Custom Shop and UAC

AmpliTube TONEX, AmpliTube 5, AmpliTube Custom Shop, AmpliTube Joe Satriani, AmpliTube Brian May, MESA/Boogie®,Orange™, Fender™, Hendrix™, Metal, AmpliTube SVX, and more for Mac/PC

Custom Shop and UAC

Postby matthew.gayton » Fri Apr 20, 2018 1:24 am

Greetings all!

I seem to have run into a problem that has IK Support stumped; so I am writing to ask the community if anyone has had a similar problem. I've searched the forum and haven't found anything similar so I may be the only one who has.

I am using a Windows 10 64bit User account to run Reaper and all of my instrument and effect plugins. I've installed the free version of AmpliTube 4 and have some amps, cabs, and effects picked out to purchase. I started with a stomp box purchase, but I've run into a problem. I can't run Custom Shop in user mode (it requires me to enter the Admin password when it runs.) That is all fine and well, except the peddle I purchased doesn't show up as activated. If I run Reaper as Admin, then run AT4 shows the peddle as activated, but then all of my other effects and instruments show up as unregistered because Reaper is essentially running on my Admin account. This defeats the purpose of having a separation between an Admin and User account.

As I am sure most Windows users know, when you install your operating system it is wise to create two accounts, an Admin account and a User account. Each of these accounts have their own personal set of folders and settings. The Admin account has access to the operating system and it is safest once it is created to make a User account with limited access to the system and from then on just log into the User account (using the Admin password to do program installation; and the Admin account for infrequent maintenance.)

I've had no problem with any of the myriad synths, effects, and even amp and cab emulations from other companies, all installing and running properly under a User account. But I really love the feel of AT4 cabs and, of course, it's the one that doesn't want to play nice.

I was able to log into my Admin account and copy over the AT4 presets (which didn't work when I first installed AT4) to my User folders which fixed that problem, so now I just have this last snag of my purchases not showing as activated when running under a User account. Does anyone know where Custom Shop puts its activation file so I can move it from my Admin account to my User account (or is that even possible when you've registered online?)

Any help would be greatly appreciated.
Kind regards,
-M
matthew.gayton

Re: Custom Shop and UAC

Postby Ryan_IK » Tue Apr 24, 2018 5:03 pm

Hello Matthew!

Thanks for your post. Sorry to hear of your troubles here.

Please contact Technical Support for direct assistance here.

http://www.ikmultimedia.com/contact-support/

In the meantime, you can set AmpliTube 4, the Custom Shop, and Reaper to always run as an administrator. To do this, right click the software icon in question here and go to the 'Compatbility' tab. Check the box for this feature and press okay.

The UAC (User Account Control) settings can also be adjusted here for some additional control. To find these, use the Windows search tool and type in 'UAC'.
IK Multimedia. Musicians First.
YouTube - Facebook - Twitter
Need help? Our support team will be happy to help and can be reached at this link.
Ryan_IK
Senpai

Re: Custom Shop and UAC

Postby matthew.gayton » Tue Apr 24, 2018 9:53 pm

Greetings Ryan,

Thank you for responding to my post! I have contacted Technical Support and as far as I know they are still working on the problem as my ticket is still open.

I can't really run Reaper in Admin because all my other instruments and effects are not registered in my Admin account and re-registering them would use up limited activations, but I will look up to see if temporarily shutting down UAC will allow Custom Shop to activate my purchased stop-boxes and amps under the User account instead of the Admin account.

Thanks again,

Cheers!

-Matthew
matthew.gayton

Return to AmpliTube Guitar Amp & FX modeling