AmpliTube Jimi Hendrix Power DUO Bundle Help, Please?

AmpliTube TONEX, AmpliTube 5, AmpliTube Custom Shop, AmpliTube Joe Satriani, AmpliTube Brian May, MESA/Boogie®,Orange™, Fender™, Hendrix™, Metal, AmpliTube SVX, and more for Mac/PC

AmpliTube Jimi Hendrix Power DUO Bundle Help, Please?

Postby bamim2 » Fri Dec 01, 2017 6:06 pm

I apologize for having to ask this, but I'm just not clear on this & I can't find any instructions on what I need to do. Everything is so generic it's not informative. Of course, I'm pretty thick, so I could just be not 'getting it' & the info is right in front of me.

What I've done so far:
I purchased the "AmpliTube Jimi Hendrix Power DUO Bundle". When I click on the download in my user area it shows up as AmpliTube 4.3. (not exactly what I was expecting). I downloaded it & installed it, entered in the license info in Authorization Manager. I also downloaded & Installed the latest version of Custom Shop.

Since I didn't know if I should run AT4 first, then go to the Custom shop or vice versa or if it matters, I basically started them both at the same time.
In AT4 & I don't see anything about Jimi Hendrx. I'n Custom Shop, I don't see anything about Jimi. I even did a search for "Jimi" to see if my purchase would show up or something, & it came back with a bunch of stompboxes & stuff, but I STILL can't find anything about "Jimi" or even "my purchase" or anything of that sort.

WTF am I not getting or doing correctly? Or is that all this is now? Just a collection of stompboxes etc?

I could really use some clear instruction, advice (on topic & I've heard all the "get a job", "change professions", "maybe you're a drummer?" advice), assistance or direction on this. I greatly appreciate the help.

Thanks in advance,
bamim2

Re: AmpliTube Jimi Hendrix Power DUO Bundle Help, Please?

Postby DarkStar » Fri Dec 01, 2017 6:28 pm

Try a "Restore My Gear" in Custom Shop.
----------------
DarkStar ... interesting, if true.
Inspired by ...
DarkStar
Hero Of The Week (Moderator)

Postby Peter_IK » Fri Dec 01, 2017 6:34 pm

AmpliTube Jimi Hendrix gear does run inside AmpliTube and AmpliTube 4.3 is the latest version (and you also have full AmpliTube 4 due to purchasing the Power DUO Bundle).

The easiest way to make sure all of your gear is available within AmpliTube is to open the Custom Shop application (in your Start Menu on Windows, or your Applications folder on Mac) and then log in. Go to the AmpliTube section then do a Gear --> Restore My Gear and you should be all set.

You should be able to use the appropriate gear individually (amps, stomps, rack effects, cabinets, etc) or via presets (for the Hendrix tones they will be under Collections and then the appropriate collection name(s).
IK Multimedia. Musicians First.
YouTube - Facebook - Twitter
Need help? Our support team will be happy to help and can be reached at this link.
From the rules: Moderator decisions are not a matter for forum discussion and are final.
Peter_IK
Kingpin

Postby bamim2 » Sat Dec 02, 2017 1:08 am

Thank you! I'm on my way there right now to check it out. GREATLY appreciated.
bamim2

Postby str12ng » Fri Jan 12, 2018 7:38 pm

I wonder if you ever found the Jimi Amps. With 22 pages and 219 gear models in my custom shop collection it is difficult to find anything. It would be extremely helpful if there could be separate folders for stomboxes, amps, mic, etc.

Anyway, I did a restore my gear and although it is authorized still do not see Hendrix in Amplitube 4.3. I expect a collection but it is not there. In Custom shop under artists I see the models I should have, but nothing shows up under Marshall, and I can only find approximations in Fender.

Where can I find my Jimi Hendrix in Amplitube?

PS, these amps are great but the website, custom shop, and downloads are very confusing.
str12ng

Postby Peter_IK » Fri Jan 12, 2018 10:36 pm

str12ng wrote:I wonder if you ever found the Jimi Amps. With 22 pages and 219 gear models in my custom shop collection it is difficult to find anything. It would be extremely helpful if there could be separate folders for stomboxes, amps, mic, etc.

Anyway, I did a restore my gear and although it is authorized still do not see Hendrix in Amplitube 4.3. I expect a collection but it is not there. In Custom shop under artists I see the models I should have, but nothing shows up under Marshall, and I can only find approximations in Fender.

Where can I find my Jimi Hendrix in Amplitube?

PS, these amps are great but the website, custom shop, and downloads are very confusing.

There is a folder for the Jimi Hendrix presets in AmpliTube 4. Under that you will see them organized by the gear featured (as well as Discography and Misc categories).
Need help? Our support team will be happy to help and can be reached at this link.
From the rules: Moderator decisions are not a matter for forum discussion and are final.
Peter_IK
Kingpin

Postby str12ng » Sat Jan 13, 2018 1:32 am

ah yea, of course I'd look for modules instead of presets. Thanks for setting me straight Peter.
I'm updating long outdated software a new computer and looked there before, but not after I did a gear restore. That is a very handy button in the Custom Shop..
str12ng

Postby Peter_IK » Sat Jan 13, 2018 2:38 am

str12ng wrote:ah yea, of course I'd look for modules instead of presets. Thanks for setting me straight Peter.
I'm updating long outdated software a new computer and looked there before, but not after I did a gear restore. That is a very handy button in the Custom Shop..

Ah yes, that may be the most handy button in the shop indeed! :)
Peter_IK
Kingpin

Return to AmpliTube Guitar Amp & FX modeling