Frustrated noob - how to use Leslie live

AmpliTube TONEX, AmpliTube 5, AmpliTube Custom Shop, AmpliTube Joe Satriani, AmpliTube Brian May, MESA/Boogie®,Orange™, Fender™, Hendrix™, Metal, AmpliTube SVX, and more for Mac/PC

Frustrated noob - how to use Leslie live

Postby Yourmarketingsucks » Tue May 15, 2018 2:17 pm

Hi folks.
I'm at an impasse with the new Leslie simulator. I was about to purchase a Neo Instruments Mini Vent II to use with my real Hammond T212 tonewheel organ, until I saw the IK Leslie simulator announced recently.
So I spent quite a bit of frustrated time trying to download Amplitube and then TRacks on my Windows 10 PC, just so I could try out the Leslie sim.
Holy cow what an absurd, convoluted process to download and install those few items just to obtain anything resembling a sound through the Leslie sim.
Couldn't get live audio working from my Hammond into the sim, ended up playing back a few recordings of my Hammond direct from its line output, so at least I have been able to hear the Leslie sim with my own instrument, albeit not live as hoped.
I can't even figure out how to capture my Leslie speed changes whilst playing back a recording, so I can export it later with speed changes intact.
I NEED HELP OR I WILL ABANDON THIS BRAND IN FRUSTRATION.

So I gotta ask the experts here: HOW DO I PLAY MY HAMMOND LIVE THROUGH THE LESLIE SIM?

It shouldn't be this difficult!

I'm at a point of frustration with IK at the moment which is almost enough to turn me off their products for good. If this is the type of experience I can expect, then I could never record or gig with products from a company like this. I'm almost ready to cough up the extra several hundred dollars for the Mini Vent II - it's more than three times the price of the IK Leslie but at this point I can't see how the cost saving with IK is worth the headaches, frustration and risk of failure during a costly recording session or at a gig.

Thanks in advance for your help, I'm hoping there is a simple solution to this and maybe I'm just missing some crucial element
Yourmarketingsucks

Re: Frustrated noob - how to use Leslie live

Postby garfy » Tue May 15, 2018 3:46 pm

Hello Yourmarketingsucks and welcome to the forum.

Firstly, T-Racks doesn't allow 'live' input to it so AmpliTube will be the way to go to achieve what you want.

Secondly, can you be a bit more specific about your signal chain/software workflow please. You say you...
Yourmarketingsucks wrote:Couldn't get live audio working from my Hammond into the sim, ended up playing back a few recordings of my Hammond direct from its line output, so at least I have been able to hear the Leslie sim with my own instrument, albeit not live as hoped.

...so how did you achieve that? What DAW are you using or are you working in standalone mode?
System Specs: 2012 Mac Mini 2.6 i7 & 2015 MBP 2.2 i7, 16GB RAM
macOS10.15.7 Logic 10.6.1 Reason 11
Various IK, NI, Waves, Softube, Eventide, XLN software
Focusrite 18i20 x 2, Novation ReMote 25SL
garfy

Postby Ryan_IK » Tue May 15, 2018 4:56 pm

Hey Yourmarketingsucks,

Sorry to hear of all of your troubles and frustrations here. We are more than happy to help you through this process. We do understand, getting started with new software programs it is very helpful to have a helping hand. Please note however, this is a user-to-user discussion forum. While users may be able to help here, this may not be the most effective place for this conversation. With that said, please contact our Technical Support department here. They should be able to help you here.
IK Multimedia. Musicians First.
YouTube - Facebook - Twitter
Need help? Our support team will be happy to help and can be reached at this link.
Ryan_IK
Senpai

Postby garfy » Tue May 15, 2018 5:00 pm

Ryan_IK wrote:Hey garfy,

Sorry to hear of all of your troubles and frustrations here. We are more than happy to help you through this process. We do understand, getting started with new software programs it is very helpful to have a helping hand. Please note however, this is a user-to-user discussion forum. While users may be able to help here, this may not be the most effective place for this conversation. With that said, please contact our Technical Support department here. They should be able to help you here.

I think you meant to address this to Yourmarketingsucks. I haven't got issues ;)

Garfy
System Specs: 2012 Mac Mini 2.6 i7 & 2015 MBP 2.2 i7, 16GB RAM
macOS10.15.7 Logic 10.6.1 Reason 11
Various IK, NI, Waves, Softube, Eventide, XLN software
Focusrite 18i20 x 2, Novation ReMote 25SL
garfy

Postby Ryan_IK » Tue May 15, 2018 6:26 pm

garfy wrote:
Ryan_IK wrote:Hey garfy,

I think you meant to address this to Yourmarketingsucks. I haven't got issues ;)

Garfy

My apologies, you are correct, thanks for the heads up! :D
IK Multimedia. Musicians First.
YouTube - Facebook - Twitter
Need help? Our support team will be happy to help and can be reached at this link.
Ryan_IK
Senpai

Return to AmpliTube Guitar Amp & FX modeling