easy MIDI assignment of presets in Live

AmpliTube TONEX, AmpliTube 5, AmpliTube Custom Shop, AmpliTube Joe Satriani, AmpliTube Brian May, MESA/Boogie®,Orange™, Fender™, Hendrix™, Metal, AmpliTube SVX, and more for Mac/PC

easy MIDI assignment of presets in Live

Postby JES000000 » Mon Jul 17, 2017 6:25 pm

Greetings. I am trying the free version to see if I want to take advantage of the max sale.

I use a MIDI foot pedal with Ableton Live, and will be hosting Amplitube inside Live. I can't seem to figure out how to assign a footswitch to select a preset. I have no problem switching presets in other plugins. It's just Amplitube.

I've looked online but the only recent tutorial I've found is a guy who automated preset changes with a separate MIDI track and clips. That's nice, but I just want to use it like an amp pedalboard.

Any suggestions? Or links? The user manual says "refer to your host software" so that's not exactly helpful.
JES000000

Re: easy MIDI assignment of presets in Live

Postby Peter_IK » Mon Jul 17, 2017 7:20 pm

The manual refers you to your DAW/host software since there are different MIDI implementations in different software in ways that are likely too vast to document in AmpliTube's own manual.

However, many hosts should also still show the MIDI button on the AmpliTube 4 interface (I did a quick test to see if this was available in Reaper and it was) so in that case you can assign presets to MIDI Program Change values in that fashion and it should work the way it is described in the "Manage MIDI Parameters Assignation via the MIDI Control Panel" of that section of the AmpilTube 4 User Manual.

I'm not as familiar with Live, nor do I have it installed, so for specific help with Live another user would need to chime in or perhaps our IK Support team could assist with more direct authority using your particular DAW.
IK Multimedia. Musicians First.
YouTube - Facebook - Twitter
Need help? Our support team will be happy to help and can be reached at this link.
From the rules: Moderator decisions are not a matter for forum discussion and are final.
Peter_IK
Kingpin

Postby JES000000 » Mon Jul 17, 2017 8:16 pm

Thank you. I got it working in live this way, just in case anyone else is wondering:

I used a Tech21 MIDI Mouse for program changes, routed into Live (any MIDI controller that sends program changes will work). I set up a MIDI channel listening for the MIDI Mouse input. Output to the channel with Amplitube on it and every time I send a change, it gets it. See,ms instantaneous.
JES000000

Postby edwindhondt029@telenet.be » Mon Jun 01, 2020 1:22 pm

JES000000 wrote:Thank you. I got it working in live this way, just in case anyone else is wondering:

I used a Tech21 MIDI Mouse for program changes, routed into Live (any MIDI controller that sends program changes will work). I set up a MIDI channel listening for the MIDI Mouse input. Output to the channel with Amplitube on it and every time I send a change, it gets it. See,ms instantaneous.

Will the above also work in Ableton Live LITE ?

Kr
edwindhondt029@telenet.be

Return to AmpliTube Guitar Amp & FX modeling