Latest Amplitube "Could not initialize Audio Device"

AmpliTube TONEX, AmpliTube 5, AmpliTube Custom Shop, AmpliTube Joe Satriani, AmpliTube Brian May, MESA/Boogie®,Orange™, Fender™, Hendrix™, Metal, AmpliTube SVX, and more for Mac/PC

Re: Latest Amplitube "Could not initialize Audio Device"

Postby Peter_IK » Tue Jul 10, 2018 8:32 pm

nuptual wrote:I had to scrap my old 32 bit studio set up and rebuild using 64 bit computer with a Presonus interface and Presonus studio one artist DAW. I can not get AT to sound anywhere close to what I had with the old 32 bit set up I used to have. I submitted a ticket and was told to use the ASIO, but when I do I get the Could not initialize audio device. I hope someone can solve this problem for us. It almost sounds like the dry signal from the guitar is bleeding through...doesn't sound good.

Please make sure you let the support team know in your ticket that you still have this issue and they will continue to assist you.
IK Multimedia. Musicians First.
YouTube - Facebook - Twitter
Need help? Our support team will be happy to help and can be reached at this link.
From the rules: Moderator decisions are not a matter for forum discussion and are final.
Peter_IK
Kingpin

Postby Ryan_IK » Tue Jul 10, 2018 11:41 pm

Hey Guys!

Sorry to hear of all the troubles here.

We have seem some system-specific issues with writing the settings for the AmpliTube 4 Audio/MIDI Set Up. While not common, we do have a couple steps to try while waiting for our Technical Support team's reply.

Try these steps:

1) Go to the location below in a File Explorer instance:

C:\Users\USERNAME\AppData\Roaming\IK Multimedia\AmpliTube 4

2) Inside here, delete the AmpliTube settings file listed ("AmpliTube 4.settings"). This will rebuild itself with the next launch of AmpliTube 4.

Note* You must have the show hidden files/folders option set to the ON position in Windows to see the Appdata and beyond option.

Extra help showing hidden files: http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/wind ... =windows-7

3) Once deleted, right click on the AmpliTube 4 icon and select the 'Properties' menu. Inside this menu, go to the Compatibility tab and check the Run as administrator option.

4) Launch AmpliTube 4 to rebuild this file.

If you are reading this post and have yet to contact the IK Multimedia Technical Support team. Make sure to use the link below to do so.

http://www.ikmultimedia.com/contact-support/
Need help? Our support team will be happy to help and can be reached at this link.
Ryan_IK
Senpai

Postby Milew6623 » Sun Feb 02, 2020 6:03 pm

I am irritated. I bought the AX/IO downloaded the software, and cannot do anything. There are no real step by step instructions that show you what to do after downloading all of the software. I have my guitar in, I see the interface sees it (lights up when strumming) but no sound is coming from my speakers when I play.I get a "Could not initialize audio device" error. Pretty bummed I paid nearly 400$ and have no way of knowing how to really get started. All of the videos are people explaining what it does. How about from out of the box to playing? I need that, otherwise I will bounce my head off the wall.I asked so many times to IKmultimedia via instagram, and they assured me this was as easy as 1,2,3. Plug in, download and go. I have every piece of software downloaded. Says no drivers needed and I am stuck with nothing, I have no idea what to do. I just want to play . Years and years I wanted an audio interface which ALL I NEEDED was the interface/guitar/computer/software. I have all of that and cannot even begin because there are no real "out of the box" tutorials.
Milew6623

Re: AXE I/O Now Available

Postby Milew6623 » Sun Feb 02, 2020 6:09 pm

[duplicate post removed]
Milew6623

Postby Milew6623 » Sun Feb 02, 2020 6:37 pm

Can someone please post a screen shot for the ampitube settings? I am pissed that this is such a pain to get going. All software is activated. Drivers updated/A tutorial on the actual setup would be great, and not just showing them playing through it because....HOW TO GET THERE?
Milew6623

Postby dlgebert » Sun Feb 02, 2020 7:29 pm

Milew6623 wrote:interface/guitar/computer/software.

What OS are you running? MacOS or Windows, and what version? I have an iMac running macOS 10.15 Catalina and my AXE I/O runs without a driver without any problems.

You can download the "AXE I/O Quick Start Guide" and the "AXE I/O User Manual" from your User Area in the My Products section. Under the "AXE I/O" product serial number, there is a Download Resources button where you can download the manuals if you want.

Did you register your product and install the "AXE_IO_Control_Software_(Ver.1.1.0b)" software? If so, open up the Firmware Updater and verify your unit is at the latest version. It will tell you if you are not. If you cannot open the Firmware Updater then I would open a support ticket.

If the Firmware Updater works and you are on the latest version, then your USB connectivity is working. Next, open up the Control Software panel. Below is from the manual:

Code: Select all
Control software

This is a macOS and Windows applet that controls all the functionalities for the AXE I/O, also presenting additional information from the status of AXE I/O. From this applet you will have extended and comprehensive metering, have control over output levels, sample rate, MIDI setup, and other important AXE IO options.

To open the Control software:

After installing the Control software on your computer (refer to section 1.1 of this manual for more information) click the icon on your desktop to launch it.

Assuming that your AXE I/O interface is connected to your computer with the USB cable, the Control app GUI (Graphical User Interface) will appear as shown on the sections below. The green State ‘LED’ at the screen top left should be illuminated; this confirms that the AXE I/O interface is connected and properly working.

If the Control Software is all greyed out and not responsive, then I would open a support ticket.

Dave
dlgebert

Postby Milew6623 » Mon Feb 03, 2020 1:06 am

Well a good 6 hours later and I am still nowhere. Can someone please post a **** screen shot of their settings? I have a desktop with external speakers. Here is what the **** manual says, makes sound oh so easy!

"Once updated you are good to go! Launch your audio software and you can get started using your AXE I/O like any other audio interface."

Are you **** serious? That's it? No more setup, getting started? Not everyone knows how tpo set these up! I have no **** sound coming from my speakers other than system sounds, I see amplitube lighting up when I strum, and the interface but **** I asked support 989077897 times before buying if **** like this was common, then they said whatever the **** they could to get me to buy, I did and I am exactly where I didn't want t be. Pissed off **** around with something that has no **** step by step guides ot troubleshooting. **** pissed
Milew6623

Postby dlgebert » Mon Feb 03, 2020 4:42 pm

Milew6623 wrote:post a **** screen shot of their settings? I have a desktop with external speakers.

I see amplitube lighting up when I strum.

Firstly, I'm a regular paying customer like yourself with no affiliation with IKM and taking time from production to try and help.

Post a screenshot of what? You don't mention if you have a PC or Mac and what version the OS you have. Are you using a DAW and a plugin, or is it the standalone version of Amplitube?

If you are seeing Amplitube lighting up, then the AXE I/O, USB and Amplitube software are all working. The output signal is where the issue lies.

The output signal is going to be routed back to the AXE I/O, NOT your desktop speakers. Do you have a pair of headphones? If so, when you plug them into the AXE I/O headphone jack and turn up the red lined headphone volume knob, can you hear your signal then?

Dave
dlgebert

Postby Peter_IK » Mon Feb 03, 2020 8:07 pm

Please review the forum rules about posting here. That last post littered with obscenities was not in line with the rules to which you agreed upon when you registered for this forum.

Also, as suggested above, IK Support will be able to assist you directly as this is not a medium for direct technical support (which is also stated at the top of the forum rules). They will get you up and running, as I see direct assistance offered by another forum user has been met with an abusive response anyway.

This thread has run its course, and further forum rule violations will have more consequences than a locked topic.
From the rules: Moderator decisions are not a matter for forum discussion and are final.
Peter_IK
Kingpin

Postby Peter_IK » Mon Feb 03, 2020 8:11 pm

Also, with regard to getting started with AXE I/O we do have this FAQ published which may help: https://www.ikmultimedia.com/faq/?id=1276
Peter_IK
Kingpin

Previous

Return to AmpliTube Guitar Amp & FX modeling