After update of A4.4 lost all custom presets

AmpliTube TONEX, AmpliTube 5, AmpliTube Custom Shop, AmpliTube Joe Satriani, AmpliTube Brian May, MESA/Boogie®,Orange™, Fender™, Hendrix™, Metal, AmpliTube SVX, and more for Mac/PC

After update of A4.4 lost all custom presets

Postby tommartini604 » Thu Mar 29, 2018 2:02 pm

Ok, I'm a little upset. I downloaded the upgrade to Amplitube 4.4 and updated my Mesa boogie packs too.

After doing so when I try to import any of the custom presets I made this past year they are all gone!!!! So I give up how do you save a custom preset so this never happens again? I saved to whatever the default space is all this time and that obviously isn't a good idea. I want to save the amp presets that I create, not a project. Isn't there a way to make a folder hierarchy like any other program (ie: Mesa, Marshall etc) that I can call up when I want to use it? Now when I go to Preset Browser it lists every preset the program has except mine!!!! I am in the middle of tracking new material and had some incredible presets that I spent months creating but I've looked everywhere and they are completely gone from what I can see. I looks like I have to start over.....grrrrrr!!!!!

Can I save my presets to an external drive like I do with my samples so when I open Amp 4 it shows up on my list in Amp 4 Preset Browser? again GRRRRRR!
tommartini604

Re: After update of A4.4 lost all custom presets

Postby tommartini604 » Thu Mar 29, 2018 2:05 pm

Oh and when I use it is mainly in Protools as a plug in and amp modeler.

In stand alone it only lets me save a project and never just the amps I tweek. Why?

I haven't come across anything that fully explains the folder structure to save things from FX to amps to routing designations.
tommartini604

Postby Peter_IK » Thu Mar 29, 2018 2:49 pm

The update should not touch your presets, that is not the normal behavior. For that an the other issue, I would recommend working directly with IK Support at http://www.ikmultimedia.com/contact-support/mi/ by opening a ticket if you have not already done so.
IK Multimedia. Musicians First.
YouTube - Facebook - Twitter
Need help? Our support team will be happy to help and can be reached at this link.
From the rules: Moderator decisions are not a matter for forum discussion and are final.
Peter_IK
Kingpin

Postby tommartini604 » Thu Mar 29, 2018 3:25 pm

I lost about 30 presets that I specifically named a certain way to make it easier to find. They are all gone from anywhere on my hard drives. All I see on my browser list now is the presets that came stock with the software. Yeah I gotta contact them because there has to be a way to save them so they never get deleted by updating software.

Thanks
tommartini604

Postby tommartini604 » Thu Mar 29, 2018 8:38 pm

So I figured out how to create the folders and store my new presets. I'm going to do a dual copy of the folder and store it on multiple hard drives so I can hopefully always call it up if need be.
tommartini604

Postby Peter_IK » Thu Mar 29, 2018 11:32 pm

The update should not delete your presets. I'm sure IK Support can figure out what happened.
Need help? Our support team will be happy to help and can be reached at this link.
From the rules: Moderator decisions are not a matter for forum discussion and are final.
Peter_IK
Kingpin

Postby tommartini604 » Fri Mar 30, 2018 2:18 pm

This is what I submitted in my support ticket:

**After updating my Amplitube 4 to 4.4 I have lost all of my custom presets. Can you point me to a link or respond with a way to save presets that I create that are stored outside of my OS hard drive so I can't lose them again? I have multiple hard drives and want to store everything on them. FYI all I can see now are the presets that came stock with the software. How and where do you create a custom folder that can have sub folders like Tom's Amps> Mesa boogie > Marshall etc.?*****

After contacting support this is the only response I got which did address my concern but you would think they would have offered a WHY it may have happened. Was it me and the way I saved them? I think it saves the custom presets to a stock location which will always be overwritten upon updates but here is the response I got not quite the response I asked for but it is a start, I guess.:

[mod redacted, please review rules about posting correspondence]

I still do not know WHY it happened. I made the new folder now and set it to save a copy to an external hard drive so I hopefully will not lose my custom presets.
tommartini604

Postby Peter_IK » Fri Mar 30, 2018 3:01 pm

If you would like more information, please reply to the ticket and the support rep will continue to answer your questions. Thank you.
Peter_IK
Kingpin

Return to AmpliTube Guitar Amp & FX modeling