How to use 2 different amps at the same time?

AmpliTube TONEX, AmpliTube 5, AmpliTube Custom Shop, AmpliTube Joe Satriani, AmpliTube Brian May, MESA/Boogie®,Orange™, Fender™, Hendrix™, Metal, AmpliTube SVX, and more for Mac/PC

How to use 2 different amps at the same time?

Postby TGOEKE » Tue May 02, 2017 7:51 pm

New user here but really digging the service. I have Amplitube 4, Fender Collection 1 and Fender Collection 2. I want to run the 65 Super Reverb and 65 Deluxe together. How do I set this up?
TGOEKE

Re: How to use 2 different amps at the same time?

Postby Peter_IK » Tue May 02, 2017 8:07 pm

You would need to put one in the AMP A section and one in the AMP B selection and choose a routing option that has a signal path that uses both amp sections.

You can learn more about signal routing in AmpliTube 4 in the AmpliTube 4 User Manual, Chapter 3 - Signal Routing.

If you don't know where your IK manuals are located, please visit this FAQ for that information: http://www.ikmultimedia.com/faq/2497

I hope that helps.
IK Multimedia. Musicians First.
YouTube - Facebook - Twitter
Need help? Our support team will be happy to help and can be reached at this link.
From the rules: Moderator decisions are not a matter for forum discussion and are final.
Peter_IK
Kingpin

Postby TGOEKE » Tue May 02, 2017 8:43 pm

Thanks but that is not correct. Read the manual. Clearly states you can have 2 different amps at the same time. Selected routing for 2 amps. Saved a preset with that configuration. Went back to add 2nd amp and it switches itself back to a single amp routing configuration. Has anyone successfully ran 2 selected amps together with Amplitube 4? If so how? Thanks for your help.

This is all the manual states.

"To access the Amp module, click the Amp button located on the Module/Rig Selector. There are two separate Amp modules that can be accessed independently. Configurations consist of either Amp A, or both Amp A and Amp B in parallel for dual amp setups. Select one of the eight routing configurations located on the Module/Rig Selector for different rig combinations.
TGOEKE

Postby Peter_IK » Tue May 02, 2017 8:56 pm

It is 100% correct (and I was saying you CAN run two amps at the same time as you requested), as is the manual. Please check the different routing options (you can follow the yellow lines to see where the signal is going) to make sure you are choosing a routing option that routes the signal through both amp sections.

For example, routing option 7 will send the same signal through both amps at the same time. I just created and saved a preset with two different amps ine AMP A and AMP B sections, and when I come back and load that preset the routing choice remains and the signal is routed as indicated by the routing selection.

(also note the order in which you do it doesn't affect anything either - I tested by choosing AMP A and AMP B before switching to a dual amp routing setup and nothing reverted or changed whilst choosing different routing options)

If you are seeing odd behavior of signal routing changes when you reload your preset, I suggest you open a ticket with IK Support at http://www.ikmultimedia.com/contact-support/mi/ and they can see what is going on and resolve your issue directly.

Edit - and yes, I admit that routing changing on its own like that is super odd which is why IK Support would be best suited to help. Very strange behavior indeed, never have seen that!
IK Multimedia. Musicians First.
YouTube - Facebook - Twitter
Need help? Our support team will be happy to help and can be reached at this link.
From the rules: Moderator decisions are not a matter for forum discussion and are final.
Peter_IK
Kingpin

Postby carlaz » Tue May 09, 2017 10:09 pm

Jut to chime in: Peter_IK is definitely right on both counts. You can run two amps in parallel (though not in series), and AmpliTube should not changing the routing back to a single amp on its own -- and very definitely not if you've saved a dual-amp preset. So, yeah, check with Support on that one.
--
"Lords of rock ... grace us with your mighty love ...."
http://soundcloud.com/carledlundanderson
https://carledlundanderson.bandcamp.com/
carlaz
1K Club

Postby n2mpujack » Sat May 13, 2017 3:42 pm

carlaz wrote:Jut to chime in: Peter_IK is definitely right on both counts. You can run two amps in parallel (though not in series), and AmpliTube should not changing the routing back to a single amp on its own -- and very definitely not if you've saved a dual-amp preset. So, yeah, check with Support on that one.

I've had the random experience of AT4 changing the routing on it's from when I saved the ProTools or Digital Performer project/session I'm working in and when I next open that same tune. Shouldn't have to create a preset in AT4 unless you want to use that same setup in other music.
Jack
QAPLA!
OSX 10.13.6
PT 2021.6
n2mpujack

Postby Alasdairiainmacleod » Sat Dec 22, 2018 4:50 pm

I am currently experiencing the exact same issue. Has anyone managed to resolve it?
Alasdairiainmacleod

Postby Alasdairiainmacleod » Sat Dec 22, 2018 5:00 pm

I just figured this out for anyone else that comes across this chain.

I was trying to change the amp at the top of the screen. This is for presets that have already been configured.

What you need to do is choose your routing option (Numbers in top left)
Then choose your amp below. on the picture of the amp, in the bottom left corner it has an area called "AMP MODEL". Click that and choose the amp for AMP A and AMP B.

If this post helped, let us know.

Thanks.
Alasdairiainmacleod

Postby IsaacJohnson » Fri Jan 17, 2020 3:31 pm

That was the solution! Thank you for posting that. I know it was a long time ago, but still wanted to say that it did work.
IsaacJohnson

Return to AmpliTube Guitar Amp & FX modeling