Where is the Serial Number? [Resolved]

AmpliTube TONEX, AmpliTube 5, AmpliTube Custom Shop, AmpliTube Joe Satriani, AmpliTube Brian May, MESA/Boogie®,Orange™, Fender™, Hendrix™, Metal, AmpliTube SVX, and more for Mac/PC

Where is the Serial Number? [Resolved]

Postby Ysuran » Fri Oct 07, 2016 8:33 pm

Hey guys,

I must be an idiot, otherwise I cant explain why I fail at this point.

I installed Amplitube Custom Shop and already started the demo of several amps and IRs and stuff. Everything works in my DAW. But: When I start my DAW, it says amplitube is not authorized. When following the instructions, it leads to a Serial Number that I should enter.

I don't get this. the Custom Shop program is free. That's what I thought. Yet still I can't find any serial number or even the reason, why a free program should generate a Serial Number. If it does, I have no idea where to search for that Serial Number.

Will I get a serial number as soon as I buy credits in the Custom Shop? Do I need a whole other application to get such a serial number (which would mean to invest more money than for the custom shop parts itself?). What happens if I go beyond the 9 days of not being authorized? Besides, can I use the Custom Shop and its parts offline?

I installed hundreds of programs and went through many many registration processes. But this one is the most confusing for me so far.

Hope anyone can help here.
Ysuran

Re: Where is the Serial Number?

Postby Peter_IK » Fri Oct 07, 2016 9:11 pm

Hi, you can find your AmpliTube Custom Shop serial number in your IK User Area under "My Products"
IK Multimedia. Musicians First.
YouTube - Facebook - Twitter
Need help? Our support team will be happy to help and can be reached at this link.
From the rules: Moderator decisions are not a matter for forum discussion and are final.
Peter_IK
Kingpin

Re: Where is the Serial Number?

Postby Ysuran » Fri Oct 07, 2016 11:08 pm

Thanks. Problem solved quickly :D
Ysuran

Re: Where is the Serial Number? [Resolved]

Postby davidlak » Tue Feb 20, 2018 5:25 am

I downloaded the free programs for registering the irig keyboard I bought but I do not see anything that says “My Products “ in my user interface. Somebody help. When I try to authorize the software it says serial number not supported or something. I can’t find the serial number for the software.
davidlak

Postby Peter_IK » Thu Feb 22, 2018 10:06 pm

You first should register the iRig Keys hardware using the serial number on the included card, following the instructions on the card (hardware is not registered using Authorization Manager, which is for software). You'd register that at http://www.ikmultimedia.com/registration

After that, you must visit your IK User Area at http://www.ikmultimedia.com/userarea and there you should see My Products. In there you will find the installers and serial numbers for the software that will have unlocked for you when you registered your iRig Keys hardware.
IK Multimedia. Musicians First.
YouTube - Facebook - Twitter
Need help? Our support team will be happy to help and can be reached at this link.
From the rules: Moderator decisions are not a matter for forum discussion and are final.
Peter_IK
Kingpin

Postby geoff4 » Tue Sep 03, 2019 1:08 am

This serial number does not appear under "My Products" along with my other purchases. Also confused and disappointed.
geoff4

Postby garfy » Tue Sep 03, 2019 10:55 am

Hello geoff4 and welcome to the forums.

geoff4 wrote:This serial number does not appear under "My Products" along with my other purchases. Also confused and disappointed.

Which serial number are you talking about? If it is for a hardware product, it comes on a card in the box that you can then register.

If it is software, then you can find it in your user area on the website.

Can you clarify what product you need a serial number for please?
System Specs: 2012 Mac Mini 2.6 i7 & 2015 MBP 2.2 i7, 16GB RAM
macOS10.15.7 Logic 10.6.1 Reason 11
Various IK, NI, Waves, Softube, Eventide, XLN software
Focusrite 18i20 x 2, Novation ReMote 25SL
garfy

Postby geoff4 » Wed Sep 04, 2019 12:59 am

It is for the free custom shop software. It is not listed in my user area.
geoff4

Postby garfy » Wed Sep 04, 2019 8:21 am

Hmm, very strange.

If you have downloaded AmpliTube Custom Shop from your User Area, the serial number is directly to the left of the download button.

If it is definitely not there, I would suggest opening a ticket with official IK support, for some one-to-one help. https://www.ikmultimedia.com/contact-support/mi/

Hope that helps.
garfy

Postby geoff4 » Wed Sep 04, 2019 12:26 pm

Indeed that is the case for all my other products, but Custom shop is not on the list in my user area. I downloaded it from here https://www.ikmultimedia.com/demodownlo ... ustom-shop, there is no serial number on that page and it has never appeared on my list of products in my user area.

This is a catch22 oversight - you need the serial number to register the software to get your serial number. I did contact support but have not heard back, and I can't see where my ticket is logged so I will try again. I have many years of software development experience so I am not overlooking the obvious, I assure you. Thanks for the quick response.
geoff4

Postby DarkStar » Wed Sep 04, 2019 12:36 pm

You need to go to your User Area /My products section and look at AmpliTube Custom Shop there.

https://www.ikmultimedia.com/userarea/my-products/

Downloading from that other page does not place it in your User Area; it would be better if the link to that page took you into your User Area instead.

PS You will find other free "Custom Shop" products there too.
----------------
DarkStar ... interesting, if true.
Inspired by ...
DarkStar
Hero Of The Week (Moderator)

Postby geoff4 » Wed Sep 04, 2019 12:55 pm

Alright, for the third time, the product is not listed in my user area whatsoever under "My Products". My Sample Tank, Watchtower Groove, GrooveMaker, and paid-for Amplitube for iPad are all listed with their serial numbers.

Thanks for trying but you are missing my point.
geoff4

Postby garfy » Wed Sep 04, 2019 2:01 pm

It appears that your account isn't working as it should then. This is kind of confirmed by the fact that your User Account does not (appear) to be showing any of the free IK products you get for opening an account.

Unfortunately, Moderators on this user-to-user forum do not have access to your account and so we can't give direct help with them. This forum is also not a direct link to the support team.

Official IK Support, who can help you with account problems, endeavour to answer tickets within 1-2 working days. Until then, if you feel you are unsatisfied with the non-response, you can PM your ticket number shown in the automated reply email, to either Peter_IK or Ryan_IK, who will try and chase it up a response for you.

Hope that helps.
garfy

Postby geoff4 » Wed Sep 04, 2019 2:07 pm

That’s very helpful, thanks. Perhaps it’s because my account is 10+ years old. Waiting for support to respond, thanks again.
geoff4

Postby szitzma » Mon Mar 02, 2020 3:12 am

Not sure if your problem has been resolved, but I was also having the same issue. The "My Products" section didn't show the free Amplitube Custom Shop software. What I did to get it to show was to click the "User Area" menu button at the top of the "My Products" page. After I did this a message popped up telling me I had free gifts, which were the Amplitube Custom Shop, T-RackS 5 Custom Shop, SampleTank Custom Shop and Syntronik Free.

Hope this helps someone.
szitzma

Next

Return to AmpliTube Guitar Amp & FX modeling