Need help effects do not sound right ever - playing live

AmpliTube TONEX, AmpliTube 5, AmpliTube Custom Shop, AmpliTube Joe Satriani, AmpliTube Brian May, MESA/Boogie®,Orange™, Fender™, Hendrix™, Metal, AmpliTube SVX, and more for Mac/PC

Need help effects do not sound right ever - playing live

Postby DigitalEd » Wed May 02, 2018 10:05 pm

Hi i am running the free version of Amplitube 4 as I am still waiting on the I rig stomp I ordered months ago.

The problem I am having is none of the effects ever sound good when playing live into my laptop and out to a speaker.

I am playing bass.

I am playing into the laptop with it going into Amplitube 4 and i can hear changes made to the amps but the stompbox effects do almost nothing to the sound at all

I paid for a few extras and have the Ampeg effects and some of them, when turned on, do nothing at all. Filter no matter what I set it to has no effect on the sound at all playing live.

Chorus and others I can hear a very small effect but not much at all even compressor I have to have 2 or 3 of them going to even hear it working.

But if I record something in Amplitube and play it back then the effects are way overcooked on the playback so the recording is getting use of all the effects and using them but what i here when playing is not using the effects for the most past so i can never get the same sound from what i am playing and what is recorded to be the same.

I have tried changing every setting I can input-output and so on and still the live playing effect is almost not there and for some effects is none at all. Even fuzz is so low its like I do not have it on playing live but in a recording, it's super hot to much.

How can I fix this so I can play and hear the effects the same way it is being recorded?.

Its like I am only getting a small bleed of effect when playing live not the full effect mixed in or used.

Even with a delay echo to even hear a little bit of it I have to have my bass turned up to full volume and the input up almost to the top and everything set to the highest setting and then on the output to the speakers I can hear it a little bit but in a recording playback it nuts all overdone.

Thanks
DigitalEd

Re: Need help effects do not sound right ever - playing live

Postby alistairb » Mon May 07, 2018 3:51 pm

Does your audio interface have some kind of zero latency monitoring turned on? This would send your dry unprocessed signal to the output.
alistairb

Return to AmpliTube Guitar Amp & FX modeling