Can't get sound from my Guitar [Resolved]

AmpliTube TONEX, AmpliTube 5, AmpliTube Custom Shop, AmpliTube Joe Satriani, AmpliTube Brian May, MESA/Boogie®,Orange™, Fender™, Hendrix™, Metal, AmpliTube SVX, and more for Mac/PC

Can't get sound from my Guitar [Resolved]

Postby kcarter180 » Thu Nov 17, 2016 12:44 pm

Help !!!

I have downloaded the stand alone Amplitube 4 with Custom Shop onto my Windows 10 Laptop that is a few years old now. I download ASIO drivers and tried to connect my guitar using a USB to Guitar jack cable. It seems to recognise guitar as input levels move when I pluck strings. But I cannot hear anything from either computer speakers or via headphones .

When I check settings input is USB , not sure what output should be set up to.

Can anyone help :| :|
kcarter180

Re: Cant get sound from my Guitar

Postby Peter_IK » Thu Nov 17, 2016 6:12 pm

You would need to set the output to wherever you'd like to hear the output (assuming your onboard soundcard's speaker outs).
IK Multimedia. Musicians First.
YouTube - Facebook - Twitter
Need help? Our support team will be happy to help and can be reached at this link.
From the rules: Moderator decisions are not a matter for forum discussion and are final.
Peter_IK
Kingpin

Re: Cant get sound from my Guitar

Postby kcarter180 » Thu Nov 17, 2016 8:33 pm

Many thanks for the suggestion and also to Jason in support and between you I am up and running.

Looking forward to seeing what I can do with it :lol: :lol: :lol:
kcarter180

Re: Can't get sound from my Guitar [Resolved]

Postby DarkStar » Fri Nov 18, 2016 10:49 am

Good oh!

To help out others with a similar problem, can you let us know how you resolved it?
----------------
DarkStar ... interesting, if true.
Inspired by ...
DarkStar
Hero Of The Week (Moderator)

Postby kcarter180 » Fri Nov 18, 2016 11:55 pm

This was how I got it to work . Where I was going wrong was not having the computer speakers as the 1. Download ASIO4ALL v2 here: http://www.asio4all.com/

2. Install ASIO4ALL.exe

3. Launch your host recording software or AmpliTube

4. In your audio settings, select the ASIO4ALL v.2 driver

5. View the ASIO4ALL Panel.

6. You are now viewing the ASIO4ALL Panel, click the 'wrench' icon in lower right corner, a red 'X" will appear over it. This is necessary for you to select multiple interfaces for use. You will see various devices listed under the WDM Device List on the left.

Click the enable/power button on both the iRig HD and your other interface that you will be listening to the output from.

7. Once the above is set, view your audio settings window once again. Under Input channels, you can now view and select iRig HD as your input.

Under Output channels, make sure your interface you are monitoring from is selected.

Note: Do NOT enable the 'Hardware Buffer' under Options in the ASIO4ALL panel, as this causes poor performance.
output channel. Below is what support sent me and it worked for me.
kcarter180

Postby mluthfik » Mon Mar 25, 2019 5:46 pm

Hello,

I have problem with irig acoustic stage.
when i connect my guitar to my laptop with that, there is no guitar sound in my laptop.
My laptop is up to date version. I use windows 10, and aplitube custom shop.
I have also installed Asio drive and set up the audio midi set up same as the guide book/user manual.

is there something wrong with this stuff ?
mluthfik

Postby Peter_IK » Mon Mar 25, 2019 5:57 pm

mluthfik wrote:Hello,

I have problem with irig acoustic stage.
when i connect my guitar to my laptop with that, there is no guitar sound in my laptop.
My laptop is up to date version. I use windows 10, and aplitube custom shop.
I have also installed Asio drive and set up the audio midi set up same as the guide book/user manual.

is there something wrong with this stuff ?

That is not the normal experience. If you've followed the manual and the steps for ASIO4ALL at https://www.ikmultimedia.com/faq/index.php?id=1076 and still have issue then you would need to contact IK Support for direct technical support at http://www.ikmultimedia.com/contact-support so they can assist you. Thanks!
IK Multimedia. Musicians First.
YouTube - Facebook - Twitter
Need help? Our support team will be happy to help and can be reached at this link.
From the rules: Moderator decisions are not a matter for forum discussion and are final.
Peter_IK
Kingpin

Return to AmpliTube Guitar Amp & FX modeling