Amplitube MIDI send

AmpliTube TONEX, AmpliTube 5, AmpliTube Custom Shop, AmpliTube Joe Satriani, AmpliTube Brian May, MESA/Boogie®,Orange™, Fender™, Hendrix™, Metal, AmpliTube SVX, and more for Mac/PC

Amplitube MIDI send

Postby bmoe24x » Sat May 19, 2018 11:04 pm

Hello,

I built a MIDI controller for amplitube and was wondering if amplitube sends midi signals at all (or if there is a way to). The only problem I have is that if i use the mouse to turn a pedal off the controller doesn't know this, so then my indicator light is pretty pointless and the next time i click the foot switch it just keeps the pedal off instead of switching on.

Thanks
bmoe24x

Re: Amplitube MIDI send

Postby smata65 » Fri May 25, 2018 3:11 am

Amplitube doesn't give midi feedback of status, You can't get the bypass status of a pedal or control value (volume, delay wah, etc) from amplitube.

You have to maintain the indicator leds/display status on your midi controller, depending on what midi commands you send.
smata65

Postby bmoe24x » Fri May 25, 2018 3:16 am

Appreciate the reply. In your opinion is amplitube behind the ball on MIDI control? Seems like a lot of posts wishing for features and such
bmoe24x

Postby smata65 » Fri May 25, 2018 4:47 am

Like everypiece of hrdware and software that i've ever used, AT has its idiosyncrasy, but i don't think it is behind midiwise.

I've been using AT WIth an FCB 1010 midi controller live since 2010 (AT X-Gear had limitations with Program Change commands, that was interesting, CCs worked well). SInce AT3, I,ve been able to control with midi everything i've nedded. Program change, Amp controls, FX Bypass, FX values, Wah pedal, MIc position, pan, mute etc.

IKM have never implemented midi control for each module's controls, but there's practically nothing that you can't achieve by controlling existing parameters.
smata65

Return to AmpliTube Guitar Amp & FX modeling