Way Way Too Much low End on All presets!!!!!!!

AmpliTube TONEX, AmpliTube 5, AmpliTube Custom Shop, AmpliTube Joe Satriani, AmpliTube Brian May, MESA/Boogie®,Orange™, Fender™, Hendrix™, Metal, AmpliTube SVX, and more for Mac/PC

Way Way Too Much low End on All presets!!!!!!!

Postby gerryc123 » Wed Jan 24, 2018 2:59 am

This is the second time I have reached out regarding this I HOPE someone can help out. I purchased Amplitube 4 sometime ago through sweetwater. I have never been able to use any (NOT ONE) preset out of the box without spending a ridiculous amount of time tweaking it to death. I have a stratocaster with a lead humbucker pickup, a PRS with a lead humbucker and a '69 Les Paul. No matter what guitar I use and no matter what preset I choose the guitar sounds as if the tone pot on all my guitars is set to the full bass position with no brightness or treble whatsover. In fact I have a Mesa Boogie Mark IV and its actually difficult to make it sound as BASSY as Amplitube.

(No I'm not using any of the bass presets.)

Whether I choose Slash or Hendrix, it sounds like the amp is under water. I refuse to believe this is how all these presets are supposed to sound.

I am using top of the line speakers and headphones so it is definitely not on my equipment end. There must be a setting that is on or off that would literally make the sound switch from night to day. It would have to be that drastic. So far each and every preset has the same obnoxious over the top bass tone with not a hint of treble , hi mids, or even mids....it's all bass. I am forced to roll off all the bass and crank the mids all the way up with more hi's than anyone would ever use and THEN put an eq after it in my DAW which is pro tools 12. Does anyone have any ideas.That's it. Please help.
gerryc123

Re: Way Way Too Much low End on All presets!!!!!!!

Postby lchalk » Sun Jan 28, 2018 4:39 pm

Even when I was using real amps, I never thought they sounded quite right (the way other peoples rigs sounded). My solution was a 31 band eq. When I wasn't getting what I wanted with amplitube I added a 31 band eq and in a couple minutes I was happy. I did put a slight bass cut that I normally didn't do but a massive mid cut that I always do. You can also play with the amp room and you can tweak your sound quite a bit too there.
lchalk

Postby Oscat101 » Thu Feb 08, 2018 6:53 pm

I have described it as sounding as if a wet blanket has been put over speakers. For me it is associated with an output drop as well, the amount of output drop depends on individual amp used. Some are almost silent "Slash JCM"

This started with an update from AT3.14 to AT3.15 and continued into AT4. It is so bad I am still using AT3.14, and therefore missing out on Mesa and other new amps, but it's like night and day.

You might find 3.14 somewhere in your user area, if you can, try it and see.

Support were no help, but now Jason Williams is looking into it I am a little more hopeful.
It could just be some system incompatibility because all the youtube vids etc sound fine compared to my system.
A rather long thread on such issues without a solution and with much frustration -
viewtopic.php?f=5&t=10588&hilit=Volume+problem
Amplitube 3.5,SVX, Fender, Amplitube 2, Metal, JimiHendrix,TRacksCs Grand 4.1,SampleTank 3,Kontakt Player.
Win10 64 bit with Cubase 7.5x, 64 bit TCElectronicKonnekt 24D, MAudio Axiom 49 and a Alpha track.
i7 2600 3.8 Ghz, 16 GB Ram, 512 Gb SSD.
Oscat101

Postby Oscat101 » Thu Feb 08, 2018 8:09 pm

Oscat101 wrote:You might find 3.14 somewhere in your user area, if you can, try it and see.

Unfortunately it seems you can not download previous Versions unless you owned them. You can get previous versions of AT4, but not AT3 unless you owned it. So not much help I'm afraid.
Amplitube 3.5,SVX, Fender, Amplitube 2, Metal, JimiHendrix,TRacksCs Grand 4.1,SampleTank 3,Kontakt Player.
Win10 64 bit with Cubase 7.5x, 64 bit TCElectronicKonnekt 24D, MAudio Axiom 49 and a Alpha track.
i7 2600 3.8 Ghz, 16 GB Ram, 512 Gb SSD.
Oscat101

Return to AmpliTube Guitar Amp & FX modeling