Unable to authorize Amplitube 3

AmpliTube TONEX, AmpliTube 5, AmpliTube Custom Shop, AmpliTube Joe Satriani, AmpliTube Brian May, MESA/Boogie®,Orange™, Fender™, Hendrix™, Metal, AmpliTube SVX, and more for Mac/PC

Unable to authorize Amplitube 3

Postby tanjunheng01 » Tue Jan 02, 2018 4:37 pm

I am having problems authorizing Amplitube 3 on my computer. Amplitube 3 does not appear in the "My Products" list and hence I do not have the code.

I read in the forums that Amplitube Custom Shop is Amplitube 3, but the app still says that it is unauthorized after authorizing Amplitube Custom Shop. :?

I have downloaded Amplitube 3 from this link: http://www.ikmultimedia.com/news/index.php?item_id=1301
, after downloading Amplitube Custom Shop.

The app's 10 day grace is now over, and the periodic hiss is making the app unusable . I don't see anyone on the forums having the same issue, so if anyone would know how to solve this issue I would be reeeeeeeeeeealy greatful.
tanjunheng01

Re: Unable to authorize Amplitube 3

Postby garfy » Tue Jan 02, 2018 5:09 pm

Hello tanjunheng01 and welcome to the forum.

Although I’m guessing here, probably what is happening is that AmpliTube CS is now version 4 and so you won’t be able to open version 3 AFAIK.

Is there any reason to not use the most up to date version (which is 4.3)? Essentially the functionality will be the same as the free version of AmpliTube 3.
System Specs: 2012 Mac Mini 2.6 i7 & 2015 MBP 2.2 i7, 16GB RAM
macOS10.15.7 Logic 10.6.1 Reason 11
Various IK, NI, Waves, Softube, Eventide, XLN software
Focusrite 18i20 x 2, Novation ReMote 25SL
garfy

Postby Peter_IK » Tue Jan 02, 2018 5:21 pm

From what I can see, you should typically have an entry for "AmpliTube 3 Custom Shop" specifically in your IK User Area under "My Products"

Please check your IK User Area for this and use the serial number under that product to authorize. If you do not have that entry in your IK User Area please open a ticket with IK Support to see if there is something they can do. They can be reached at http://www.ikmultimedia.com/contact-support/mi/

Thank you.
IK Multimedia. Musicians First.
YouTube - Facebook - Twitter
Need help? Our support team will be happy to help and can be reached at this link.
From the rules: Moderator decisions are not a matter for forum discussion and are final.
Peter_IK
Kingpin

Postby DarkStar » Tue Jan 02, 2018 5:35 pm

Yep, just looking here, I have
AmpliTube 3 Custom Shop
Latest version: 3.15.0.c, Released on:08-25-2015

and
AmpliTube Custom Shop
Latest version: 4.3, Released on:08-30-2017

and
AmpliTube X-GEAR
Latest version: 4.3, Released on:08-30-2017

I cannot remember what that last one is. ;)
----------------
DarkStar ... interesting, if true.
Inspired by ...
DarkStar
Hero Of The Week (Moderator)

Postby garfy » Tue Jan 02, 2018 5:39 pm

Peter_IK wrote:From what I can see, you should typically have an entry for "AmpliTube 3 Custom Shop" specifically in your IK User Area under "My Products"

But would that still be the case if the user account had only been set up recently? Would it not default to the latest v4 as an only option?
garfy

Postby Peter_IK » Tue Jan 02, 2018 5:49 pm

garfy wrote:
Peter_IK wrote:From what I can see, you should typically have an entry for "AmpliTube 3 Custom Shop" specifically in your IK User Area under "My Products"

But would that still be the case if the user account had only been set up recently? Would it not default to the latest v4 as an only option?

I used a test account but I thought there would still be both. Support would be able to conclusively answer that one.
IK Multimedia. Musicians First.
YouTube - Facebook - Twitter
Need help? Our support team will be happy to help and can be reached at this link.
From the rules: Moderator decisions are not a matter for forum discussion and are final.
Peter_IK
Kingpin

Postby garfy » Tue Jan 02, 2018 5:51 pm

Peter_IK wrote:I used a test account but I thought there would still be both. Support would be able to conclusively answer that one.

Fair enough. Just me presuming again (it’ll get me in trouble one day :roll: )
garfy

Postby DarkStar » Tue Jan 02, 2018 5:55 pm

^^^
Good point - and the OP only joined today.

The link to "AmpliTube 3 Free" on that web page actually points to AmpliTube CS (that is v4.xx). I would think that that is what has been installed (click the [?] button at the top-right to see the version).

The OP should get the AmpliTube Custom Shop serial number from the User Area/My Products and use that in the Authorization Manager.
----------------
Inspired by ...
DarkStar

Postby junheng01 » Thu Jan 04, 2018 4:50 am

Was not expecting so many replies on my post :0

Sorry for the confusion, but what I'm thinking is that Amplitube 3 is the program with the actual sounds and Custom Shop is the app to try/buy gear? When I download the app from http://www.ikmultimedia.com/products/ca ... -amplitube , I get the custom shop app to get gear but I can't use the sounds (or at least I don't know how to)

From the member's area, I can only find 'Amplitube Custom Shop' but not 'Amplitube 3 Custom Shop'. When I authorize the app using the code from 'Amplitube Custom Shop' from the member's area, I think it authorizes the custom shop app but not amplitube 3 which makes amplitube 3 say that it is not authorized.

If I sound like I am speaking gibberish I'm sorry as this is my first time using any amp sim programs :(
junheng01

Postby garfy » Thu Jan 04, 2018 9:35 am

Not speaking gibberish, it’s just hard sometimes to describe and diagnose problems over a forum.

Can you tell us whether you are using a Windows or an Apple machine and which operating system you are using please. This will help us to give you some specific questions/instructions.
garfy

Postby DarkStar » Thu Jan 04, 2018 4:06 pm

<< Grrr - after 30 minutes typing an excellent reply, and clicking [Submit] the forum software said I was now logged out and lost all my hard work >>

So, here goes again

As garfy said - don't worry, it can be confusing. And we all started out with similar questions.

First off, the info on this web page (from your first post) http://www.ikmultimedia.com/news/index.php?item_id=1301 is out of date. The link near the start of the text takes me to a AmpliTube (4) Custom Shop where I can download AT4. but there is a link at then end of the text to download AT3 Fee, which I guess is the one you used.

The problem with installing AT3 Free is that it needs a Serial Number to authorise it, and, as you are new to IK Multimedia you will not have one (AT3 is from 2012).

In your situation, I would uninstall AT3 Free, run the "AmpliTube Custom Shop" installer that you downloaded. That installer installs the AmpliTube 4 standalone program and plug-ins and the free gear models. Optionally, it also installs the Authorization Manager and the Custom Shop standalone programs. And, yes, you are right, the AmpliTube software includes the gear models that affect your sound and Custom Shop allows you to try out or buy additional gear.

Run the Authorization Manager program - it may report that it is out of date. If so, let it update itself. When ready, use the "AmpliTube Custom Shop" Serial Number that you have to Authorize the AT4 software. Then you should be ready to start AmpliTube. Your free gear should be available there. If not, then start Custom Shop, log in if needed, and click "Gear" then "Restore My Gear" to make them available.

Phew!
----------------
Inspired by ...
DarkStar

Postby junheng01 » Thu Jan 04, 2018 5:33 pm

DarkStar wrote:<< Grrr - after 30 minutes typing an excellent reply, and clicking [Submit] the forum software said I was now logged out and lost all my hard work >>

So, here goes again

As garfy said - don't worry, it can be confusing. And we all started out with similar questions.

First off, the info on this web page (from your first post) http://www.ikmultimedia.com/news/index.php?item_id=1301 is out of date. The link near the start of the text takes me to a AmpliTube (4) Custom Shop where I can download AT4. but there is a link at then end of the text to download AT3 Fee, which I guess is the one you used.

The problem with installing AT3 Free is that it needs a Serial Number to authorise it, and, as you are new to IK Multimedia you will not have one (AT3 is from 2012).

In your situation, I would uninstall AT3 Free, run the "AmpliTube Custom Shop" installer that you downloaded. That installer installs the AmpliTube 4 standalone program and plug-ins and the free gear models. Optionally, it also installs the Authorization Manager and the Custom Shop standalone programs. And, yes, you are right, the AmpliTube software includes the gear models that affect your sound and Custom Shop allows you to try out or buy additional gear.

Run the Authorization Manager program - it may report that it is out of date. If so, let it update itself. When ready, use the "AmpliTube Custom Shop" Serial Number that you have to Authorize the AT4 software. Then you should be ready to start AmpliTube. Your free gear should be available there. If not, then start Custom Shop, log in if needed, and click "Gear" then "Restore My Gear" to make them available.

Phew!

Woahh... Thanks for that dude :D

One question though, when I downloaded from the Custom Shop link, it only gives me the Custom Shop part which lets me get gear and I don't seem to be able to get the actual amp sim application :/

Really love the interaction on this forum man <3 (thanks for the steady replies guys)
junheng01

Postby DarkStar » Thu Jan 04, 2018 5:44 pm

Are you sure? When I go to http://www.ikmultimedia.com/products/cat-view.php?C=family-amplitube then click the Download for "AmpliTube Custom Shop" and download one of the two versions, I get a 300+MB file, which I understand contains a single installer for the AmpliTube software and gear, the Authorisation Manager and the Custom Shop.

What happens when you unzip the download and run the installer? You should see AT4 being installed first, followed by options to install the others. Can you take a few screenshots?

Posting screenshots: http://cgi.ikmultimedia.com/ikforum/viewtopic.php?f=19&t=432
----------------
Inspired by ...
DarkStar

Postby junheng01 » Thu Jan 04, 2018 7:13 pm

DarkStar wrote:Are you sure? When I go to http://www.ikmultimedia.com/products/cat-view.php?C=family-amplitube then click the Download for "AmpliTube Custom Shop" and download one of the two versions, I get a 300+MB file, which I understand contains a single installer for the AmpliTube software and gear, the Authorisation Manager and the Custom Shop.

What happens when you unzip the download and run the installer? You should see AT4 being installed first, followed by options to install the others. Can you take a few screenshots?

Posting screenshots: http://cgi.ikmultimedia.com/ikforum/viewtopic.php?f=19&t=432

Okay after going through it a few times I realised that I had been opening the update for the custom shop... *insert massive facepalm*

Thank you for all the help dude! (And sorry for my confusion in all this :lol: )
junheng01

Postby DarkStar » Sat Jan 06, 2018 3:55 pm

No problem - I'm glad that you have got it sorted out.

Just to clarify
(a) have you now got "AT4 Custom Shop" (that is, the AT4 software, and the free gear, and the Custom Shop program) installed?
(b) from the change in your user name, it looks like you have more than 1 IK Multimedia Account - if you have products Registered on both that might cause problems later - it would be best to ask Technical Support to delete one or combine them.
http://www.ikmultimedia.com/contact-support/mi/
----------------
Inspired by ...
DarkStar

Return to AmpliTube Guitar Amp & FX modeling