Amplitibe 4 crashes cubase [Resolved]

AmpliTube TONEX, AmpliTube 5, AmpliTube Custom Shop, AmpliTube Joe Satriani, AmpliTube Brian May, MESA/Boogie®,Orange™, Fender™, Hendrix™, Metal, AmpliTube SVX, and more for Mac/PC

Amplitibe 4 crashes cubase [Resolved]

Postby NeddyMorai » Wed Apr 18, 2018 9:01 pm

It seems the Amplitube 4 VST file was updated recently. Ever since I have been unable to change amps using the preset browser.It just crashes Cubase. Tells me to save the file and restart , but to no effect. Was fine until last week. Any ideas?

------------------
Mod Edit, from NeddyMorai's last post:
"Yes the cloud was the problem. The preset folder is not supposed to be on the onedrive. So I put the files in a folder that was on my pc and changed the preset path so it looked in that folder."
NeddyMorai

Re: Amplitibe 4 crashes cubase

Postby Ryan_IK » Wed Apr 18, 2018 9:19 pm

Hey Neddy,

Sorry to hear of your troubles here.

As this does sound like unusual behavior from AmpliTube 4. I would suggest contacting our Technical Support team at the link below. They should be more than happy to look into this for you.

http://www.ikmultimedia.com/contact-support/
IK Multimedia. Musicians First.
YouTube - Facebook - Twitter
Need help? Our support team will be happy to help and can be reached at this link.
Ryan_IK
Senpai

Postby NeddyMorai » Wed Apr 18, 2018 9:28 pm

Yes I did that already, just wondering if anyone else noticed any issues.Thanks for replying.
NeddyMorai

Postby divarre » Wed Apr 18, 2018 10:26 pm

Hey NeddyMorai, Ryan,

I've just installed 4.5 and it crashes Logic Pro X here (macOS). I didn't have that issue with 4.3.

I disabled the plug-in and forced Logic to enable AmpliTube 4 in the plug-in manager and it works now, though Logic still says it's incompatible for some reason. I'm not familiar with Cubase, not sure it's the same issue.

I opened ticket #827714.
divarre

Postby Ryan_IK » Wed Apr 18, 2018 10:52 pm

Hello Divarre,

Thanks for chiming in here.

While this behavior does sound like something else could be going on here. I would be sure to follow up with your Technical Support representative. They should be able to get to the bottom of this. I'll be sure to bump your ticket.
Need help? Our support team will be happy to help and can be reached at this link.
Ryan_IK
Senpai

Postby divarre » Thu Apr 19, 2018 8:18 pm

Hello Ryan,

Thanks!

Following the instructions sent by Sebastian, I eventually found out my AU plug-in was not installed in the right location, and deleting the component file manually and reinstalling AmpliTube fixed it.

I had moved it to my User Library instead of the main Library (it was in ~/Library/Audio/Plug-Ins/Components instead of /Library/Audio/Plug-Ins/Components because of a prior glitch I had with Logic Pro X.)

All good here.
divarre

Postby NeddyMorai » Fri Apr 20, 2018 5:47 pm

Still having issues. I didn't hear back yet. It seems to be the preset browser causing the problem. Its doing the same when I load up the stand alone, so it isn't Cubase.
NeddyMorai

Postby Ryan_IK » Fri Apr 20, 2018 6:44 pm

NeddyMorai wrote:Still having issues. I didn't hear back yet. It seems to be the preset browser causing the problem. Its doing the same when I load up the stand alone, so it isn't Cubase.

I was able to bump your support request. Keep an eye out for our support team's next reply.
Ryan_IK
Senpai

Postby gregachord » Tue Apr 24, 2018 6:50 pm

I tried to use the plug-in with Reaper last night and I'm having exactly the same problem. Closes the program when I click on the pre-sets window. Does the same thing in the stand-alone.
gregachord

Postby Ryan_IK » Tue Apr 24, 2018 7:03 pm

Hey Greg,

Please contact our support team when you can. As this is unusual behavior. They will be able to assist here.

http://www.ikmultimedia.com/contact-support/
Ryan_IK
Senpai

Postby NeddyMorai » Tue Apr 24, 2018 9:27 pm

Well I'm happy to report that with help of the support team the problem has been sorted. Many thanks. It was an issue with file location.
NeddyMorai

Postby miket999 » Sun Apr 29, 2018 4:41 pm

NeddyMorai wrote:Well I'm happy to report that with help of the support team the problem has been sorted. Many thanks. It was an issue with file location.

Neddy Morai, how did you solve this? I have the exact same issue. (I have a support ticket as well, put in yesterday.)

Thanks, Mike T.
miket999

Postby NeddyMorai » Sun Apr 29, 2018 6:30 pm

Hello Mike. I'm sure how it happened, but all my presets, including the database file, had been moved to a different location so the preset path wasn't finding them. They had me check the preset path with regedit.
NeddyMorai

Postby livesforrap » Sun Apr 29, 2018 8:47 pm

Could you be more specific?

Also, I think I'm going to try and find the older installer for now.
Windows 11, i5 11600k, 32 gigs of ram, Audient id4 @ 32 buffer. 44.1k sample rate.
livesforrap

Postby livesforrap » Sun Apr 29, 2018 8:54 pm

doh, I see, past releases. Kewl.
Windows 11, i5 11600k, 32 gigs of ram, Audient id4 @ 32 buffer. 44.1k sample rate.
livesforrap

Next

Return to AmpliTube Guitar Amp & FX modeling