Restoring Gear? [Resolved]

AmpliTube TONEX, AmpliTube 5, AmpliTube Custom Shop, AmpliTube Joe Satriani, AmpliTube Brian May, MESA/Boogie®,Orange™, Fender™, Hendrix™, Metal, AmpliTube SVX, and more for Mac/PC

Restoring Gear? [Resolved]

Postby Emoore0985 » Tue Apr 03, 2018 2:30 am

Hello All!
I am brand new to Amplitube, I just purchased the Amplitube Metal pack. I was directed to log into IK and download Custom Shop. That's done, now it's telling me to click on restore gear. I've done that but it's still only showing the free gear that Custom Shop comes with.

I'm really hoping that maybe I just missed a step and that I didn't just waste 99.00! Does it sound like I've missed a step? Thank you in advance!!!!
Emoore0985

Re: Restoring Gear?

Postby DarkStar » Tue Apr 03, 2018 1:23 pm

Hello Emoore0985 and welcome to the forum.

There is (I think) a Serial Number associated with AmpliTube Metal. have a look in your User Area / My Products section. If so, download and install the latest Authorisation Manager (if needed) and Register the AmpliTube Metal serial number in it.

Then open Custom Shop and try the "Restore My Gear" again.
----------------
DarkStar ... interesting, if true.
Inspired by ...
DarkStar
Hero Of The Week (Moderator)

Postby Emoore0985 » Tue Apr 03, 2018 2:52 pm

Thank you so much for replying! I will try that just as soon as I’m home from work today.
I have one follow up question. Once I have my gear restored, then what? I was trying to use some of the free models last night and couldn’t figure out what to do next as far as actually playing with them.
Do I have to also have a full version of amplitube installed or be using it in a DAW like Reaper or something?

Sorry if this seems like a dumb question but I have literally zero experience with any of this and have only ever used amps to play through. None of the information that I’ve been able to find from IK thus far has been helpful.
Emoore0985

Postby DarkStar » Tue Apr 03, 2018 4:12 pm

Nope you do not need to have the "Full" version of AmpliTube (AT4) installed. "AmpliTube Metal" consists of the AmpliTube and Custom Shop software and the various Metal gear models.

Yes you can use AT4 as a standalone program - essentially a virtual set-up of stomp boxes, amps, cabs, speakers and FX. It also comes with a built-in recorder and loop player. Start up AT4, configure its audio input (your guitar) and output (your audio interface), select the gear you want and off you go. Check out the AT4 User Manual - it is installed at the same time as the AT4 software. or you can download it from your User Area / My Products section.

Have a look at "How it works" here:
http://www.ikmultimedia.com/products/metal/

Or you can load the AT4 plug-in into a DAW such as Reaper and get the extra benefit of all the DAW's features.
----------------
Inspired by ...
DarkStar

Postby Emoore0985 » Tue Apr 03, 2018 4:40 pm

Thank You so much for taking the time to explain that to me! I should definitely be able to figure it out from here!
Emoore0985

Postby Emoore0985 » Wed Apr 04, 2018 3:41 am

Got it up and running! Thanks so much!

I actually ran into a small issue, not sure if it’s hardware or software related but about 2 hours into jamming, my audio cut out completely. My interface is showing that there’s signal coming in from the guitar so I turned on the direct monitoring and I could hear the dry guitar sound in my cans. So either nothing is going to the cpu or coming from.

Have you dealt with anything like that?
Emoore0985

Re: Restoring Gear? [Resolved]

Postby DarkStar » Wed Apr 04, 2018 1:17 pm

Good oh! :)

As for the cut out - what audio interface are you using? Can you look at its meters (perhaps in a Control Panel program) to see what is happening.

Are you using AT4 standalone or in a DAW/ You should be able to look at AT4's (and the DAW's) meters to see is the audio is still being received.

----------------
Inspired by ...
DarkStar

Re: Restoring Gear? [Resolved]

Postby Emoore0985 » Wed Apr 04, 2018 2:56 pm

I’m using it in Reaper. It was showing that an input signal was coming in. I tested my cans on another device just to confirm that there were fine and everything checked out there.
As for the interface, I’m using the Focusrite 2i2 2nd gen.
It was late so there’s probably something that I inadvertently muted that I just wasn’t seeing so I just put it down for the night at that point. Will give it another shot later to see if anything changes.
Thanks again!
Emoore0985

Return to AmpliTube Guitar Amp & FX modeling