Latest Amplitube "Could not initialize Audio Device"

AmpliTube TONEX, AmpliTube 5, AmpliTube Custom Shop, AmpliTube Joe Satriani, AmpliTube Brian May, MESA/Boogie®,Orange™, Fender™, Hendrix™, Metal, AmpliTube SVX, and more for Mac/PC

Latest Amplitube "Could not initialize Audio Device"

Postby dmerrill2 » Sun Dec 25, 2016 12:59 am

I haven't used AT for months, only a few times since I got a Helix. Today when I launched it after installing the newest version of AT 4 to get the new Fender stuff, basic audio isn't working.

First off, all my settings in the Audio MIDI Setup dialog are gone. Second, when I choose ASIO from the Technology dropdown, I get an alert, "Could not initialize Audio Device. Change audio driver or check your advanced Audio Settings in Control Panel, make sure input/output sample rate match same value for selected device."

I'm using the same Focusrite 2i2 I've always used with AT in the living room, and which I still use for headphones there, and which is WORKING FINE for playing audio, videos, etc.. IOW, Windows can use it, but apparently AT can't.

I do plan to use Helix for audio and MIDI at least sometimes in my basement studio, but I haven't tried that yet, always used a 2i2 in the living room and an 18i20 downstairs, and they've been doing fine.

Has anyone run into anything like this? Any ideas?
Last edited by dmerrill2 on Sun Dec 25, 2016 6:54 am, edited 2 times in total.
dmerrill2

Re: Latest Amplitube "Could not initialize Audio Device"

Postby dmerrill2 » Sun Dec 25, 2016 1:07 am

Restarted AT, now it comes up with Windows Audio and the 2i2 selected, but I get the same alert when I select ASIO, and can't choose the 2i2.

I tried disabling Exclusive mode on the 2i2 input and output, no difference. I don't remember changing that setting, but I'm pretty certain Amplitube and normal Windows audio were both able to use it before.

Ideas?
dmerrill2

Postby dmerrill2 » Sun Dec 25, 2016 1:30 am

FM8 sees the 2i2 via ASIO, and works fine with it. Seems to be an Amplitube problem. Yay.
dmerrill2

Postby Peter_IK » Sun Dec 25, 2016 3:31 am

Have you reported this to IK Support? They should be able to assist you with this.
IK Multimedia. Musicians First.
YouTube - Facebook - Twitter
Need help? Our support team will be happy to help and can be reached at this link.
From the rules: Moderator decisions are not a matter for forum discussion and are final.
Peter_IK
Kingpin

Postby dmerrill2 » Sun Dec 25, 2016 6:32 am

Thanks for chiming in Peter.

Yes, I filed a ticket with Support, #401470, but it's holidays, wouldn't expect to hear back right away.

I gather it's not something you've run into, yourself, or out in the community?
dmerrill2

Postby dmerrill2 » Sun Dec 25, 2016 11:33 pm

UPDATE:
- Restarted my laptop, no change
- Tried some more VSTs, all of them could see and use the 2i2
- SEM V, FM8, and impOSCar2 could use it at the same time

Really does seem to be a problem with Amplitube.
dmerrill2

Postby dmerrill2 » Mon Dec 26, 2016 12:36 am

Tried every other amp sim I have, they all work fine with ASIO and the 2i2.

That's S-Gear 2 (which is still awesome BTW), Studio Devil BVC, GTR 3.5, Guitar Rig 5, and ReValver Mk IIIdotV Standalone, no problem with any of them.

AmpliTube OTOH can only connect to Windows Audio, with the expected horrible latency.

I gather nobody else is seeing this?
dmerrill2

Postby Peter_IK » Mon Dec 26, 2016 6:05 pm

I have not run into this, sorry. I'm sure support can assist if other users do not chime in with similar experiences.
IK Multimedia. Musicians First.
YouTube - Facebook - Twitter
Need help? Our support team will be happy to help and can be reached at this link.
From the rules: Moderator decisions are not a matter for forum discussion and are final.
Peter_IK
Kingpin

Postby dmerrill2 » Tue Dec 27, 2016 6:50 pm

Support said this:
Go to C > Users > Name > Appdata > Roaming > IK Multimedia > AmpliTube 4 > Delete the AmpliTube settings files here. Now retry it.

You must have show hidden files/folders option on in Windows to see the Appdata and beyond option.

Did that, no change. Same alert appears when I select ASIO from the Technology dropdown, so I can't select the 2i2.
dmerrill2

Postby kimstrong » Wed Dec 28, 2016 2:09 am

Having the same type of problems (again) with Amplitube 4.1...have now reverted back to version 4.02 which works...was having same type of problems with 4.03 too. I'm using a Roland Octa Capture and a windows 10 system.
kimstrong

Postby dmerrill2 » Wed Dec 28, 2016 11:35 pm

FYI, installing ASIO4ALL, as suggested by Support, did let AT see and use the 2i2. It's not a real solution, but I've passed that info along to Support as requested to help them troubleshoot, and it lets me use AT in the mean time.
dmerrill2

Postby kimstrong » Thu Dec 29, 2016 2:24 am

I have heard of doing that..using asio4all, but I have a Roland Octa-Capture that works great with everything else I have and I want to use it's driver. The asio4all driver is designed to be an option where there is no manufacturers asio driver, like with onboard audio or whatever. For now I have things working with version 4.02. Thanks for the suggestion though. Lets hope a stable new driver is made available soon.
kimstrong

Postby kimstrong » Thu Dec 29, 2016 2:28 am

I just read back on this post and you stated that all your other asio software works fine with the Focusrite driver. Same here I'm running Sonar Platinum, along with other asio software, with no problems whatsoever.
kimstrong

Postby IhabAmer » Mon Jul 09, 2018 5:33 pm

Guys I'm facing the same problem indicated on this forum, did anyone reach a solution? emailed the support and still waiting? If anyone had reached something please let me know.

Cheers!
IhabAmer

Postby nuptual » Tue Jul 10, 2018 7:55 pm

I had to scrap my old 32 bit studio set up and rebuild using 64 bit computer with a Presonus interface and Presonus studio one artist DAW. I can not get AT to sound anywhere close to what I had with the old 32 bit set up I used to have. I submitted a ticket and was told to use the ASIO, but when I do I get the Could not initialize audio device. I hope someone can solve this problem for us. It almost sounds like the dry signal from the guitar is bleeding through...doesn't sound good.
nuptual

Next

Return to AmpliTube Guitar Amp & FX modeling