Amplitube 3 not working with ProTools 12.8.2

AmpliTube TONEX, AmpliTube 5, AmpliTube Custom Shop, AmpliTube Joe Satriani, AmpliTube Brian May, MESA/Boogie®,Orange™, Fender™, Hendrix™, Metal, AmpliTube SVX, and more for Mac/PC

Amplitube 3 not working with ProTools 12.8.2

Postby McDubb » Fri Nov 17, 2017 8:20 pm

As of version 12.8.2, I have been unable to launch any ProTools sessions with Amplitube 3 instances in them. Amplitube 4 works fine, but I am unable to open these older sessions in order to access my tweaked presets and convert them to AT4. Anyone else encounter this and found a fix? Reinstalling older versions of ProTools is a major process as of V12 so that isn't a workaround in this case.

Thanks,
MW
McDubb

Re: Amplitube 3 not working with ProTools 12.8.2

Postby dave1176 » Mon Nov 27, 2017 7:32 pm

I a also having this issue. I use Amplitube 4 mostly but I also work on older seesions which have Amplitube3 in them.

Sessions with Amplitube3 crash ProTools on opening. I can open the session with plugins disabled and manually activate each plugin.

Is there a way to convert the Amblitube 3 instance to Amblitube 4 and copy the settings? Or finding out what the settings are when you can't load the plugin?

The issue is with:
Amplitube 3 v 3.15c (juy 30 2013)
Protools 12.8.2r2 (oct 17 2017)
OSX Sierra 10.12.6
iMac retina 27inch late 2014, i7
dave1176

Postby krnkid3 » Thu Jan 04, 2018 10:16 pm

OK so I'm not the only one. I'm having the same issue, I was using amplitube 3 fine for like a week after not using it for 2 years and one day It just wouldn't open on pro tools 12. Seems like IK multimedia is trying to get us to buy the new version...where are the solutions and why have they not commented on this yet!?
krnkid3

Postby Peter_IK » Thu Jan 04, 2018 11:10 pm

krnkid3 wrote:OK so I'm not the only one. I'm having the same issue, I was using amplitube 3 fine for like a week after not using it for 2 years and one day It just wouldn't open on pro tools 12. Seems like IK multimedia is trying to get us to buy the new version...where are the solutions and why have they not commented on this yet!?

There are no malicious reasons behind the problems you are having. The reason there's no comment here is that this forum is not a medium for technical support and issues like this can and should be reported to the IK Support team at http://www.ikmultimedia.com/contact-support/mi/ and they will help you get up and running. Thank you.

Also note that all of your AmpliTube 3 gear will run in AmpliTube 4 CS (the free version) so there's another reason that there's nothing nefarious happening here. Please open a ticket with IK Support and they'll assist you directly.
IK Multimedia. Musicians First.
YouTube - Facebook - Twitter
Need help? Our support team will be happy to help and can be reached at this link.
From the rules: Moderator decisions are not a matter for forum discussion and are final.
Peter_IK
Kingpin

Postby McDubb » Thu Jan 04, 2018 11:14 pm

I contacted the technical support team before my original post and have received no response. That's why I posted here - to see if it was an issue for others.
McDubb

Postby dave1176 » Thu Jan 04, 2018 11:19 pm

My problem is that if I open an old session with Amplitube 3, I cannot find out what my settings were. Being able to use the mps in Amplitube 4 (which I also own) does not help
dave1176

Postby Peter_IK » Thu Jan 04, 2018 11:29 pm

mwandmacher wrote:I contacted the technical support team before my original post and have received no response. That's why I posted here - to see if it was an issue for others.

They respond within one business day. If that is not the case you can reply to the ticket (you would get an email confirmation with a link where you can add more information etc) or let someone know so we can look into what happened. The first thing listed on the forum rules is that this is not a means for direct technical support but of course we can help if there's a miscommunication or crossed email threads, etc causing an issue there.
Need help? Our support team will be happy to help and can be reached at this link.
From the rules: Moderator decisions are not a matter for forum discussion and are final.
Peter_IK
Kingpin

Postby chanlon25 » Thu Jan 25, 2018 6:39 am

Any update to this? I'm also having the problem in 12.8.2...
chanlon25

Postby Peter_IK » Thu Jan 25, 2018 8:36 am

chanlon25 wrote:Any update to this? I'm also having the problem in 12.8.2...

Please open a ticket with IK Support so they can troubleshoot and provide updates to you directly. Thank you.
Peter_IK
Kingpin

Postby ddresdow » Fri Jun 01, 2018 11:12 pm

Still an issue, June 2018 (Pro Tools 2018.4.0). PT crashes when you insert it, open a session with it in use, or attempt to import a channel that has it inserted from another session into a current one.

I opened a support ticket. Fingers crossed for a quick fix.
ddresdow

Postby guitarmike01077 » Mon Jun 04, 2018 3:15 pm

mwandmacher wrote:I contacted the technical support team before my original post and have received no response. That's why I posted here - to see if it was an issue for others.

I tried also a while back multiple times with no help or explination apparently we aren't worthy to use amplitube 3 and a push to stop us from using it seems to be their only recourse vs amplitube 4 seems to be their new cash cow.

just my 2 cents
guitarmike01077

Postby Peter_IK » Mon Jun 04, 2018 3:29 pm

guitarmike01077 wrote:

I tried also a while back multiple times with no help or explination apparently we aren't worthy to use amplitube 3 and a push to stop us from using it seems to be their only recourse vs amplitube 4 seems to be their new cash cow.

just my 2 cents

IK Support will help you with AmpliTube 3 as well. There are no nefarious things going on. If you have tickets that were not replied to or you aren't satisfied with please PM the ticket number(s) to me. Thanks.
Peter_IK
Kingpin

Postby ddresdow » Tue Jun 05, 2018 4:53 pm

I did get a reply yesterday. It didn't help me get AMplitube3 working in the current version of Pro Tools. I'd post the reply here, but the bottom of the message I got from IK Multimedia said it was confidential information.

I wonder what the expected shelf life of Amplitube 4 is.
ddresdow

Postby McDubb » Tue Jun 05, 2018 5:37 pm

The help tips they gave me also did not work. I think IK is missing the point in that it's impossible to port AT3 settings to AT4 if you can't open AT3 in the first place! For me, this instantiation problem affects hundreds of old sessions. It's really frustrating.
McDubb

Postby Peter_IK » Tue Jun 05, 2018 5:40 pm

If you let IK Support know in your ticket that the suggestions did not work they will assist you further. I know it can be frustrating when something isn't working as expected but the support team will help you.
Peter_IK
Kingpin

Next

Return to AmpliTube Guitar Amp & FX modeling