feedbacker won't record?

AmpliTube TONEX, AmpliTube 5, AmpliTube Custom Shop, AmpliTube Joe Satriani, AmpliTube Brian May, MESA/Boogie®,Orange™, Fender™, Hendrix™, Metal, AmpliTube SVX, and more for Mac/PC

feedbacker won't record?

Postby tlh671223 » Fri Feb 23, 2018 3:46 am

I love using a feedbacker pedal to simulate cool effects as if one is standing next to a LOUD amp stack - very cool for stoner rock, doom-type stuff, think Kyuss, Acid King or Electric Wizard(if you've not heard them, you're in for a treat!!)...

The problem I am having is that while it's drop-dead simple to do in Amplitube 4, just add the pedal to the front of your stompbox chain(I have the Big Pig fuzz afterwards, all going into a Brit 8000 w/ Brit Green speakers), when trying to **record** the awesomeness, all the DAW sees/hears/records is the amp tone... meaning, you hear my guitar signal being affected by the fuzz, amp, etc., but the feedback that I clearly HEAR going is never picked up by the DAW. The plucked note just decays naturally, and THAT is recorded just like normal.

I have tried this with the on-board recorder in Amplitube 4 and in Reaper - the feedbacker just doesn't appear in the equation, tonally-speaking.

HELP please!! Thanks in advance.

Tony
tlh671223

Re: feedbacker won't record?

Postby tlh671223 » Sun Mar 04, 2018 2:21 am

wow, nobody?

Well... I figured out in Reaper how to record the actual feedback - I switched the recording source to the output, not the input, which is the standard default configuration... but now that I had it recorded, Reaper for some unknown reason wouldn't let me edit it, as in simply add a fade-in. **facepalm**

Sooooo... I had to export just THAT track, import it into Audacity, add the fade-in, export THAT, import said media into Reaper and all is good to go. Whew!!

The sad thing is - after all that rigamarole, I ended up not using the feedback effect section in the final mix of the song. :roll:
tlh671223

Re: feedbacker won't record?

Postby Peter_IK » Sun Mar 04, 2018 7:07 pm

If users do not have suggestions in this forum, it is suggested that people open a ticket with official IK Support so they can troubleshoot with you directly and resolve the issue.
IK Multimedia. Musicians First.
YouTube - Facebook - Twitter
Need help? Our support team will be happy to help and can be reached at this link.
From the rules: Moderator decisions are not a matter for forum discussion and are final.
Peter_IK
Kingpin

Return to AmpliTube Guitar Amp & FX modeling