Amplitube 4 can't initialize ASIO device

AmpliTube TONEX, AmpliTube 5, AmpliTube Custom Shop, AmpliTube Joe Satriani, AmpliTube Brian May, MESA/Boogie®,Orange™, Fender™, Hendrix™, Metal, AmpliTube SVX, and more for Mac/PC

Re: Amplitube 4 can't initialize ASIO device

Postby joergzdarsky » Mon May 01, 2017 11:58 am

Same probleme here, I installed AmpliTube Custom Shop Version 4.2 for Windows (I am using Windows 7 together with an M-Audio ProFire 2424 and an Axe FX II).

As soon as I start AmpliTube 4 it says it could not initialize audio device because input and output devices dont share a common sample rate.
But as soon as I then enter "Audio Midi Setup" and select any of the provided Technology options, AmpliTube crashes/freezes.
I tried Asio4All also (however I dont want to use it because the native drivers work fine with my Steinberg Cubase Artists 8), but none of the options work.

I was considering buying an iRig 2 HD to use it together with AmpliTube 4 in the living room thats why I initialy wanted to try AmpliTube CS 4. But those crashes dont make me confident that this is a stable product, at least for using it on the laptop?
joergzdarsky

Postby Peter_IK » Mon May 01, 2017 3:26 pm

You shouldn't have that issue when using AmpliTube as a plugin, and AmpliTube 4.2 update was the release that resolved the reported issue mentioned here. If you are still having the issue after installing AmpliTube 4.2 please open a ticket with IK Support at http://www.ikmultimedia.com/contact-support/mi/ and they will happily assist you.
IK Multimedia. Musicians First.
YouTube - Facebook - Twitter
Need help? Our support team will be happy to help and can be reached at this link.
From the rules: Moderator decisions are not a matter for forum discussion and are final.
Peter_IK
Kingpin

Postby maurice_rlm@yahoo.com » Sun Jan 14, 2018 5:58 am

Hi

Can somebody help.

Im using AmpliTube 4 and everything is working fine. But now, I don’t know why my VLC player (and any other player) cannot play when AmpliTube 4 is open and vise versa. (VLC Player is working but AmpliTube is not). When VLC is working and when I open AmpliTube 4, it says that DRIVER FAILS TO INITIALISE. Before I can watch on VLC while playing guitar on AmpliTube 4 and its working 100%. But now I only here my guitar on AmpliTube but the effects, amp modulator, etc is nothing. Im using a laptop with Windows 10 and Scarlette Solo for my audio interface.

Main problem: VLC Player (any other player) cannot play at the same time while using AmpliTube 4.
maurice_rlm@yahoo.com

Postby DarkStar » Mon Jan 15, 2018 4:25 pm

Hello mr_strap and welcome to the forum.

Generally an ASIO driver (such as that used by the Focusrite Scarlett) can only accept audio from one program (that is VLC or AT4) at a time. Whichever program gets it first locks out all others.

IK Multimedia Support may have a workaround. Give them a try:
http://www.ikmultimedia.com/contact-support/mi/
----------------
DarkStar ... interesting, if true.
Inspired by ...
DarkStar
Hero Of The Week (Moderator)

Postby mcpato777 » Fri Aug 10, 2018 4:23 am

Guys, could you let me know if it is correct that one has to install asio4all in order to make Amplitube 4 work? I just bought Irig HD 2 and get the device initialization error.

My point is, shouldn’t the app come with its own ASIO driver?

I’m running it on Windows 10. AT 4 Version 4.6.1.

Thanks
mcpato777

Postby Peter_IK » Fri Aug 10, 2018 4:21 pm

mcpato777 wrote:Guys, could you let me know if it is correct that one has to install asio4all in order to make Amplitube 4 work? I just bought Irig HD 2 and get the device initialization error.

My point is, shouldn’t the app come with its own ASIO driver?

I’m running it on Windows 10. AT 4 Version 4.6.1.

Thanks

Apps/software don't come with audio interface drivers, the audio interface would (or would be Class Compliant or use ASIO4ALL). You can find the steps and settings for ASIO4ALL to properly use IK audio interfaces at www.ikmultimedia.com/faq/3615
Need help? Our support team will be happy to help and can be reached at this link.
From the rules: Moderator decisions are not a matter for forum discussion and are final.
Peter_IK
Kingpin

Postby mcpato777 » Fri Aug 10, 2018 7:57 pm

Thanks Peter. The interface in question it is what I bought an Irig HD 2. Is it supposed to come with it’s own drivers?
mcpato777

Postby Peter_IK » Fri Aug 10, 2018 8:01 pm

mcpato777 wrote:Thanks Peter. The interface in question it is what I bought an Irig HD 2. Is it supposed to come with it’s own drivers?

On Windows, iRig HD 2 uses ASIO4ALL so you can follow the steps in that FAQ and it should work well for you.
Peter_IK
Kingpin

Postby chexom66 » Sat May 18, 2019 4:39 am

hey i was having this same issue all i ended up doig and it worked i picked the output device first and then everything else just showed up
chexom66

Postby Ad_Astra » Fri May 24, 2019 5:54 am

At first Amplitube 4 standalone didn't want to use my M-Audio ASIO. Only some other driver mode. I installed ASIO4ALL and then it showed my M-Audio driver. Then I just unistalled the ASIO4ALL and the M-Audio driver remained in AT4.
Ad_Astra

Postby gimmee99 » Sun Aug 30, 2020 5:48 pm

Ideas for solving this problem:

Having dealt with this issue a couple of times, here is one strategy to always remember. Software typically wants to load and use *ONE* and only one ASIO driver. Some software can deal better with having more than one driver available than others. It seems to me that Amplitube only looks for the "FIRST" available ASIO driver. I think it looks at:

Computer\HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\ASIO

in the registry and takes the first entry and then tries to use it. This means that if you have more than one ASIO driver, and the FIRST one is not the device you intend to use, you will get this problem.

As an example, I have a Boss Katana Amp that is also an audio driver that supports ASIO. And then I have my main Tascam Audio Interface that supports ASIO as well.

When I launch Amplitube, it finds the KATANA entry in the registry first and tries to load that device, but just like the error says, that device (the amp) is not turned on. So instead of trying the second driver, it just stops with the error.

My solution is just to export the KATANA hive from that place in the registry, and then delete it. I then have a Katana.reg file that i can click on if i want to "put it back". With only the Tascam ASIO entry in the registry, Amplitube finds the one and only entry, and works properly.

Bottom line, check that registry value for anything that maybe you didnt realize supports ASIO and make some intentional changes to have only the one you want to use active.
gimmee99

Postby drkberman » Tue Sep 22, 2020 10:19 pm

Had the same problem, but the good folks at IK suggested this remedy and it worked: ignore the error message and follow below:

If you see this message after deleting this file, try selecting your audio device from the Output drop down menu in your Audio/MIDI Set up inside of AmpliTube 4. This should now work.

Keith
drkberman

Postby UnVago » Fri Nov 06, 2020 11:53 pm

Hi guys, i just solve this problem in my laptop (Win 10), i hope this help someone.

Close Amplitube app.
Go to your Bluetooth Windows configuration, make sure you are not paired up with any handsfree audio device or similar, if you are like i was lol, remove it.
Then use the search tab in the windows task bar to open Asio4all settings.
Open it and change the audio device for the one you will use in Amplitube. Note that if you were paired still to your bluetooth device you will not be able to change it.
Now you should be able to use the Asio driver in Amplitube.

Cheers.
UnVago

Previous

Return to AmpliTube Guitar Amp & FX modeling