How To Change Patches With Reaper And Amplitube 3

AmpliTube TONEX, AmpliTube 5, AmpliTube Custom Shop, AmpliTube Joe Satriani, AmpliTube Brian May, MESA/Boogie®,Orange™, Fender™, Hendrix™, Metal, AmpliTube SVX, and more for Mac/PC

How To Change Patches With Reaper And Amplitube 3

Postby aakashproduction » Thu Sep 08, 2016 3:10 pm

Hey i am kindda new in these stuffs !! :P i can't afford midi controller or foot switch
i know that it is possible to change patches in reaper with amplitube 3 , so please help me and tell me the procedure in details
Thank You in advance :)
aakashproduction

Re: How To Change Patches With Reaper And Amplitube 3

Postby Jason_IK » Wed Sep 14, 2016 8:22 pm

Hi,

Sorry there is no way to change presets in the plug in version, this is because the DAW will not allow this usually. You can in the stand alone version though.
Jason Williams - Senior Technical Support
IK Multimedia. Musicians First.
YouTube - Facebook- Twitter
Need help? Our support team will be happy to help and can be reached at this link.
Jason_IK
IK Moderator

Postby smata65 » Thu Sep 15, 2016 4:33 am

Jason_IK wrote:Hi,

Sorry there is no way to change presets in the plug in version, this is because the DAW will not allow this usually. You can in the stand alone version though.

Jason, this is not correct. Both Amplitube 3 and 4 alow You to change presets via midi in Reaper. I've been doing this for years live, and You can record the midi PC commands to change them in the studio (I use this when I mix a live recording).

aakashproduction.

-Assign the PC numbers to Your presets in Amplitube
For each preset MIDI Button->Preset Tab- Program Change (drag with the mouse, Keyboard doesn't work in this window)
- In Reaper create 2 tracks, one for amplitube and the other for the midi commands
- Route the midi track to the Amplitube track (I use a folder for this, but Reaper has powerful routing options, use the one You are comfortable with)
- Record Your audio in the AT3 track, and record the midi commands in the midi track (I use my midi controller for that, but you can create midi items and insert program change comands in the desired locations)
smata65

Postby Jason_IK » Thu Sep 15, 2016 4:28 pm

Thanks for letting us know this, Reaper is a special beast for sure.

We will have to look into this for AT4 and see what may be causing this. You may want to do a support ticket attention to me so we can look into this in more detail then on the forum.
Jason Williams - Senior Technical Support
IK Multimedia. Musicians First.
YouTube - Facebook- Twitter
Need help? Our support team will be happy to help and can be reached at this link.
Jason_IK
IK Moderator

Postby spolti » Tue Nov 10, 2020 3:04 am

Hey guys, I am trying to do the same, but have no progress so far, got a example from this video https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=APEu3YmAc0E

Here, I can see the MIDI lef blinking on amplitube plugin, but the preset don't change.

My friend, tried the exactly same steps and on his case it worked.
I know that he is using a pretty old version of reaper, from 2018 I guess and amplitube is not also up to date.

The difference I have noticed between their setup than mine is just one, can see on the attached image.

the preset number is shown on the little rectangle (]https://pasteboard.co/JzE3V3T.png), in our case, we used preset 001 and 002.
Any idea about what am I doing wrong?
spolti

Return to AmpliTube Guitar Amp & FX modeling