Problem with Amplitube 4

AmpliTube TONEX, AmpliTube 5, AmpliTube Custom Shop, AmpliTube Joe Satriani, AmpliTube Brian May, MESA/Boogie®,Orange™, Fender™, Hendrix™, Metal, AmpliTube SVX, and more for Mac/PC

Re: Problem with Amplitube 4

Postby Peter_IK » Wed Oct 12, 2016 7:36 pm

mcspider wrote:Hi guys,

i have the same problem after windows 10 did a security-update today.

Before the update, Amplitube worked normally. It does not start anymore since the update.
A new installation did not bring any improvement.

Amplitube 4.0.3 Deluxe, Windows 10 (1607) 64Bit, 6 GB RAM, AMD Athlon 64 X2 6000+ DualCore 2x3 GHz, Mainboard: ASUS M2N-SLI, iRIg-HD, Behringer UCA200

Please report this issue and these details to IK Support who will troubleshoot with you and get your issue resolved. They can be reached at http://www.ikmultimedia.com/contact-support/mi/ Thanks!
IK Multimedia. Musicians First.
YouTube - Facebook - Twitter
Need help? Our support team will be happy to help and can be reached at this link.
From the rules: Moderator decisions are not a matter for forum discussion and are final.
Peter_IK
Kingpin

Solved: Problem with Amplitube 4

Postby mcspider » Wed Oct 12, 2016 8:22 pm

Hi guys,

i think i solved the problem "Amplitube 4 not starting anymore".

i gave administration-rights to the Amplitube4.exe

After that it startet normaly and worked perfect as before.

Hope it will do so with your systems too :-)

Greatings from germany
mcspider

Postby Peter_IK » Wed Oct 12, 2016 8:32 pm

I'm glad something worked for you but running as Administrator should not have been necessary for some time with AmpliTube. Interesting.
Need help? Our support team will be happy to help and can be reached at this link.
From the rules: Moderator decisions are not a matter for forum discussion and are final.
Peter_IK
Kingpin

Postby mdambros » Thu Oct 13, 2016 2:03 am

Nope. It did not work for me. I've set the program to always run as administrator. I am on an admin account, still no difference.

I did open a ticket. I am waiting for a response.
mdambros

Postby mdambros » Wed Oct 19, 2016 9:00 pm

I still can't get it to open. I opened a ticket on 10/11 and went back and forth with support. Last suggestion was to shut my Antivirus off and try it. That didn't work. I haven't heard back for two days now...
mdambros

Postby mdambros » Fri Oct 21, 2016 10:00 pm

Four days now, and no more responses regarding my ticket from Customer Support...
mdambros

Postby Peter_IK » Fri Oct 21, 2016 10:14 pm

mdambros wrote:Four days now, and no more responses regarding my ticket from Customer Support...

What is your ticket number?
Peter_IK
Kingpin

Postby mdambros » Fri Oct 21, 2016 11:05 pm

Ticket #237315

Just received a response. I will try the fix when I have access to my PC later.

Thanks
mdambros

Postby agustinrv » Tue Nov 08, 2016 3:54 am

Hi, did you solve the issue?
agustinrv

Postby Peter_IK » Tue Nov 08, 2016 3:11 pm

agustinrv wrote:Hi, did you solve the issue?

Please open a ticket with support if you have not done so already, as solutions to what may appear on the surface as similar issues may require different troubleshooting and solutions.
Peter_IK
Kingpin

Postby mdambros » Wed Nov 09, 2016 8:05 pm

agustinrv wrote:Hi, did you solve the issue?

Problem has been resolved. I was told to uninstall the latest updated version, and to then download and install an earlier version.

Under Users Area, where you see your products, there is a section to get earlier releases.

I worked backwards from the latest version installing and testing. I think I had to go two updates back, and then it worked as it should.
mdambros

Postby Peter_IK » Wed Nov 09, 2016 11:42 pm

mcspider wrote:Hi guys,

i have the same problem after windows 10 did a security-update today.

Before the update, Amplitube worked normally. It does not start anymore since the update.
A new installation did not bring any improvement.

Amplitube 4.0.3 Deluxe, Windows 10 (1607) 64Bit, 6 GB RAM, AMD Athlon 64 X2 6000+ DualCore 2x3 GHz, Mainboard: ASUS M2N-SLI, iRIg-HD, Behringer UCA200

It is best to open a support ticket as they can troubleshoot directly to find out what is causing the issue for you. They can be reached at http://www.ikmultimedia.com/contact-support/mi/ Thanks!
Peter_IK
Kingpin

Postby chicagobears316 » Tue Nov 15, 2016 3:54 am

I'll add mine to an existing ticket as mine acted weird last night and stopped opening today. I'm on win 7 desktop, so its not purely a win 10 thing. all of my other ik stuff does open
chicagobears316

Postby jayq5 » Tue Feb 14, 2017 10:39 pm

I almost hate to report this on this thread as I think that IK may think to postpone addressing the real problem but I also faced this same issue after I purchased the iRig Duo recording suite and downloaded IKA4, installed and authorized on my i7 quad core Dell desktop running at 2.80 GHz with 8 gig of memory under Windows 10. So it seemed to work initially until I authorized the version with the Serial number then, it was lights out. I could click on the program icon but nothing would happen. I also installed it on my laptop dual core running at 3.06 GHz with 8 gig memory and....same thing =o( So, started a ticket...which I'm still waiting for a response...and got antsy enough to proactively search for some inroads myself as I was getting nowhere sitting on my thumbs. I remembered reading on one of the threads somewhere that somebody suggested to run the program as the "Administrator" and although that also had no effect, an item that caught my eye on the menu was, "Troubleshoot Compatibility" located directly below it. Sounded good to me so I gave it a shot. Guess what? The option allowed me to tell the computer that I am having trouble running this program under Windows 10. What's more (believe it or not) someone over at Microsoft had the foresight to address programs that may work well under Windows 7 or 8 but are not initiating under Win10. And yes, after doing a "test" to see if that would allow the program to run, I guided Windows to save those settings for Amplitube 4 to run on my Windows 10 OS. Of course, I'm not sure if this will totally fix the problem, but it's a far cry from where I was at just a day or two ago when the program just ignored me and kept to itself. Good luck with your own venture on this!
jayq5

Postby mcspider » Tue Feb 14, 2017 11:25 pm

Some days ago i had to reset my new Win10 Intel Core i5 6402P Computer to Factory-Setup after some one hacked it. After that my personal work around, giving adminrights to AT4.1 deluxe didn't work anymore. And also the hint from support to delete old hidden settingfiles could not solve that because it was a fresh installation so there could not be any old settingfile and there wasn't. After all that didn't work i downdated my AT4.1 to AT4.02. And now it runs (without Adminrights).
That problem only showes up with AT Ver 4.03 and newer. So i think there must be a problem inside Amplitube and not Windows.
And i think the problem could be within the audiodevice-initialisation because if i got AT4.03 or AT4.1 run before the new installation of Windows 10, it didn't start if i pluged the iRigHD into another USB-Port or just left it to use another audiodevice.
mcspider

PreviousNext

Return to AmpliTube Guitar Amp & FX modeling