Amplitube 4 plug in to mainstage

AmpliTube TONEX, AmpliTube 5, AmpliTube Custom Shop, AmpliTube Joe Satriani, AmpliTube Brian May, MESA/Boogie®,Orange™, Fender™, Hendrix™, Metal, AmpliTube SVX, and more for Mac/PC

Amplitube 4 plug in to mainstage

Postby gridding » Wed Feb 07, 2018 7:32 pm

Hi

I have started using mainstage for a number of boring reasons , however I am trying to figure out if there is a seperate download for amplitube 4 plug -in or is it mearly a link plugin .
As I can see amplitube 4 in mainstage but it gives me the normal stand alone interface rather that access to the separate elements of amplitube . I would have to create a preset with amplitube to use within mainstage.

Hope this question makes sense , not 100% on the right jargon to go with what I'm trying to achieve, I have noticed sample tank ver 2 is available , I think that may be the type of thing I'm trying to achieve but I think there will a lot of wasted elements. As I play guitar and not keyboard.

many thanks fo any assistance anyone can give

G \../
gridding

Re: Amplitube 4 plug in to mainstage

Postby Peter_IK » Wed Feb 07, 2018 8:00 pm

AmpliTube 4 is an effect plugin, not an instrument plugin. You would need to instantiate it as an effect plugin (usually as an insert) on an audio track (typically where you'd input your guitar) in order for it to work as intended.
IK Multimedia. Musicians First.
YouTube - Facebook - Twitter
Need help? Our support team will be happy to help and can be reached at this link.
From the rules: Moderator decisions are not a matter for forum discussion and are final.
Peter_IK
Kingpin

Postby gridding » Wed Feb 07, 2018 9:35 pm

Hi
Is there any tutorials for this

cheers
G \../
gridding

Postby Peter_IK » Wed Feb 07, 2018 10:13 pm

Apple has a page about working with plugins in Mainstage at https://support.apple.com/kb/PH13586?locale=en_US
IK Multimedia. Musicians First.
YouTube - Facebook - Twitter
Need help? Our support team will be happy to help and can be reached at this link.
From the rules: Moderator decisions are not a matter for forum discussion and are final.
Peter_IK
Kingpin

Postby gridding » Wed Feb 07, 2018 10:36 pm

thanks I'll check it out

cheers
G \../
gridding

Return to AmpliTube Guitar Amp & FX modeling