iRig Stomp I/O => some super quick questions .....

AmpliTube TONEX, AmpliTube 5, AmpliTube Custom Shop, AmpliTube Joe Satriani, AmpliTube Brian May, MESA/Boogie®,Orange™, Fender™, Hendrix™, Metal, AmpliTube SVX, and more for Mac/PC

iRig Stomp I/O => some super quick questions .....

Postby benifin » Sun Apr 15, 2018 7:41 pm

Hey all.

First post.

Re: the iRig Stomp I/O, I have some super quick questions.

I have the option of using either an iPad or a Surface ..... either way....

a => can I load a custom IR [ in 48k/24bit .WAV format ] and use it for all the patchs / presets ?

b => some of the official IK videos seem to show that there is quite a noticeable "lag" when changing presets via the FSW's .... is this true (?) -or- is changing presets / patchs via the FSW's instantaneous / lag free ?

c => is any patch FSW lag better / worse if I use an iPad or Surface ?

d => I am used to hardware modellers [ Kemper / Axe / Helix ] which operate on a very low hardware latency - how does the latency of the iRig Stomp I/O compare to a hardware modeller like a Kemper / Axe / Helix ?

Thanks,
Ben
benifin

Re: iRig Stomp I/O => some super quick questions .....

Postby Peter_IK » Sun Apr 15, 2018 8:34 pm

A) You cannot with the iOS versions, but if you'd like to use IRs with the desktop version you would need to use the plugin in a DAW, disable the cabs, and then add your IRs after AmpliTube.

B) There should be next to no lag, the preset switching is fast on both iOS and Mac/PC.

C) The built-in audio interface is a very high-quality interface that should have very low latency (similar to great standalone audio interfaces).
IK Multimedia. Musicians First.
YouTube - Facebook - Twitter
Need help? Our support team will be happy to help and can be reached at this link.
From the rules: Moderator decisions are not a matter for forum discussion and are final.
Peter_IK
Kingpin

Postby benifin » Mon Apr 16, 2018 4:42 pm

" ..... You cannot with the iOS versions, but if you'd like to use IRs with the desktop version you would need to use the plugin in a DAW, disable the cabs, and then add your IRs after AmpliTube. ...... "

So if I want to use the iRig Stomp I/O live with my Atomic CLR FRFR, then I **cant** use IR's with it (?)

Is this ^^ correct ??

Ben
benifin

Postby Peter_IK » Mon Apr 16, 2018 5:00 pm

benifin wrote:" ..... You cannot with the iOS versions, but if you'd like to use IRs with the desktop version you would need to use the plugin in a DAW, disable the cabs, and then add your IRs after AmpliTube. ...... "

So if I want to use the iRig Stomp I/O live with my Atomic CLR FRFR, then I **cant** use IR's with it (?)

Is this ^^ correct ??

Ben

You can bypass the cab section on iOS too. Sorry if this was unclear, I do not know of any IR loaders that are apps so that is what I was talking about. You can use something external, though.
Need help? Our support team will be happy to help and can be reached at this link.
From the rules: Moderator decisions are not a matter for forum discussion and are final.
Peter_IK
Kingpin

Postby benifin » Mon Apr 16, 2018 5:13 pm

..... so theres no way or option to load an IR into Amplitube itself then ??

Ben
benifin

Postby Peter_IK » Mon Apr 16, 2018 5:28 pm

benifin wrote:..... so theres no way or option to load an IR into Amplitube itself then ??

Ben

No. AmpliTube is built as an end-to-end full rig, with each part working tightly with the others so you are able to turn off a certain section but you are not able to insert IRs or other types of effects/etc in the AmpliTube chain itself.

AmpliTube 4 really stepped up the cabinet section interaction with the other sections (especially the amp section, of course) which is more reason there is no IR loader built in (but also because our cabinets are not just IR, they are a hybrid of modeled cabinets and IR).
Peter_IK
Kingpin

Return to AmpliTube Guitar Amp & FX modeling