All Presets Missing

AmpliTube TONEX, AmpliTube 5, AmpliTube Custom Shop, AmpliTube Joe Satriani, AmpliTube Brian May, MESA/Boogie®,Orange™, Fender™, Hendrix™, Metal, AmpliTube SVX, and more for Mac/PC

All Presets Missing

Postby axel.kopp » Sat Jan 27, 2018 12:59 am

Hi, I installed T-Racks and AmpliTube on a Windows 10 Machine. Authorizatoin was successful and the software runs flawlessly.
Only the preset folders under ..\Documents\IK Multimedia\ are completely empty.
What am I missing?
axel.kopp

Re: All Presets Missing

Postby Maanlander1 » Mon Feb 12, 2018 11:41 pm

Same problem here. There was an osx update by mac. Did you have that too?
Maanlander1

Postby axel.kopp » Tue Feb 13, 2018 2:13 am

No update OS-update on my machine. Something went wrong with my TRackS installation.
I contacted support and they sent me a zip file containing all presets. Copying the unzipped contents into my empty preset folder fixed the issue.
axel.kopp

Postby plgrmsprgrs » Tue Oct 22, 2019 9:02 pm

Where is proper folder located? Having the same issue here on Windows 10.
plgrmsprgrs

Postby Peter_IK » Tue Oct 22, 2019 9:44 pm

Note that sometimes Windows 10 pushes for Documents to be located on OneDrive which may cause issues. Support can identify if this or something else is the issue and assist.

The proper location was posted above.
IK Multimedia. Musicians First.
YouTube - Facebook - Twitter
Need help? Our support team will be happy to help and can be reached at this link.
From the rules: Moderator decisions are not a matter for forum discussion and are final.
Peter_IK
Kingpin

Postby plgrmsprgrs » Wed Oct 23, 2019 12:37 am

Thanks Peter, that’s exactly where they were. Just found them hiding on OneDrive. Got them moved so everything is fine.

On another question - where can I download the T-rackS presets designed by Tom Lord-Alge, etc. I’ve found the page where they are listed but can’t find a download link. Thanks!
plgrmsprgrs

Postby DarkStar » Wed Oct 23, 2019 10:45 am

Why would windows 10 push things off onto OneDrive? Can that be turned off permanently?

As for TLA(and other) presets: They are in my User Area / My Products section, under T-RackS 5 MAX / Download Resource button
----------------
DarkStar ... interesting, if true.
Inspired by ...
DarkStar
Hero Of The Week (Moderator)

Postby Peter_IK » Wed Oct 23, 2019 4:46 pm

DarkStar wrote:Why would windows 10 push things off onto OneDrive? Can that be turned off permanently?

As for TLA(and other) presets: They are in my User Area / My Products section, under T-RackS 5 MAX / Download Resource button

Microsoft wants people in the cloud, basically. There are pros and cons to this, of course and as always. I remember it being an option which was presented upon Windows installation or initial login/setup of a user but it may now be automatic. Hard to recall with my old man memory but I believe I was asked when I set up my newest Windows 10 computer in January.
IK Multimedia. Musicians First.
YouTube - Facebook - Twitter
Need help? Our support team will be happy to help and can be reached at this link.
From the rules: Moderator decisions are not a matter for forum discussion and are final.
Peter_IK
Kingpin

Postby DarkStar » Wed Oct 23, 2019 5:57 pm

Thank you.

But if the data is in the cloud, it's effectively their data not yours. :)

... you grant Microsoft a worldwide and royalty free intellectual property licence to use Your Content, for example, to make copies of, retain, transmit, reformat, distribute via communication tools and display Your Content on the Services

https://www.microsoft.com/en-gb/servicesagreement/

Hells, no !
----------------
DarkStar ... interesting, if true.
Inspired by ...
DarkStar
Hero Of The Week (Moderator)

Return to AmpliTube Guitar Amp & FX modeling