Preset Xchange

AmpliTube TONEX, AmpliTube 5, AmpliTube Custom Shop, AmpliTube Joe Satriani, AmpliTube Brian May, MESA/Boogie®,Orange™, Fender™, Hendrix™, Metal, AmpliTube SVX, and more for Mac/PC

Re: Preset Xchange

Postby drchek » Thu Oct 18, 2018 10:59 am

What's even more rediculous is that there's a button for the Preset Exchange right there in the preset browser of the Amplitube 4! If you're not ever gonna make a preset exchange, at least remove the button from the product.
drchek

Postby whhf54 » Sat Oct 20, 2018 7:33 pm

I found some great different sounds. Myself I've uploaded presets and they were very well received and looked forward to creating more with AT4 and all the other gear I own.

If enough of us keep asking for it they be smart and return a new 'Presets Exchange".
-
-
-
Does Anybody know to access the old AT3 'Presets Exchange?
whhf54

Postby blueyepaul » Sat Nov 10, 2018 6:08 am

whhf54 wrote:I found some great different sounds. Myself I've uploaded presets and they were very well received and looked forward to creating more with AT4 and all the other gear I own.

If enough of us keep asking for it they be smart and return a new 'Presets Exchange".
-
-
-
Does Anybody know to access the old AT3 'Presets Exchange?
My way of thinking is it all comes down to money. Haven't you notice that you are always putting your hand in your wallet to pay for another add on, if it is not a amp its a cab or a mic. :evil:
blueyepaul

Postby garfy » Sat Nov 10, 2018 3:46 pm

Hello blueyepaul and welcome to the forum.

blueyepaul wrote:My way of thinking is it all comes down to money. Haven't you notice that you are always putting your hand in your wallet to pay for another add on, if it is not a amp its a cab or a mic. :evil:

I'm not entirely sure I follow your point here. The preset Xchange was, as far as I recall, a system that IK set up for users to swap presets they had made. No money changed hands did it?

As for always having to put your hands in your pocket, you don't. IK software seems to have a fairly long shelf life, even after new versions are released and it's only been a move from 32 to 64-bit plugins that has caused any real upheaval in recent memory. Sorry if I've got the wrong end of the stick here, but it is your choice to buy a new piece of IK gear, not a necessity.

And as someone pointed out earlier in the thread, the preset Xchange could actually be seen to be promoting the buying of new gear models if you download a preset where you are missing an amp or cab, so it was in IK's interests in a roundabout kind of way.
System Specs: 2012 Mac Mini 2.6 i7 & 2015 MBP 2.2 i7, 16GB RAM
macOS10.15.7 Logic 10.6.1 Reason 11
Various IK, NI, Waves, Softube, Eventide, XLN software
Focusrite 18i20 x 2, Novation ReMote 25SL
garfy

Postby whhf54 » Sat Nov 10, 2018 8:23 pm

I suspect the 'Money reference' is a cost to IK to setup the presets exchange, which would be passed on to us as consumers . With the new IK website we can't even access the old AT3 user presets which is a major loss for all of use the own AT3. It a simple process to load an AT3 preset into AT4 - just use import and it get converted.

IK PLEASE re-instate the AT3 preset exchange.

To Peter of IK. Please remind IK to incorporate this into an update.
whhf54

Postby garfy » Sun Nov 11, 2018 2:33 pm

whhf54 wrote:I suspect the 'Money reference' is a cost to IK to setup the presets exchange, which would be passed on to us as consumers .

Like I said, I must have the wrong end of the stick. Sorry everyone...as you were.
System Specs: 2012 Mac Mini 2.6 i7 & 2015 MBP 2.2 i7, 16GB RAM
macOS10.15.7 Logic 10.6.1 Reason 11
Various IK, NI, Waves, Softube, Eventide, XLN software
Focusrite 18i20 x 2, Novation ReMote 25SL
garfy

Postby C_berg1980 » Tue Nov 13, 2018 5:46 pm

Where is the PRESETS XCHANGE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!?????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????? Can someone please answer???????
C_berg1980

Postby carlaz » Tue Nov 13, 2018 6:20 pm

The costs of setting up and maintaining something like the Preset Xchange could only be trivial. It's basically a searchable online database of text files. Hosting, the back end, etc. -- none of it is any big deal. All the content is generated by the users, anyway.

If I had to guess (and I don't :roll: but I will! :lol: ), I'd say that IKM is considering changes to its customer/user experience in a way that tries to tie together interaction with/through its various software products but there are (greater than perhaps anticipated) delays given that such an approach probably requires all the various software products to be "on the same page" in terms of how users interact with/through them.

But I'm guessing.

Still, it's hard to imagine IKM isn't aware that a robust and enthusiastic user community is not an advantage to them. The Preset Xchange is, of course, only one component in building and maintaining that kind of community, but such an obvious one that I can only presume that some alternative to it was planned but that complications of some kind have failed to see it realized. Historically, IKM has not been hugely communicative about its intentions :roll: so whatever the case, I suspect we'll find out "when/if it happens" and not before.
--
"Lords of rock ... grace us with your mighty love ...."
http://soundcloud.com/carledlundanderson
https://carledlundanderson.bandcamp.com/
carlaz
1K Club

Postby blueyepaul » Wed Nov 14, 2018 12:29 am

When you exchange preset files between the IK community in the past, your not purchasing any additional software as you are happy with what you have. Hence the money saving that you can achieve. The 32bit change over to 64 bit binary code isn't much of a big deal.
blueyepaul

Postby smcvey » Wed Nov 14, 2018 12:32 am

The Preset Exchange is a great, nearly free marketing tool. If I download a preset that requires amps/effects I don't own, I will be more likely to buy them to get that tone.
smcvey

Postby carlaz » Wed Nov 14, 2018 6:56 pm

There really ought to be a feature that simply enables all the gear needed for a given preset (whether "stock" or "3rd party") in "Trial" mode with a single click from within the Amplitube standalone or plug-in. That would sell models. :lol: Right now, you have to figure out what gear you might need, go to the CS, individually enable "Trial" mode for different pieces, restore your gear, etc.

The Trial mode is great: you get 72 hours to mess with things, so you can try it out for a while, go away, come back the next day, and see if it's still working for you. No clicks, beeps, white noise, etc. But it could be smoother to use (like by working directly from within the app/plug-in).

In fact ... if some kind of preset Xchange comes back, then everything should work directly from within the app/plug-in (with the Web-version as a kind of back-up for people who use AT offline, etc.). I should be able to have the app/plug-in open, think "hey, I need a Jimmy Page tone" or whatever, and search from the app/plug-into see what comes up, install any presets I find (using the organizational scheme I prefer), and enable any/all gear I like in trial mode all right there without leaving the AT GUI.

Bazzinga. :mrgreen:
--
carlaz
1K Club

Postby whhf54 » Thu Nov 15, 2018 6:32 pm

:idea:
There really ought to be a feature that simply enables all the gear needed for a given preset (whether "stock" or "3rd party") in "Trial" mode with a single click from within the Amplitube standalone or plug-in. That would sell models. :lol: Right now, you have to figure out what gear you might need, go to the CS, individually enable "Trial" mode for different pieces, restore your gear, etc.~ In fact ... if some kind of preset Xchange comes back, then everything should work directly from within the app/plug-in

Great Idea Carlaz! :idea: An improved version of 'Presets Exchange'. :D as long as it keeps all the presets that IK users have all ready built for AT3. With the # of world wide users of AT3 & At4 they have a huge market base.

PETER of IK are U hearing this? Keep letting IK know what the users want - to be able to exchange the various rigs that we painstakingly put together.
whhf54

Postby Ryan_IK » Thu Nov 15, 2018 7:01 pm

Hey Guys!

Thanks for all the great posts. We appreciate all of the comments and feedback.

While I do not have any concrete information for everyone at the moment. I can say stay tuned for future developments. We are certainly looking into this topic and user feedback is one of the first places we go before moving forward.

Thanks again for all of the posts, do not hesitate to continue sharing your thoughts so far.

:D :D
IK Multimedia. Musicians First.
YouTube - Facebook - Twitter
Need help? Our support team will be happy to help and can be reached at this link.
Ryan_IK
Senpai

Postby whhf54 » Thu Nov 15, 2018 8:33 pm

Ryan of IK - Thanks again for all of the posts, do not hesitate to continue sharing your thoughts so far.

We have IK's attention. ALL Amplitube users - send them your thoughts

If enough users keep asking WE SHALL RECEIVE! :D
whhf54

Postby carlaz » Fri Nov 16, 2018 3:20 pm

whhf54 wrote:An improved version of 'Presets Exchange'. :D as long as it keeps all the presets that IK users have all ready built for AT3.

Definitely. I keep all my "home-brew" presets in a distinct top-level (in the Amplitube preset folder) called, well, "Homebrew", since I figure any future changes in preset organization from IKM's side might delete/add/overwrite whole stock folders, but are less likely to touch a user-made/named folder.

I figure there will always need to be a way to manually add preset files off some kind (since lots of pro users work offline), and I keep backups of my own presets anyway -- so even if everything is reorganized, as long as there remains a way to manually re-add preset files or folders of files, I should be OK. (Fingers crossed! :lol: )
--
carlaz
1K Club

PreviousNext

Return to AmpliTube Guitar Amp & FX modeling