AT 4.3 windows audio not working [Resolved]

AmpliTube TONEX, AmpliTube 5, AmpliTube Custom Shop, AmpliTube Joe Satriani, AmpliTube Brian May, MESA/Boogie®,Orange™, Fender™, Hendrix™, Metal, AmpliTube SVX, and more for Mac/PC

AT 4.3 windows audio not working [Resolved]

Postby B1gDaddy » Fri Jan 05, 2018 9:48 pm

I've been running AT4 with IRIG HD 2 for some time now. When I upgraded the firmware to the latest a week or so ago and downloaded the new 4.3, I can no longer use windows audio for my midi interface. I can select exclusive mode and that works, but it gives me a "Could not initialize Audio Device" when I try to use the vanilla windows audio. This kind of sucks as that in exclusive mode (and understandably) I can no longer use my sound card for looping in other software, nor can other software attach to the irig for sampling. Is this a new problem?
B1gDaddy

Re: AT 4.3 windows audio not working

Postby DarkStar » Sat Jan 06, 2018 3:59 pm

Hello and welcome to the forum.

Assuming that nothing else is currently using the ASIO device, I would contact Support for some one to one trouble-shooting and guidance:
http://www.ikmultimedia.com/contact-support/mi/

And, to help others, let us know how it gets resolved.
----------------
DarkStar ... interesting, if true.
Inspired by ...
DarkStar
Hero Of The Week (Moderator)

Re: AT 4.3 windows audio not working

Postby B1gDaddy » Thu May 03, 2018 2:43 pm

Took me a minute to resolve this, but the actual fix was that the driver in Windows wasn't being set to the correct sampling rate in accordance with what Amplitube was being set to. Once I lined them up everything worked as it should.
B1gDaddy

Return to AmpliTube Guitar Amp & FX modeling