Amplitube 4 Sounds Terrible

AmpliTube TONEX, AmpliTube 5, AmpliTube Custom Shop, AmpliTube Joe Satriani, AmpliTube Brian May, MESA/Boogie®,Orange™, Fender™, Hendrix™, Metal, AmpliTube SVX, and more for Mac/PC

Amplitube 4 Sounds Terrible

Postby FiddlerOnTheRoofies » Tue Apr 10, 2018 9:05 pm

Amplitube 4 has some serious latency going on when I use anything but the bass preamp setting. That setting has nearly zero latency and sounds good, but the moment I switch to a guitar setting it sounds F***ed. I even tried to add a distortion stomp box to the bass setting to use in lieu of a guitar amp setting, but the moment gain is added it sounds like a blown amp might. I can't select my presonus studio 26 interface with the midi audio set up either, or it crashes the program every time. Nor can I select asio or it crashes the program every time. Also annoying, the installation of the program went nothing like it's supposed to. I do the first step and the installation guide puts the software in a zipped folder and gives no further instructions so I have to go hunt it down and unzip and expand a few more of them myself to complete the installation. I've loaded Studio One 3 Professional, FL Studio 12, EazyDrummer 2 and my presonus interface successfully and smoothly on my windows 10 system with zero problems. Only amplitube 4 is having issues. It's not the CPU usage either. I have 16GB of RAM and it isn't even close to maxing it out on the CPU meter. Not happy with my purchase so far.
FiddlerOnTheRoofies

Re: Amplitube 4 Sounds Terrible

Postby Peter_IK » Tue Apr 10, 2018 9:57 pm

Sounds like something is going on with the settings for audio interface. Please open a ticket with the IK Support team so they can diagnose and troubleshoot with you directly. They are available at http://www.ikmultimedia.com/contact-support/mi/ Thanks!
IK Multimedia. Musicians First.
YouTube - Facebook - Twitter
Need help? Our support team will be happy to help and can be reached at this link.
From the rules: Moderator decisions are not a matter for forum discussion and are final.
Peter_IK
Kingpin

Re: Amplitube 4 Sounds Terrible

Postby FiddlerOnTheRoofies » Tue Apr 10, 2018 10:24 pm

Peter. Will do. Thanks.
FiddlerOnTheRoofies

Return to AmpliTube Guitar Amp & FX modeling