Possible to change directory for Amplitube?

AmpliTube TONEX, AmpliTube 5, AmpliTube Custom Shop, AmpliTube Joe Satriani, AmpliTube Brian May, MESA/Boogie®,Orange™, Fender™, Hendrix™, Metal, AmpliTube SVX, and more for Mac/PC

Possible to change directory for Amplitube?

Postby Robingardner » Tue Mar 20, 2018 7:17 pm

Hi! I'm just wondering if it's wise to change the install directory on the computer for Amplitube 4 Max? Or maybe there's no reason to change it? Iäm just thinking that I have a lot of Music software that takes up a lot of space on my C:/ drive and it tends to run out of storage. So I bought an external harddrive that runs through USB and have lots of storage (some TerraBytes of storage). For example, I changed install directory for all of my Superior Drummer 2 expansions to this USB harddrive and it works perfectly, a Little slower on the loading process but nothing more than that... So could I do the same for AmpliTube Max, etc you Products (IK multimedia) or it's not necessery or something?

//Best regards, from Robin Gardner
Robingardner

Re: Possible to change directory for Amplitube?

Postby garfy » Tue Mar 20, 2018 7:38 pm

Hi Robin

There's no reason to change the default path for AmpliTube as it is software based on modelling rather than samples and therefore has a fairly small footprint.

You may want to look at moving the content for applications such as SampleTank, Syntronik etc if you have them, as they have a lot of additional content, just as you have done already with SD2.

Hope that helps.
System Specs: 2012 Mac Mini 2.6 i7 & 2015 MBP 2.2 i7, 16GB RAM
macOS10.15.7 Logic 10.6.1 Reason 11
Various IK, NI, Waves, Softube, Eventide, XLN software
Focusrite 18i20 x 2, Novation ReMote 25SL
garfy

Postby svendage1965 » Sun Feb 06, 2022 8:23 pm

I have a good reason for change the path...

I use Amplitube on sevral computers, and miss the ability to change the preset-path to a Dropbox, where Amplitube on all my computers points for the presets.

That way, I would be free from copy the presets from my studio computer to my live computer, but just save ong one, and Dropbox would sync it to all of them.

Pleas make it possible :)
svendage1965

Postby datkings » Sun Feb 13, 2022 1:51 am

svendage1965 wrote:I have a good reason for change the path...

I use Amplitube on sevral computers, and miss the ability to change the preset-path to a Dropbox, where Amplitube on all my computers points for the presets.

That way, I would be free from copy the presets from my studio computer to my live computer, but just save ong one, and Dropbox would sync it to all of them.

Pleas make it possible :)

I'm not sure what OS you are on but Windows has a built in feature for redirecting folders...it is called creating a symbolic link. At the folder level you essentially create a symbolic link from your C:\Users\...\Documents\IK Multimedia to redirect to your C:\Users\...\OneDrive\Documents\IK Multimedia folder (sorry I used OneDrive for my example as I don't know exactly how DropBox works). Any software that tries to access the C:\Users\...\Documents\IK Multimedia folder is automatically redirected to the other folder...

I personally use it to redirect my Waves plugins to look to another drive for my impulse responses. This is the command I run at the command prompt to do that:

mklink /D "C:\Program Files (x86)\Waves\Data\IR1Impulses" "E:\Sessions\Loops and Samples\Waves\Data\IR1Impulses"

The waves plugin has no idea that it's looking on my E:\ drive...
datkings

Return to AmpliTube Guitar Amp & FX modeling