When do you need to run Authorization Manager?

AmpliTube TONEX, AmpliTube 5, AmpliTube Custom Shop, AmpliTube Joe Satriani, AmpliTube Brian May, MESA/Boogie®,Orange™, Fender™, Hendrix™, Metal, AmpliTube SVX, and more for Mac/PC

When do you need to run Authorization Manager?

Postby nhuphuong422 » Tue May 15, 2018 4:17 am

signed up for the Amplitube 3 demo download and I notice it gave me a registration key, but I did not run the Authorization Manager since I am in demo mode.

If I spend $200 and buy Amplitube 3, will I get another reg key? Should I run Authorization Manager and use the key I have now FIRST before buying the product?

Please only reply if you know the answer for sure!

Thanks
nhuphuong422

Re: When do you need to run Authorization Manager?

Postby garfy » Tue May 15, 2018 3:39 pm

Hello nhuphuong422 and welcome to the forum.

Yes, the authorisation manager should be run even for the free software as it lets the app know exactly what you are running.

But, can I ask, are you definitely talking about AmpliTube 3? The reason I ask is that AmpliTube 4 was released a few years ago now so you would not have been able to download the free version of AT3 unless you had signed up for it before. Also, if you are thinking of buying AT3, then is this second hand software?

Either way, if you buy the software you should get a new serial number which will 'unlock' the other aspects of the software not available in the free version.

Hope that helps.
System Specs: 2012 Mac Mini 2.6 i7 & 2015 MBP 2.2 i7, 16GB RAM
macOS10.15.7 Logic 10.6.1 Reason 11
Various IK, NI, Waves, Softube, Eventide, XLN software
Focusrite 18i20 x 2, Novation ReMote 25SL
garfy

Return to AmpliTube Guitar Amp & FX modeling