endless loop trying to access my purchased products.

AmpliTube TONEX, AmpliTube 5, AmpliTube Custom Shop, AmpliTube Joe Satriani, AmpliTube Brian May, MESA/Boogie®,Orange™, Fender™, Hendrix™, Metal, AmpliTube SVX, and more for Mac/PC

endless loop trying to access my purchased products.

Postby americanwoodworks » Mon Mar 19, 2018 5:31 pm

I just recently purchased the bass amp\amplitube deal.
Purchased it through the website downloaded it just fine.
Ongoing problem.... I had an old account from years ago with IK. The email I had no longer exists so I had to create a new account to order a product. Apparently IK saw my same address so When I went to the authorization center, it blocked me saying someone else already registered the product. Yes.me through the website when it was purchased with my current user name.
Tech support looked up my old user name and instructed me to sign into their website with it. Then I was told I could change my user name to my current one...
When I try all I get is that my new name already belongs to another user....yes, Me!
When I go to the authorization manager, I have to sign in with my current user name or it rejects me.. when I try to authorize my product all I get is this product is already authorized to someone else...yes. Me! Through the old user name I cannot change to the new one.
Round and round I go.
I cannot resolve this conflict of user names and once again cannot access the products I purchased.
I have tried 3 times to resolve this with tech support but to no avail. I don't know why tech support won't resolve this convoluted issue.
Yes, I have a ticket in. Put it in Saturday. Perhaps tech is not staffed on week-ends I don't know. I am hoping today....
Anyone else having this problem?
I like IK products but honestly the continual denial of access to products I purchase is making me second guess further purchases. Sorry for the rant. Just a little frustrating.
americanwoodworks

Re: endless loop trying to access my purchased products.

Postby Peter_IK » Mon Mar 19, 2018 6:13 pm

Hi, the root of this issue is that you have multiple accounts. IK Support will be able to assist you and resolve this issue as they have access to your account information. They will respond to your ticket from the weekend soon as they reply to tickets in the order in which they are received during business hours Monday through Friday. Thank you.
IK Multimedia. Musicians First.
YouTube - Facebook - Twitter
Need help? Our support team will be happy to help and can be reached at this link.
From the rules: Moderator decisions are not a matter for forum discussion and are final.
Peter_IK
Kingpin

Postby americanwoodworks » Mon Mar 19, 2018 6:21 pm

thanks Peter,
I know I have multiple accounts and that is the problem but I have not been able to get the issue fixed.....hopefully soon.

Thanks for the timely reply I look forward to getting this issue resolved.
americanwoodworks

Postby americanwoodworks » Wed Mar 21, 2018 6:11 pm

Hi Peter,
I'm trying to be patient but 5 days later I still have no access to the Amplitube4\bass bundle I purchased on Saturday morning.
I am sorry tech support is apparently so overwhelmed with tech requests " in order " from last week they still have not been able to service Saturdays requests.
However, approaching a week later is not working for me as I am busy with projects as well and bought this with purpose in mind.
I realize I have dual accounts but this happened as a result following tech supports instructions in order to secure another product I purchased from IK. Perhaps the conflict could have been resolved at that time but it wasn't.
I'm not sure why your authorization center lacks the ability to update itself with the current user info but apparently it is an issue. At least in my case.
What I do know is this, If I can't get this resolved quickly, I want a refund as there are other companies I deal with that provide similar products that I have not had these ongoing issues with.
I know IK has a policy of not refunding internet transactions but in this case where I have had zero access to my purchase and IK has had 100% of the money I gave in good faith, it would not be unreasonable to request a refund so I can move on.
I am not upset, I simply want to complete this business transaction one way or another.
Are you able to give an assist as I know of no other place to make this request.
Thanks Peter
americanwoodworks

Postby Peter_IK » Wed Mar 21, 2018 6:34 pm

Your ticket was replied to on the 19th. You have three accounts, there is no way our Custom Shop and/or Authorization Manager would be able to parse multiple accounts and it is not a use case that any software of that type would normally be equipped to handle by default.

On the 19th you were asked to choose which of the three accounts you wanted to use as your IK Account. Please answer that question and they will be able to resolve your issue.
Need help? Our support team will be happy to help and can be reached at this link.
From the rules: Moderator decisions are not a matter for forum discussion and are final.
Peter_IK
Kingpin

Postby americanwoodworks » Wed Mar 21, 2018 6:44 pm

Hi Peter,
To my knowledge I have two accounts.....never heard of a third. I received two e-mails on the 19th from IK.

[redacted, please read the rules pertaining to reposting correspondence]

Question....Where are the choices I am to choose from?
americanwoodworks

Postby Peter_IK » Wed Mar 21, 2018 6:49 pm

Those are not the emails, those are forum and order notifications.

Support replied to your ticket on the 19th, please check your junk/spam folders for the reply or follow the link you received in the initial autoresponse notification that you had a ticket opened and you can see all replies there.
Peter_IK
Kingpin

Postby americanwoodworks » Wed Mar 21, 2018 7:20 pm

Why was my post redacted?

There is nothing in my post that was offensive . I was just replying to your post Peter informing me of an email from IK on the 19th containing " 3 choices" as to which account I wanted to use.
No such e-mail came to me or I would have certainly acted on it.
Just So there was absolutely no questions in regard to our communication I posted the e-mail for you to see.
I do not understand why this is getting so convoluted.
My correspondance has been truthful, patient and polite. The issue still remains however, in spite of the fact we are having regular correspondence on the nit-picky details on how I ended up here I have been offered no solution to date.
If it is my fault because I never checked which account I wanted to use from an e-mail I never received, so be it.
I just want to get this business transaction resolved. Is that going to be possible?
americanwoodworks

Postby Peter_IK » Wed Mar 21, 2018 7:34 pm

It is not a matter of offensive, it is a matter of the rule I referenced about reposting correspondence. Our Support Manager has reached out to you, please reply to this email if you are not getting support emails from your ticket. Thank you.
Peter_IK
Kingpin

Postby americanwoodworks » Wed Mar 21, 2018 8:04 pm

Peter,
You keep claiming support has reached out to me...I am telling you I have received no such e-mail.
The only e-mails I have received are the ones like I posted that got redacted referring me back here to see your reply.
I have checked Junk\ Spam several times finding nothing resembling what you describe.
My e-mail details day by day what I receive. I received two e-mails from IK on the 19th. Both I posted (unaware of your rule) to show you no such instruction was given and was redacted.

Perhaps it would it be possible to have the tech managers simply re-sent the e-mail to me.
Sounds like that could possibly get things cleared up quickly instead of all of this back and forth who got what when
americanwoodworks

Postby Peter_IK » Wed Mar 21, 2018 10:08 pm

IK's Support Manager emailed you directly. Please PM the email address you'd like him to re-reach out to you at.
Peter_IK
Kingpin

Postby americanwoodworks » Wed Mar 21, 2018 11:05 pm

Peter,
I don't know what I can do to convince your support manager has not e-mailed me with any such options.
The only e-mails I have received from IK is a order confirmation Sat. 3/17, receipt for my order payment Sat.3/17, thank you for ordering 3/19, Forum watch "do not reply", and today wed. 3/21 at 2:08 p.m. my time. another forum watch message "do not reply"
So the e-mail you claim was sent is nowhere to be found on my system.....and I do know how to navigate my computer.
Apparently you checked with someone about this and were told it was handled ??
So you have first hand knowledge who told you that right?
Why won't you simply ask them to re-send the info as I requested in my previous post so I can respond.
By now you know perfectly well the situation I am in and even though I have told you repeatedly I have not received the e-mail you are referring to from your tech support, instead of just requesting a resend from tech support you persist in basically calling me a liar
and letting me know you guys have done your part just waiting for me to respond.....to an e-mail that does not exist.
I purchased this product in good faith from your company Peter.
I have only been trying to get this resolved. I have not been rude, crude or anything else. Why are you giving me the run around on this issue of e-mails when it would be so easy for you guys to resolve it.
americanwoodworks

Postby Peter_IK » Wed Mar 21, 2018 11:53 pm

I'm not giving any run around, you can see above that I requested you send me the email you'd like him to reach out to you at again. I don't see any new private messages, but when I do I'll surely get him the info.
Peter_IK
Kingpin

Postby timathy2 » Thu Mar 22, 2018 2:27 am

Peter,

I interpreted your post above to mean I was to PM tech support my user name preference from the email you said they sent me which I never received.

After reading your last post it appears you wanted me to PM you so you could pass the message along?

That was not clear to me.

If that is the case I am truly sorry I suggested you were giving me the run around.
Looks like I may have been wrong about that.

Tech support did finally contact me this afternoon. They did email me as you said but somehow it never reached me.
I have responded and think the problem may be resolved. I will check in a few.
timathy2

Postby Peter_IK » Thu Mar 22, 2018 2:25 pm

Great to hear that the issue may be resolved and I can’t wait to hear about a full resolution. Thanks for the update!
Peter_IK
Kingpin

Return to AmpliTube Guitar Amp & FX modeling