, AmpliTube Brian May, MESA/Boogie®,Orange™, Fender™, Hendrix™, Metal, AmpliTube SVX, and more for Mac/PC

Amplitube 4 and playing with a track -- where's my bass??

Postby realkingmixer » Thu May 24, 2018 4:02 am

Hey, I've got a pile of tunes to learn here and thought I'd just load them up into Amplitube 4 and get to work.

Fat chance!! It seems like software always puts a barrier in the way of getting work done.

I suppose it's a newbie question, but I honestly can't find any single easily accessible info on how to set up Amplitube 4 (standalone) to simply let me -- bass player -- play with an audio backing track.

I can get a rockin' great bass sound going, and I can see it on input 1 of the internal DAW. I can load an audio file onto track 2 and play it.

But when I go to play along, I find that Amplitube 4 has dropped my dang bass signal completely. Signal input and output show no activity.

What the heck gives here? What am I doing wrong? And furthermore, why is it a research project?? Where is this function documented so people can learn it?

Sorry to be all grumpy old guy about this but geez -- the software should just do it's job here. I'm trying to do mine.
realkingmixer

Re: Amplitube 4 and playing with a track -- where's my bass?

Postby Peter_IK » Thu May 24, 2018 3:46 pm

The Multitrack Recorder Section has controls on each track, including Record Enable and FX which are likely involved in the issue you are experiencing. You'll want to make sure your bass track has recording and FX enabled, and to make sure your imported audio track does not have either enabled.

You can find the Multitrack Recorder section covered in section 11 of the AmpliTube User Manual (if you are not sure of the location of the manual please refer to this FAQ at http://www.ikmultimedia.com/faq/2497 ). 11.3 covers track controls specifically.
IK Multimedia. Musicians First.
YouTube - Facebook - Twitter
Need help? Our support team will be happy to help and can be reached at this link.
From the rules: Moderator decisions are not a matter for forum discussion and are final.
Peter_IK
Kingpin

Postby realkingmixer » Thu May 24, 2018 4:35 pm

Thanks for the response. Having worked with computing devices and computers for decades and decades, I of course know how to find your manual and I read it several times, especially the DAW section. I assure you the issue is *not* covered there.

There might be time to troubleshoot and develop this thing sometime in the future. In the meantime it's just a roadblock in the way of getting things accomplished and Amplitube is out of the picture here
realkingmixer

Postby Peter_IK » Thu May 24, 2018 6:17 pm

realkingmixer wrote:Thanks for the response. Having worked with computing devices and computers for decades and decades, I of course know how to find your manual and I read it several times, especially the DAW section. I assure you the issue is *not* covered there.

There might be time to troubleshoot and develop this thing sometime in the future. In the meantime it's just a roadblock in the way of getting things accomplished and Amplitube is out of the picture here

Hi, I understand it is frustrating when things don't work the way we expect right out of the box but the manual does indeed mention the record ready and FX buttons need to be enabled on your instrument track and how to import audio on to another track. I will relay your comments and that it isn't presented specifically in context of "how to play along with backing tracks" for consideration in a future manual update. Thank you.
IK Multimedia. Musicians First.
YouTube - Facebook - Twitter
Need help? Our support team will be happy to help and can be reached at this link.
From the rules: Moderator decisions are not a matter for forum discussion and are final.
Peter_IK
Kingpin

Return to AmpliTube Guitar Amp & FX modeling