Announcing Fender Collection 2 for AmpliTube

AmpliTube TONEX, AmpliTube 5, AmpliTube Custom Shop, AmpliTube Joe Satriani, AmpliTube Brian May, MESA/Boogie®,Orange™, Fender™, Hendrix™, Metal, AmpliTube SVX, and more for Mac/PC

Re: Announcing Fender Collection 2 for AmpliTube

Postby Peter_IK » Sun Mar 19, 2017 12:43 pm

Bernard_Shakey wrote:Hi, is there a pdf guide for Fender 2 anywhere? I bought the software but nothing came with it

Hi, the manuals are installed with the product and you can find information about location of the AmplITube (and any IK manuals) at this FAQ: http://www.ikmultimedia.com/faq/2497
IK Multimedia. Musicians First.
YouTube - Facebook - Twitter
Need help? Our support team will be happy to help and can be reached at this link.
From the rules: Moderator decisions are not a matter for forum discussion and are final.
Peter_IK
Kingpin

Postby Bernard_Shakey » Sun Mar 19, 2017 12:59 pm

Thank you. I looked through all the pdfs again and finally found them - they are in the pdf called "AmpliTube Custom Shop Gear Models".

Its confusing that there isn't a separate pdf for Fender 2 like there is for the other collections
Bernard_Shakey

Postby Savage1969 » Wed Apr 19, 2017 1:07 am

Peter, just purchased via gear credits in custom shop. How does one go about getting the presets associated with the pack (assuming there's a Collections preset pack like all the others). Thanks.
Savage1969

Postby Peter_IK » Wed Apr 19, 2017 1:39 am

Savage1969 wrote:Peter, just purchased via gear credits in custom shop. How does one go about getting the presets associated with the pack (assuming there's a Collections preset pack like all the others). Thanks.

Hi, those presets will be under Collections --> Fender 2
Need help? Our support team will be happy to help and can be reached at this link.
From the rules: Moderator decisions are not a matter for forum discussion and are final.
Peter_IK
Kingpin

Postby Savage1969 » Wed Apr 19, 2017 5:16 am

Peter, thank you for reply, but that category doesn't show, only the original Fender collection (which was previously purchased outside of Custom Shop). Should I re-install or is there another method I should pursue? I can email screen shots of all of my collection presets if needed. Thanks again.
Savage1969

Postby Peter_IK » Wed Apr 19, 2017 5:46 am

You must have the latest version of AmpliTube installed from your User Area too.
Peter_IK
Kingpin

Postby Savage1969 » Fri Apr 21, 2017 2:38 am

Good evening Peter. Got a chance to look back into the issue. Re-downloaded from user area (Ver 4.2.0), reinstalled, still no joy on presets. Info button on standalone is "Version 4.2 (7C13) 64-bit". Under "Collections" I have Ampeg, Fender (first pack), Jimi, Mesa, Metal, Orange, and Slash. Not under the "Custom Shop" category either. Any other ideas I could try? Thanks.
Savage1969

Postby Peter_IK » Fri Apr 21, 2017 2:47 am

Savage1969 wrote:Good evening Peter. Got a chance to look back into the issue. Re-downloaded from user area (Ver 4.2.0), reinstalled, still no joy on presets. Info button on standalone is "Version 4.2 (7C13) 64-bit". Under "Collections" I have Ampeg, Fender (first pack), Jimi, Mesa, Metal, Orange, and Slash. Not under the "Custom Shop" category either. Any other ideas I could try? Thanks.

I would open a ticket with IK Support at http://www.ikmultimedia.com/contact-support/mi/ so they can troubleshoot with you directly and more deeply than I could.
Peter_IK
Kingpin

Postby Savage1969 » Fri Apr 21, 2017 4:12 am

Thanks Peter, support ticket opened. Regards.
Savage1969

Postby aseiband » Mon Apr 24, 2017 6:55 am

Hi Savage1969,

i had a similar problem after installing the latest version of Amplitube (4.2.0)
No "Fender 2" entry in the preset drop down list in the Collections category.
However there was a new entry "Presets" in the list. Underneath the same list of categories as one level above. And in there it was, under "Collections" the "Fender 2" collection.
It looks like the installer placed the presets in the wrong folder.
On my Windows machine the presets were installed in my documents folder under "IK Multimedia\Amplitube 4\Presets\Presets". I moved the contents of the second "Presets" folder one level up and now everything is in the right place.
aseiband

Postby Savage1969 » Mon Apr 24, 2017 1:15 pm

Good morning Aseinand,

You are indeed correct, thank you for posting, sincerely appreciated.

Regards.
Savage1969

Postby telecode101 » Thu Aug 29, 2019 1:22 pm

Burillo wrote:i assume it will be like the past Fender collection: if you're into those types of sounds, definitely; if not, then just pick an amp or two in Custom Shop instead. that's what i did with the original Fender Collection - i used to own it, but then i realized i don't play most of the amps in there, so i sold it and instead picked up a couple of amps from Custom Shop.

with Fender Collection 2, i fear it's even more so, because the amps modeled are even more similar than those from the original Fender Collection, so while the quality will definitely be there, i don't expect as much variety as the original collection had. i don't like Fender amps enough to have all of them, so i most likely won't buy the entire thing, but if those are your kinds of sounds, go for it.

Just feel I should add. This post is incorrect. As a new F collection 2 customer and am fairly familiar with the real amps. There are pretty big differences.between the amps modelled in this collection. It goes from a little Champ to Bassmaster to Vibroverb. I am able.to dial.up a lot of different sounds . The trick is to be conservative with the effects. Let the amps themselves give the tone and feel.
Cheers,
Telecode
telecode101

Previous

Return to AmpliTube Guitar Amp & FX modeling