Preset Xchange

AmpliTube TONEX, AmpliTube 5, AmpliTube Custom Shop, AmpliTube Joe Satriani, AmpliTube Brian May, MESA/Boogie®,Orange™, Fender™, Hendrix™, Metal, AmpliTube SVX, and more for Mac/PC

Preset Xchange

Postby Cormega » Fri Aug 18, 2017 3:01 am

What happened with the preset xchange? It seems abandoned after Amplitube 3.

Is there another depository for A4 presets?

I'm confused since A3 presets don't seem to work with A4.
Cormega

Re: Preset Xchange

Postby Peter_IK » Fri Aug 18, 2017 3:41 pm

There is no Preset XChange for AmpliTube 4 presets at this time but I have sent this suggestion to the team for sure. Thank you.
IK Multimedia. Musicians First.
YouTube - Facebook - Twitter
Need help? Our support team will be happy to help and can be reached at this link.
From the rules: Moderator decisions are not a matter for forum discussion and are final.
Peter_IK
Kingpin

Postby greizdeifi » Sat Sep 23, 2017 10:53 pm

Yes, I'd also like to see a preset XChange for Amplitube 4.

Thanks.
greizdeifi

Postby dmcgrew » Sat Nov 11, 2017 12:36 am

Ditto... I'd love to see an exchange forAT4 as well.
dmcgrew

Postby mike.miranda » Wed Mar 28, 2018 6:07 pm

Why would you not have a preset exchange for the current version of Amplitube? I would think that this would be an easy addition to add. It's baffling why this has not been set up yet.......
mike.miranda

Postby lchalk » Sun Apr 01, 2018 4:57 am

Agreed, most of the presets on the exchange use the old amps. The old amps are good but the new ones are so much better. I would love to see what other have done with all the new toys that are available now.
lchalk

Postby carlaz » Tue Apr 03, 2018 8:38 pm

The "where's the AT4 preset Xchange?" question has come around so many times, for so long, that there ought to just a "sticky" post explaining there isn't one. :roll:

At this point, I can only imagine that the lack of a preset Xchange for the current product is some kind of deliberate decision, though leaving the old Xchange for AT3 with such prominent visibility only seems to highlight the unexplained lack of an AT4 Xchange. :?

Oh well! I guess we'll find out what the plan is some day!
--
"Lords of rock ... grace us with your mighty love ...."
http://soundcloud.com/carledlundanderson
https://carledlundanderson.bandcamp.com/
carlaz
1K Club

Postby carl.galilee » Fri Apr 27, 2018 12:43 pm

After so long, its pretty apparent IK are never going to provide an exchange for AT4.

Just seems like a really odd decision, especially when it seems like a good opportunity to increase sales on models that users don't have. Plus its a great way for people to connect and learn through the sharing of ideas.

As a relative newcomer to guitar modelling I love the fact that AT4 is very intuitive, however the amount of gadgets and wiring setups can be pretty overwhelming when you've come from a simple combo amp and couple of pedals analogue setup.

I can usually get close to a particular tone that I'm trying to emulate but often end up lost down the rabbit hole nailing particular nuances. Things that would be helped greatly by an exchange.
carl.galilee

Postby Timo2019 » Fri Apr 27, 2018 7:35 pm

Well, I'm in total agreement at this point. IK needs to create a AT4 preset exchange. Peter_IK! push the issue for us... PLEASE! :o
Timo2019

Postby smcvey » Fri Apr 27, 2018 8:34 pm

Is it possible we could create our own somewhere?
smcvey

Postby lchalk » Sat Apr 28, 2018 4:07 am

don't see why not, since all you do is download a file and move it into your preset directory. I am actually a software developer so if IK doesn't have any objection (or even better let us host a database and a file repository). I could just host it on azure but I think it would be better if they held the resources not me. So if they are willing to supply the server resources, I think we as a community can supply the development resources.
lchalk

Preset XChange For AmpliTube 4

Postby whhf54 » Mon Apr 30, 2018 9:22 pm

Peter_IK wrote:There is no Preset XChange for AmpliTube 4 presets at this time but I have sent this suggestion to the team for sure. Thank you.

Hi Peter.

It's been 8 months and still nothing. Sad I've been building AT4 Presets with some of the new gear which is not avail for AT3 so can not send them in AT3 format. The ones I've sent in have been well received

Regards
WiLLi

My Rig: AT4, AT3, Ampeg 1 & 2, Fender + 2 CS combos, Jimi Anniversary, Slash, Orange, Fulton, CS: V3M combo, SLO-100, HiAmp combo, 2-ENGL combos, 2-Jet City combos, 2 mics, 6 pedals
whhf54

Postby Timo2019 » Mon Apr 30, 2018 9:23 pm

We should start a preset dropbox...
Timo2019

Postby whhf54 » Sat Oct 13, 2018 1:46 am

What has happened to the 'Presets exchange' for AT 3? I can't find it anywhere on the new website. Not so sure I even like the new website. As for using AT3 presets in AT4 all U have to do is 'Import them" and they work great.

PLEASE ask the powers that be to to setup a new AT4 Presets Exchange.

WiLLi & the MusicMachine :(
whhf54

Postby carlaz » Tue Oct 16, 2018 6:03 pm

I'm not surprised that the AT3 preset exchange seems to have been deprecated in the IKM Web site refresh (even if it does seem a little strange that there's still no official AT4 preset exchange or other dedicated user community -- beyond these forums, that is). You can, however, find an unofficial, user-established Facebook group for exchanging AT4 presets. I forget the exact group name, but if you search Facebook with obvious terms like "amplitube" and "preset", I expect it will pop up.
--
"Lords of rock ... grace us with your mighty love ...."
http://soundcloud.com/carledlundanderson
https://carledlundanderson.bandcamp.com/
carlaz
1K Club

Next

Return to AmpliTube Guitar Amp & FX modeling