AmpliTube 4 and win 10 sound

AmpliTube TONEX, AmpliTube 5, AmpliTube Custom Shop, AmpliTube Joe Satriani, AmpliTube Brian May, MESA/Boogie®,Orange™, Fender™, Hendrix™, Metal, AmpliTube SVX, and more for Mac/PC

AmpliTube 4 and win 10 sound

Postby captship » Tue Mar 20, 2018 3:11 pm

Upgraded to iRig HD 2 and AmpliTube 4 and now can not get windows sound output at same time.

I use a program called VideoSurgeon to be able to slow down videos to learn songs/practice which worked perfect with StealthPlug and Amplitiude - i.e. VideoSurgen sound via windows speakers and at same time my guitar via the headphone plug to a powered speaker. That setup used the Stealthplug ASIO driver.

Upgraded to AmpliTube 4 and iRig HD2 using ASIO4ALL and now can only output the guitar via the headphone jack to powered speaker and no sound out from VideoSurgeon. Checked sound settings in Windows settings and find until I shut down AmpliTube I can not access the windows speakers. it appears AmpliTube using ASIO4ALL is controlling all sound.

I have tried setting AmpliTube MIDI settings with out any luck. I can revert back to the Stealthplug but prefer to use the iRig HD2.

Am I missing some obscure setting or am I out of luck???
captship

Re: AmpliTube 4 and win 10 sound

Postby captship » Tue Mar 20, 2018 7:30 pm

never mind . . . .

finally figured out all one has to do is make sure in the ASIO4ALL control panel the sound card is not turned on - make sure no light blue arrows show to the left of the device and in my case only iRig HD 2 is turned on. Now can hear sound from VideoSurgeon while playing my guitar! yeah ........................

probably in some instruction manual somewhere!
captship

Return to AmpliTube Guitar Amp & FX modeling