Hi cpu usage when using Amplitube 3 as AAX

AmpliTube TONEX, AmpliTube 5, AmpliTube Custom Shop, AmpliTube Joe Satriani, AmpliTube Brian May, MESA/Boogie®,Orange™, Fender™, Hendrix™, Metal, AmpliTube SVX, and more for Mac/PC

Hi cpu usage when using Amplitube 3 as AAX

Postby cormonauta » Thu Mar 22, 2018 3:45 pm

Hi

I've been experiencing hi cpu usages when i open Amplitube3 in my DAW as an AAX plugin.
I'm using Pro Tools 12.6.1 and Amplitube 3.14 and the CPU usage stays between 50%-70% with 100% spikes that make Pro Tools crash with CPU Errors.

I've been trying with Amplitube 4 last version as well and the situation gets worse.
Tried with just one mono track with one instance of Amplitube.
I set 128 hw buffer size, my laptop is a Macbook pro retina 15" with i7 quadcore 16gb ram, 256ssd. If i use 64 hwbuffer size i get constant CPU errors.
I'm using an external usb-2 Tascam sound interface
I think this behavior is not normal, is it?

Thank you

Massimiliano
cormonauta

Re: Hi cpu usage when using Amplitube 3 as AAX

Postby Peter_IK » Thu Mar 22, 2018 3:53 pm

That is not normal. I would suggest also opening an official support ticket with IK Support at the link in my signature if you have not already done so as they would be able to provide direct troubleshooting and assistance. Thanks!
IK Multimedia. Musicians First.
YouTube - Facebook - Twitter
Need help? Our support team will be happy to help and can be reached at this link.
From the rules: Moderator decisions are not a matter for forum discussion and are final.
Peter_IK
Kingpin

Return to AmpliTube Guitar Amp & FX modeling