Latency and quality of sound

AmpliTube TONEX, AmpliTube 5, AmpliTube Custom Shop, AmpliTube Joe Satriani, AmpliTube Brian May, MESA/Boogie®,Orange™, Fender™, Hendrix™, Metal, AmpliTube SVX, and more for Mac/PC

Latency and quality of sound

Postby JacoPastoriusJamerson » Mon Apr 02, 2018 4:19 pm

Hello!

I just purchased AmpliTube4.

I use a MacBook Pro (2009 version) OS X Yosemite Version 10.10
Processos 2,26 GHz
Memory 8 GO 1067 MHz DDR3

The preamp I use is AudioBox USB from Presonus. I use a Fender Jazz Bass.

I installed Amplitube. I can here the sound but there is some Latency. How can it be fixed?

Plus the sound is not clean I hear king of a whisper even if I'm not playing. Is this linked with the quality of my bass, of my computer?

Thank you very much.
JacoPastoriusJamerson

Re: Latency and quality of sound

Postby garfy » Mon Apr 02, 2018 4:37 pm

Hello JacoPastoriusJamerson

To try and reduce any latency you can do a few things. Firstly, you must make sure that up-to-date drivers for your interface have been installed.

Then, once AmpliTube is open, go to Audio MIDI Setup in the Settings menu and do the following:

1) In the Input and Output device check you have your AudioBox USB selected.
2) You can then reduce your buffer size to reduce the amount of latency you are hearing. How low you can get it without hearing breakup of signal will depend on how quickly your processor can work.

JacoPastoriusJamerson wrote:Plus the sound is not clean I hear king of a whisper even if I'm not playing. Is this linked with the quality of my bass, of my computer?

This could be a number of things, such as the quality of your jack cable, interference being transmitted via your bass's pickups etc, but also it could depend on the signal chain in AmpliTube. If the stomp/amp/cab combination you have chosen has a high gain element this will introduce some noise, just as real amps and cabs do.

Hope that helps.
System Specs: 2012 Mac Mini 2.6 i7 & 2015 MBP 2.2 i7, 16GB RAM
macOS10.15.7 Logic 10.6.1 Reason 11
Various IK, NI, Waves, Softube, Eventide, XLN software
Focusrite 18i20 x 2, Novation ReMote 25SL
garfy

Re: Latency and quality of sound

Postby JacoPastoriusJamerson » Mon Apr 02, 2018 4:58 pm

I closed Amplitube and opened it again and I hear no latency whatsoever... The program made the adjustments by itself it seems. Sound great now!

Thank you so much for the answer!

Cheers!
JacoPastoriusJamerson

Return to AmpliTube Guitar Amp & FX modeling