Ampeg SVX 2 for AmpliTube now available

AmpliTube 4, AmpliTube Custom Shop, MESA/Boogie®,Orange™, Fender™, Hendrix™, Metal, Ampeg® SVX, Preset XChange, more for Mac/PC

Re: Ampeg SVX 2 for AmpliTube now available

Postby Peter_IK » Wed Sep 06, 2017 9:28 pm

norbertbecker wrote:And another thing: the FAQ page in the support section doesn't work. It just shows the spinning ball for ages.

The FAQ section is currently undergoing maintenance. Please report your issue about not getting the appropriate upgrade offer to IK Support at http://www.ikmultimedia.com/contact-support/mi/ and they will assist you directly. Thank you.
IK Multimedia. Musicians First.
YouTube - Facebook - Twitter
Need help? Our support team will be happy to help and can be reached at this link.
Peter_IK
Kingpin

Postby mrlucmorin » Thu Sep 07, 2017 6:49 pm

Hi,

I just wanted to add a "me too" post to this thread.

I own Ampeg SVX, and I can see the "Buy now" button at $49.99, but when I click it, the next web page only offers me SVX-2 at $99.99

I entered a support request as well, but you guys sure seem like you need to pull your stuff together :oops:

Cheers
mrlucmorin

Postby mrlucmorin » Thu Sep 07, 2017 8:21 pm

Well, this sucks.

Apparently, I got my SVX license from the "Bass player bundle".

@IK, this will make me re-evaluate possible purchases of bundles in the future. I understand that I get a reduced price on the bundle, but in the long run, whenever I want to upgrade an individual product from the bundle, I'll have to pay it at full price.

The total cost of ownership may not be so much better on bundles after all.

When I buy software, I try to keep the future in mind as new versions are always going to show up, and while I don't mind paying an upgrade price, I don't want to have to purchase my products anew.

If bundles will not give access to upgrade paths, then it should be clearly stated on our purchase orders.

Thanks
mrlucmorin

Postby Peter_IK » Thu Sep 07, 2017 8:48 pm

I've relayed these scenarios to the team. Thank you for your input.
Need help? Our support team will be happy to help and can be reached at this link.
Peter_IK
Kingpin

Postby mhansen555 » Thu Sep 07, 2017 9:06 pm

Peter_Ik,

This is part of my reply to the support team. This should be part of the ad when this is an issue.
==============================
In the Ad "Currently registered Ampeg SVX users can upgrade to Ampeg SVX 2 for only $/€49.99" which I am. I have read that your company is saying no upgrade price for the the AmpliTube Maxx people. I can kind of see that, but again read your ad verbiage. But in the case of your other "Loyal" customers that took advantage of your ad, which It I remember right, 2 for 1 deal, Are we also being denied? It is not in my crossgrade/Upgrade section of my account, so I guess that is true.

So your verbiage should of said:

Currently registered Ampeg SVX users can upgrade to Ampeg SVX 2 for only $/€49.99, provided that you did not buy it in a bundle or on sale, only full price purchase!

==============================

If this was in the ad I would not feel as cheated as I do. I love your product and I use it in almost ever project I do, and that won't change. I one of the biggest cheerleader you got.
But, this really feels like a slap in the face of "ALL" supporters of your product. The qualifier in who can get the updated price is a must, not have your loyal customer running around with trying to figure it out.

Mike
mhansen555

Postby Peter_IK » Thu Sep 07, 2017 9:28 pm

Bundles (including AmpliTube MAX) should be working and qualify for the upgrade at this time, please continue to work with support if you are not seeing the upgrade pricing if you have Ampeg SVX 1 from within a bundle.

I see Bass Players Bundle mentioned but I'm not seeing any Ampeg SVX gear in that bundle, so in that case the issue may be that Ampeg SVX 1 is not a part of the bundle owned. Here is the Bass Players Bundle web page for reference: http://www.ikmultimedia.com/products/atbassplayers/

I hope that helps.
Peter_IK
Kingpin

Postby mhansen555 » Thu Sep 07, 2017 9:56 pm

Peter,

Thanks for your reply, I own the first SVX and I just checked again and the SVX 2 is not listed in my cross grades/upgrades. I do see it in the main product catalog and it said $49 but I click on it I saids it 99. If I add to cart it still saids 99. So, i guess they trying to tell me something.... Agent 99.....

Michael
mhansen555

Postby Peter_IK » Thu Sep 07, 2017 10:28 pm

mhansen555 wrote:Peter,

Thanks for your reply, I own the first SVX and I just checked again and the SVX 2 is not listed in my cross grades/upgrades. I do see it in the main product catalog and it said $49 but I click on it I saids it 99. If I add to cart it still saids 99. So, i guess they trying to tell me something.... Agent 99.....

Michael

It may be a case of being free in a BOGO/Group Buy or similar but hang tight there may be some better news coming soon. I really appreciate your patience.
Peter_IK
Kingpin

Postby mrlucmorin » Thu Sep 07, 2017 10:32 pm

Peter,

I must have wrongly assumed that my SVX-1 license came from the Bass player bundle, as I don't see any other orders in my history that would explain how I got it.

SVX-1 is definitely listed in my products page. How can I find out how I purchased it?

Thanks
mrlucmorin

Postby mrlucmorin » Thu Sep 07, 2017 10:41 pm

Peter,

I've just found how I got SVX. It was part of a group purchase where the number of included plugins was upped every time some new number of buyers was reached.

Seems like this doesn't qualify for an upgrade path. My previous comments still stand about user warning when taking advantage of those offers.

Anything you can do in this case?

Thanks
mrlucmorin

Postby Peter_IK » Thu Sep 07, 2017 10:58 pm

If I can ask for your patience until tomorrow, there will be more news that may rectify at least some if not all of the confusion here. I really appreciate it.
Peter_IK
Kingpin

Postby ktofe » Fri Sep 08, 2017 7:24 am

IK support answered me that :
"Only full purchased versions qualify for the upgrade version, if it was received via a promotion or in a MAX bundle, it does not qualify for the upgrade."

So I understand that only those who have buy the SVX 1 at full price are qualified for the upgrade at 49 €.

Why not ....
ktofe

Postby Peter_IK » Fri Sep 08, 2017 3:15 pm

ktofe wrote:IK support answered me that :
"Only full purchased versions qualify for the upgrade version, if it was received via a promotion or in a MAX bundle, it does not qualify for the upgrade."

So I understand that only those who have buy the SVX 1 at full price are qualified for the upgrade at 49 €.

Why not ....

MAX (and other bundles) do now qualify you and I asked above your reply for a little patience for updates to your cases today.
Peter_IK
Kingpin

Postby n2mpujack » Fri Sep 08, 2017 4:13 pm

As a change from the purchase woes there's something that needs to be cleared up - does this bundle overwrite the SVX1 bundle? IOW will I still have available to me the original Ampeg bundle?
Jack
OSX 10.10.5
PT11.3.2, DP9.02
AT3, AT4 and a lot more
n2mpujack

Postby Peter_IK » Fri Sep 08, 2017 5:25 pm

n2mpujack wrote:As a change from the purchase woes there's something that needs to be cleared up - does this bundle overwrite the SVX1 bundle? IOW will I still have available to me the original Ampeg bundle?

It does not overwrite the Ampeg SVX 1 bundle/models.
Peter_IK
Kingpin

PreviousNext

Return to AmpliTube Guitar Amp & FX modeling