LATENCY PROBLEM with AmpliTube4 & iRig HD2

AmpliTube TONEX, AmpliTube 5, AmpliTube Custom Shop, AmpliTube Joe Satriani, AmpliTube Brian May, MESA/Boogie®,Orange™, Fender™, Hendrix™, Metal, AmpliTube SVX, and more for Mac/PC

LATENCY PROBLEM with AmpliTube4 & iRig HD2

Postby kenneth_samarra » Sun Jan 28, 2018 11:01 pm

I am having slight (but noticeable) latency issues when playing fast on my guitar. I have a brand new HP Spectre laptop and an iRig HD2 USB interface. I've tried it on my new Microsoft Surface Pro and same thing. Is this a problem with hardware or software? PLEASE HELP! I'm only trying to play my guitar, not record, so this really should work!

Here's my setup:
Intel i7-7500U CPU @ 2.70GHz with 16GB of RAM
Windows 10 x64
All sound cards disabled except iRig HD 2 (recording and playback at 48,000Hz)

AmpliTube4.exe running at Realtime priority (yes, I tried every other setting)
Input: Windows Audio (Exclusive Mode)
Output Buffer size: 256
Project Sample Rate: 48,000

No other programs are running and AmpliTube4.exe is by far using the most CPU and memory of any running process. (The green CPU indicator n AmpliTube is steady at about 15% and goes at most to 25% when I play my guitar)

I'm using only the default preset that comes up when AmpliTube opens, which is basically just the American Tube Clean1 Amp with no stomps, no inserts and no racks.

I'm a computer engineer, am I missing something???
kenneth_samarra

Re: LATENCY PROBLEM with AmpliTube4 & iRig HD2

Postby Peter_IK » Mon Jan 29, 2018 6:08 pm

Using iRig HD 2 on Windows would require following the advice and specific settings in the FAQ at www.ikmultimedia.com/faq/3615

You should set your buffer to as low a setting as possible to get the lowest latency but not too low that it causes pops and crackles (as with any audio interface).
IK Multimedia. Musicians First.
YouTube - Facebook - Twitter
Need help? Our support team will be happy to help and can be reached at this link.
From the rules: Moderator decisions are not a matter for forum discussion and are final.
Peter_IK
Kingpin

Postby Capt_Handbanana » Tue Jan 30, 2018 2:16 am

I think the HD2 requires you to download ASIO4ALL. At least that's what I use with mine.
Capt_Handbanana

Postby Peter_IK » Tue Jan 30, 2018 2:56 am

Capt_Handbanana wrote:I think the HD2 requires you to download ASIO4ALL. At least that's what I use with mine.

Yes, that would be detailed in the FAQ linked above too. Thank you for pointing that out.
Need help? Our support team will be happy to help and can be reached at this link.
From the rules: Moderator decisions are not a matter for forum discussion and are final.
Peter_IK
Kingpin

Postby kenneth_samarra » Tue Jan 30, 2018 3:36 am

That worked like a charm! Now I'm really shredding. 8-)

Thank You!!!!
kenneth_samarra

Postby combo.glc » Thu Jun 21, 2018 2:49 pm

I am waiting that the iRig HD2 I have just purchased will arrive in a few days.

I was reading this post and the FAQ in order to prepare for installation and I am curious about this sentence:

"This 3rd party driver allows you to select different input and output sources, which is needed since iRig HD does not offer an output."

I was aiming at using my laptop only to process the signal and use the iRig's 1/4" amplifier output to go to the mixer.

Is it still possible to route the signal that way with windows? Or I have missed something?

Thank you in advance for your advice.
Best!
combo.glc

Postby Peter_IK » Thu Jun 21, 2018 2:51 pm

This post is about iRig HD 2 which does have an output. That FAQ mentions the original iRig HD
Peter_IK
Kingpin

Postby combo.glc » Thu Jun 21, 2018 2:52 pm

Peter_IK wrote:This post is about iRig HD 2 which does have an output. That FAQ mentions the original iRig HD

Great!
Thank you very much for super fast reply!
combo.glc

Postby pangburnguitars@gmail.com » Thu Aug 16, 2018 12:02 am

kenneth_samarra wrote:That worked like a charm! Now I'm really shredding. 8-)

Thank You!!!!

What specifically worked like charm?
pangburnguitars@gmail.com

Postby Capt_Handbanana » Thu Aug 16, 2018 12:23 am

ASIO4ALL
Capt_Handbanana

Postby andradejoel » Tue Dec 11, 2018 2:06 am

I recently bought the irigHD2 for my surface pro (2017), and have downloaded the asio4all driver, but i dont know how to set the setting for it to actually work. The link provided says that the page doesn't exist anymore
andradejoel

Postby Peter_IK » Tue Dec 11, 2018 2:29 am

andradejoel wrote:I recently bought the irigHD2 for my surface pro (2017), and have downloaded the asio4all driver, but i dont know how to set the setting for it to actually work. The link provided says that the page doesn't exist anymore

That is from the previous version of the web site/FAQ. You can find the settings at https://www.ikmultimedia.com/faq/index.php?id=1076
Peter_IK
Kingpin

Postby andradejoel » Tue Dec 11, 2018 2:41 am

Wow thanks for the quick reply! My irig is now working with the different colored lights, but AmpliTube 4 seems to not pick up the sound. My computer input and output are both the irig, and I've messed with the input volume, but not even the tuner is picking up sound. The settings within AmpliTube are: asio4allv2 for input and output devices, irig hd 2.2 for input channels (also tried he 2.1), and also irighd2.2 for output channels, since I have my headphones plugged into it. I'm not sure what else I can do at this point.
andradejoel

Postby Peter_IK » Tue Dec 11, 2018 3:57 am

If the settings are exactly like the FAQ says and you're still having issues, I'd suggest opening a ticket with IK Support for some 1-on-1 assistance at http://www.ikmultimedia.com/contact-support
Peter_IK
Kingpin

Postby auggybendoggy2 » Fri Dec 14, 2018 3:25 pm

I have ASIO4all installed on my laptop and I don't have the option to set the input to Irig. it gets greyed out.

I too have issues with AMP4.
auggybendoggy2

Next

Return to AmpliTube Guitar Amp & FX modeling