5 - When?

AmpliTube TONEX, AmpliTube 5, AmpliTube Custom Shop, AmpliTube Joe Satriani, AmpliTube Brian May, MESA/Boogie®,Orange™, Fender™, Hendrix™, Metal, AmpliTube SVX, and more for Mac/PC

5 - When?

Postby lowthert » Wed May 10, 2017 9:02 am

Considering upgrading A4 up to Max - but wondered when A5 will be released and if I should wait.

Also - surely - if there are now models that are not included in Max - you cannot call it ''Max'' any more?!

Tony
Pro Tools 2023
Mac Studio M1 Ultra
128GB RAM
SSL 2+
Furman PL-8CE

http://www.tonylowther.com
lowthert

Re: 5 - When?

Postby Peter_IK » Wed May 10, 2017 1:35 pm

There is no set date at this time for AmpliTube 5, we will share any news once we have any.

AmpliTube MAX is a huge collection of gear and is not called "AmpliTube Complete" or similar as the MAX references "maximize your tone" which is the headline on the product page and it contains the gear as of February 2016 as mentioned on its product page at http://www.ikmultimedia.com/products/atmax/

I hope that helps, thank you.
IK Multimedia. Musicians First.
YouTube - Facebook - Twitter
Need help? Our support team will be happy to help and can be reached at this link.
From the rules: Moderator decisions are not a matter for forum discussion and are final.
Peter_IK
Kingpin

Postby iverdero » Tue Nov 14, 2017 3:51 pm

Is there a place where I can supply feedback for things I would like AT5 to have? Thank you!
iverdero

Postby DarkStar » Tue Nov 14, 2017 3:56 pm

----------------
DarkStar ... interesting, if true.
Inspired by ...
DarkStar
Hero Of The Week (Moderator)

Postby fotofisher@gmail.com » Tue Aug 13, 2019 6:05 pm

Well, it's been 4 years since the announcement of AmpliTube 4. Get'n long in the tooth...

I suppose it's time to stir the pot again and ask when is the next iteration of AT coming out?! :mrgreen: Maybe it's time for AT5? there's plenty of 'wish list' items stacking up on this thread: viewtopic.php?f=5&t=9827" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;.

What say you @Peter_IK?
fotofisher@gmail.com

Postby Peter_IK » Tue Aug 13, 2019 6:26 pm

We've added to AmpliTube 4, it has certainly not been stagnant for four years. The modeling technology for some of the new additions has also been updated/improved during this time as well.

AmpliTube 5 will come when it is ready and necessary. Thank you all for contributing to the wishlist.
IK Multimedia. Musicians First.
YouTube - Facebook - Twitter
Need help? Our support team will be happy to help and can be reached at this link.
From the rules: Moderator decisions are not a matter for forum discussion and are final.
Peter_IK
Kingpin

Postby carlaz » Tue Aug 13, 2019 6:39 pm

Doing some math, there were about 3 years between Amplitube 1 (2002) and 2 (2005), but about 5 years between Amplitube 2 and 3 (2010) and also between 3 and 4 (2015), so Amplitube 5 in 2020 would be no huge surprise. (Announced at Summer NAMM?) But that's just math! :mrgreen:
--
"Lords of rock ... grace us with your mighty love ...."
http://soundcloud.com/carledlundanderson
https://carledlundanderson.bandcamp.com/
carlaz
1K Club

Postby carlaz » Tue Aug 13, 2019 6:44 pm

Peter_IK wrote:The modeling technology for some of the new additions has also been updated/improved during this time as well.

IMO, the modeling technology has very noticeably improved since the days of Amplitube 2 (the first version I ever used). I mean, it's not like it was terrible back then :mrgreen: but just that the technology on people's desktops allowed what it allowed. And the old models still sound pretty good in their newer home, though the newer models sound really good. IMO!
--
carlaz
1K Club

Postby fotofisher@gmail.com » Tue Aug 13, 2019 11:55 pm

Peter_IK wrote:We've added to AmpliTube 4, it has certainly not been stagnant for four years. (schnippp...)

That is true, for sure - won't take that away from ya. Not that I'm disappointed in AT4 and all the sim adds over the past few years, but it *is* lacking in several areas now if compared to other current software or hardware modelling solutions - hence the 'long-in-the-tooth' comment. Dedicated super stomp boxes from TC Electronic, Strymon and Eventide have elevated the delay, reverb and chorus games. (hint: I hope AT5, or add-on sims in the future address similar-as features) No plate/room/hall/arena reverb, for example, is a swing-and-a-miss in the original AT4 line-up, IMNSHO. I could go on, but the wish-list thread captures everything and the kitchen sink.

As it stands now, I will continue to use AT4-Max on-stage each week as I play for our progressive worship band. I love tinkering with it and I can get the sounds I need.....for now :D

fotofisher.
fotofisher@gmail.com

Postby HIWATTHEAD » Tue Aug 27, 2019 7:41 am

How about Fender amps as far as I understand they haven't been updated, same modeling since 2012?
HIWATTHEAD

Postby carlaz » Tue Aug 27, 2019 6:17 pm

Technically, the "Fender 2" collection was released in 2017, I think. The previous Fender "1" collection is from 2012. (Yes, I know they both contain different gear models. :roll: )

To be fair, even the original Fender collection from 2012 represents a substantial update (IMO!) on the Amplitube-2-era "based on Fender" models. While any updates are always welcome, there are other AT2-era gear models that have yet to benefit from "upgrades" that I'd like to see.

But, really, we should put all this in the official "wish list" thread! :?
--
carlaz
1K Club

Postby jschrade » Fri Apr 03, 2020 4:44 am

Graphics in AT4 just do not work well on modern monitors -- too small and cannot resize. Tones are great and always updating, so maybe just a GUI update?

Please make Amplitube MAX everything.

Truly love the product and amazed at what modeling can produce.
jschrade

Postby vac713 » Fri Apr 03, 2020 1:24 pm

just out of curiosity, why do we even need a 5? they can simply continue to bring us products like BM, JS.... in the existing platform.
I have no issues with my 4, sounds great, love that they keep adding devices to the product (BM, JS...). Only thing I'd like to see is a full screen at this point. What can they do to 5 that would make me wanna go out and buy it? other than exclusive collections not available in 4?. I'm happy with what I got and just paying for collections as I need them
vac713

Postby colinbowern » Sun Apr 05, 2020 3:11 am

Moving to a scalable GUI would be nice - it's not an easy app to use on a 4K monitor where you are trying to hit small click targets.
colinbowern

Postby ArthMA » Fri Apr 10, 2020 5:51 am

I Love amplitube's interface, it feels like im dealing with the real amps, but would be awsome if we could work with IR's, like load our own files, or even better, if the cab session's miking istead of digital modeled sounds, was sourced by IR's
ArthMA

Next

Return to AmpliTube Guitar Amp & FX modeling