Stomp io distorting when using any bass amps

AmpliTube TONEX, AmpliTube 5, AmpliTube Custom Shop, AmpliTube Joe Satriani, AmpliTube Brian May, MESA/Boogie®,Orange™, Fender™, Hendrix™, Metal, AmpliTube SVX, and more for Mac/PC

Stomp io distorting when using any bass amps

Postby DigitalEd » Sat May 12, 2018 1:22 am

Hi
Just got my stomp io and setting it up.

When it first starts it has a guitar amp set and the sound is working right so are effects.
But as soon as I change it to a bass amp everything turns to a distorted mess sound like something is wrong. At that point, if I try and go back to a normal guitar amp it is still distorted no matter what I pick everything is distorted sounding.

The only way to stop it is to restart the program but then I am back to I cannot pick any bass amp as this just happens all over again.

This is not an effect distortion it is a something is wrong sound.

Nothing effect on, nothing is overdriving,

Not sure what to do.

On a PC laptop
I reinstalled the program and get the same thing.

Anyone have any clue what might be the problem.
Thanks
DigitalEd

Re: Stomp io distorting when using any bass amps

Postby Timo2019 » Sat May 12, 2018 2:05 am

What size buffer are you set at?
Timo2019

Postby DigitalEd » Sat May 12, 2018 9:15 pm

It looks like I got it working.

I uninstalled it and DL another version same version but this time it is working.

Just need to map the foot switches now.
DigitalEd

Postby DigitalEd » Sun May 20, 2018 1:07 am

This is not fixed after all

It is happening all the time now.

I can be playing and all of a sudden everything distorts bad it seems to be the software.
Switching from one effect to another can trigger then bad distortion to happen sometimes.

Changing apps makes it happen to.

Picking a preset can trigger it.

I have to shut the program down and restart or I have found that I can go into settings and change the setting out and then back in and them I good till it does it again in a few min or I change something.

I could never play out live like this. I can not even get a good recording as switching effects can trigger what ever is going wrong,
DigitalEd

Postby Peter_IK » Sun May 20, 2018 4:27 pm

This is not the normal experience and it is very usable live. Please report your issue to IK Support if you have not done so already. They will be able to assist you and resolve your issues.
IK Multimedia. Musicians First.
YouTube - Facebook - Twitter
Need help? Our support team will be happy to help and can be reached at this link.
From the rules: Moderator decisions are not a matter for forum discussion and are final.
Peter_IK
Kingpin

Postby faiqm » Tue May 22, 2018 9:38 pm

I had the same issue when I upgraded to version 4.5 or later. It doesn't do this when I use it as a VST in a DAW, but I often use it standalone to practice guitar, so I'll stick with version 4.4 for now.
faiqm

Postby Peter_IK » Tue May 22, 2018 9:47 pm

faiqm wrote:I had the same issue when I upgraded to version 4.5 or later. It doesn't do this when I use it as a VST in a DAW, but I often use it standalone to practice guitar, so I'll stick with version 4.4 for now.

I’m sure support can help you too. The latest version works as both standalone and plugin without this issue.
Need help? Our support team will be happy to help and can be reached at this link.
From the rules: Moderator decisions are not a matter for forum discussion and are final.
Peter_IK
Kingpin

Postby Globaladdict » Mon Jun 03, 2019 3:13 am

Having the same issue, ver 4.8. changing banks sets it off if it hasn't done it by itself. I am assuming is a power issue or setup issue. I"m plugged in usb power from a surface pro running amplitube 4 deluxe, direction out the left output 1/4 to a yorkville powered monitor. Any updates?
Globaladdict

Postby Peter_IK » Mon Jun 03, 2019 4:32 pm

Globaladdict wrote:Having the same issue, ver 4.8. changing banks sets it off if it hasn't done it by itself. I am assuming is a power issue or setup issue. I"m plugged in usb power from a surface pro running amplitube 4 deluxe, direction out the left output 1/4 to a yorkville powered monitor. Any updates?

Best way to troubleshoot what type of issue it is would be to also contact IK Support via http://www.ikmultimedia.com/contact-support as was suggested to OP above. They will work with you directly to help get you up and running trouble free. Thanks!
Peter_IK
Kingpin

Return to AmpliTube Guitar Amp & FX modeling